CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a truly viable suspect, your best course of action is to contact the FBI tipline. You can either call or write an email.

Please remember that Quester is not LE, he is simply a person who knows a lot about the case (he is also very committed to his POI).

If you are presenting information the FBI tipline, it may be helpful to gather as much information as possible about your POI beforehand (it will make the FBI's work even just a bit easier.) If you're unsure how your POI is looking, again, i'd suggest you return to the proboards and share your information with someone like doogie who has been working on this case for years. You can send him a PM. Also, the other members may be willing to help if you start a thread. There is also a sub reddit about EAR/ONS.

Edit: Sorry, to be even more clear, before you send anything, check to make sure that your POI hasn't been incarcerated in California after...2004? I think. After a certain year, all DNA profiles from people who committed sex crimes/violent offenses are in the national database (I believe it was the family members of ONS's victims who pushed for this law in the first place). So anyone who already has DNA on file can be ruled out because EAR's DNA has already been put into the national database.

I've been following and working on this case for many years. I joined this board today because someone mentioned that a photo of a poi was put up along side a sketch of the suspected killer of the Maggiori's over here. Can anyone tell me where to view it? I entered key words in the search box above and it brought me here. Thanks.

There are some pictures on pages 39 & 40 of this thread, not sure if those are the ones you were looking for.

There is a new article about the case, asking for updates but not really anything new that I can see.

Gina Swankie, a spokeswoman for the FBI’s Sacramento field office, said nearly 700 tips have been received to date, but the man has not been identified. The FBI and members of a law enforcement working group are following up on leads.

“All remain hopeful that tips will continue to flow in and that the subject will be identified,” Swankie said in an email. The FBI has a web page devoted to the case: https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/help-us-catch-the-east-area-rapist. Anyone with information regarding the case is asked to call the FBI’s toll-free tip line at 800-225-5324 or their local FBI office, or submit a tip online, at tips.fbi.gov.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article126049594.html#storylink=cpy

I've been following and working on this case for many years. I joined this board today because someone mentioned that a photo of a poi was put up along side a sketch of the suspected killer of the Maggiori's over here. Can anyone tell me where to view it? I entered key words in the search box above and it brought me here. Thanks.

Are you talking about this?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yeah, FBI tipline was my 1st port of call but I got no reply whatsoever, not even a 'thanks, we'll look into it', as I said earlier (10 or so pages back, so I don't blame you for not reading it). I'll try again with FBI & some of the previous investigators via LinkedIn later this week and let you all know how I go...

This happened in Sacramento during a community meeting. The man, a dentist, spoke up saying if the EAR were to show up at his house, he would have been able to defend himself and his wife. Within weeks, the EAR visited this man and raped his wife. No murder took place.

This is a true story. (I lived in Carmichael until moving to the Bay Area in January 1975). I was visiting my parents in Davis when I read about the community meeting (front page of Sacramento Bee). Later, my Mom told me about the man who spoke up in the meeting who became a victim of EAR.

My brother was friends with one of the UCD coeds who was raped by the EAR. Chilling.

Since the EAR's DNA has not hit a match in the system (so far), he most likely had not been in trouble before this started. I believe fingerprints or partial fingerprints were lifted at several crime scenes.

This was said to be the photo of the meeting.

attachment.php

The guy on the right looks like this version of this sketch, though more older.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sharpe10.jpg
    sharpe10.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 234
  • enhanc11.jpg
    enhanc11.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 228
Not to put too fine a point on it because these people are innocent, but two other individuals catch my eye.
Vaguely, one on our far left seemingly covering wrist, and one, not a full pic. in back, our far right, seemingly smirking.
imo, speculation.

Witness who actually saw his face, described him like this:

Nothing identifying at all. […] She said he had a young round face, putting his age in the late teens to early 20’s.”

This is probably the most reliable description of EAR, and the source for the sketch above (black ski mask one)

About the FBI tipline... theyre getting a lot of tips, they wont be able to respond to you. They'll just take the tip and proceed forward. If you want to be sure (it seems like you were unhappy with how your tip was handled), call the hotline and specifically talk to someone. Some others have mentioned that this was a better option for them because they knew the tip had been recieved.

Witness who actually saw his face, described him like this:

This is probably the most reliable description of EAR, and the source for the sketch above (black ski mask one)
I'm confused about how americans perceive faces because to me he is distinctive.

i didnt know that was a fact do you have any more information about the case do you know of any suspects

it looks like you may have been right i was on wikipedia in 1991 a victim got a phone call from ear she could here a woman and children
in the background which means he may have started a family which also means he was still alive btk stopped for years because
he was busy with family same type of thing could have happend

it looks like you may have been right i was on wikipedia in 1991 a victim got a phone call from ear she could here a woman and children
in the background which means he may have started a family which also means he was still alive btk stopped for years because
he was busy with family same type of thing could have happend

It is now generally believed to be a TV Movie "BREAKING UP" w/Lee Remik in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz