CA CA - Dorothy Scott, 32, Anaheim, 27 May 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I said this before-I don't think this case is connected to others. I think the person who killed Dorothy was obsessed with her and she was the only person he was interested in harming.

I just read something about this earlier and searched and saw that there was a thread on here for Dorothy. I thought basically the same thing that you posted.

But then I got to thinking...
I'm in my mid-30's and this happened when I was a baby. The killer may not even be alive now. Dorothy would be in her late sixties.

The guy that stalked/killed her was kinda/sorta "sicko" (for lack or a better term). If he was going to get that worked-up over Dorothy, I don't know if killing her would satiate his obsession(s). He could have moved on to another "girlfriend" that we haven't heard about. Or one that he didn't kill.

The killer could still be alive and it could be that there was more than 1 person involved.

The killer could still be alive and it could be that there was more than 1 person involved.

I'll agree that the killer may still be alive, but I'm not sure that more than one killer was involved. It's rather apparent that there was a guy that was obsessed with her and basically stalking her. I didn't think folks like that would run in packs.

I wonder if the killer killed anyone else after or before Dorothy. Is her mom still alive.

An interesting case. This wasn't the run of the mill opportunistic predictor, this was an obsessed stalker who moved on to murder and harassing the victim's family. I noticed that the actual abduction was quite unusual. At this point, I doubt much can be done with it but the means of the abdication created several clues. I wonder if they were followed up on.

There seems to be little doubt that the perpetrator followed Dorothy from her place of employment to her parents home (oddly enough, while taking her co-worker to the hospital accompanied by another co-worker, she stopped at her parents home to check on her son) and then to the hospital. This was apparently a work meeting for all employees after the shops had closed; probably early evening but later than she usually left work. The predator must have had a car. He would have had to wait around for hours until she eventually left the hospital with the two co- workers at 11:00PM.

Dorothy went to get her car while the other two waited at the entrance. I don't know how long they waited but long enough to be concerned and much longer than it should have taken. Suddenly Dorothy's car came along but instead of stopping for them, it speed past them and drove away. (One report had her car following a smaller car)

Normally, an abduction is a pretty quick action. A long struggle is unlikely; even in a hospital parking lot at 11:00PM. I suspect there was some verbal exchange. Did she know the guy?

At 4:30 AM the next morning, her car was found on fire in an alleyway in Santa Ana, ten miles away. That raises the question of how did the perp get away and get back to his car ten miles away in the middle of the night? There would be no public transportation at that time of night. Did the police check with local taxi companies? I can't see someone walking the ten miles. I would think if the perp was going to walk back to his car, he would have left Dorothy's car closer.

Interestingly, Dorothy's body was crudely buried in a shallow grave roughly 7 miles north of UCI hospital while her car was left ten miles to the south. There was over 5 hours elapsed between the the time of the abduction and the time the fire was set. There is a good chance the perpetrator did what he was going to do and then disposed of the body that night. If so, it would make no sense to drive to Santa Ana to find a random spot to dump her car. I suspect he lived or otherwise had somewhere to go near where he dumped the car. There would have been ways to get to the hospital parking lot in the morning.

Had the police made the connection between the burned car in Santa Ana and the abduction in Anaheim soon enough, they might have checked the hospital parking lot for cars left all night but most likely the perpetrator got his car before anyone checked.

There is always the chance there was an accomplice with a car but that would be very unusual for a stalker/obsession type crime. These are almost always lone wolf crimes. My guess is that the perpetrator was someone who made the acquaintance of Dorothy sometime in the months before the calls started but did not have a relationship of any kind with her. He may not have had the confidence to attempt to initiate any type of relationship but she probably did recognize him when she encountered him in the parking lot. Otherwise she would have fled, struggled or screamed. She was very likely his only victim.

At this point, 36 years later with no forensic evidence, resolution is very unlikely.

Where did you read about a Dorothy's car following another car? I have a bad feeling Dorothy was not killed right away. She may have been kept alive for days, maybe even years. Do we know why she stopped at her parent's?

Where did you read about a Dorothy's car following another car? I have a bad feeling Dorothy was not killed right away. She may have been kept alive for days, maybe even years. Do we know why she stopped at her parent's?

On another site, someone claimed to have obtained many newspapers articles from 1980-81 on the case and claimed that initial reports mentioned that Dorothy's car appeared to be following a smaller car. Later reports made no mention of it. I don't know what to make of it.

Bumping for Dorothy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

True Crime Garage did a podcast on Dorothy recently..

http://www.truecrimegarage.com/

http://truecrimegarage.podbean.com

Dorothy Jane Scott ////// 35

TrueCrimeGarage.com
Dorothy Jane Scott was a beautiful, professional, single mom in her early thirties. She was pretty boring according to friends, she went to work and stayed home taking care of her son. Then one day the phone calls started. Scary phone calls. The caller said he was watching her and he was going to get her and cut her up into little pieces. Then late one night Dorothy is abducted from a hospital parking lot. This week Nic & the Captain discuss the strange case of Dorothy and the caller.

True Crime Garage did a podcast on Dorothy recently..

http://www.truecrimegarage.com/

http://truecrimegarage.podbean.com

Dorothy Jane Scott ////// 35

TrueCrimeGarage.com
Dorothy Jane Scott was a beautiful, professional, single mom in her early thirties. She was pretty boring according to friends, she went to work and stayed home taking care of her son. Then one day the phone calls started. Scary phone calls. The caller said he was watching her and he was going to get her and cut her up into little pieces. Then late one night Dorothy is abducted from a hospital parking lot. This week Nic & the Captain discuss the strange case of Dorothy and the caller.

These two guys look like good suspects. Roy Elmer Pitchford lived in Chino Hills, Anaheim, Hacienda Heights. Larry James Allred lived in Westminster, Hacienda Heights. http://glendoracitynews.com/2016/04...harge-suspect-in-glendorans-cold-case-murder/ https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3777215/allred_pitchford/ We were looking at these cases in Garden Grove on this site a while back some of them could be connected. http://earonsgsk.proboards.com/thread/48/gsk-murders-orange-county?page=2

Shouldn't have read about this case at 2am - completely freaking me out. Rest In Peace Dorothy <3

Hopefully the murderer/sicko caller is rotting in a prison cell somewhere, or in the dirt where he belongs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is crazy. No where have I read before that Dorothy's dad owned that shop, but then again, her son never did an interview before. And that sister sounds suspect as hell. Does anyone know her name-does she live in LA or Missouri? Is Mike Butler alive still? Does he have a record? Were the coworkers friends of the sister? Are the coworkers still alive?

Dorothy is said to be a single mother, who was the father of her son? It's never mentioned anywhere. How was the relationship between the couple?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back