CA - Earthquake - 6.4 foreshock; 7.1 main shock, 4 July, 2019 - Largest since 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I felt it rather strongly and I'm about 75 miles from the epicenter. I had a couple items fall off my mantle but no other damage. Swinging hanging light. The pups were scared. It lasted quite a long time! I felt like it was going to stop and then it would intensify again. A rolling motion. Not as strong as others I've felt in the past but definitely a wake up for preparedness!

Thanks for the continued updates. Here in metro Detroit, we just had a major thunderstorm outbreak with heavy downpour, thunder and lightning. I shut down computer when this happens. It's calm at the moment, but we might not be in the clear just yet.
It sounds like an eventful fourth of July!

We're feeling some aftershocks all the way down here in San Diego! Mild back-and-forth shaking, no noise or visible damage. (The latest was at 4.44 pm, and shows as a 3.6 aftershock of the 6.4 Ridgecrest quake, on the USGS map) Exciting for this east coast transplant, but my locals just shrug.

Best wishes to all in harm's way on this glorious 4th of July.
d015.gif

...and earthquakes are to a girl's guitar
they are just another good vibration...

Got hit with a 5.4 a little after 4 am this morning. That was a nice little wake up call. There's also been over 200 aftershocks of 2.5 or bigger in the same area since the 6.4 happened yesterday morning. Seems the faults in the area don't want to stop

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back