Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RP himself.png

Also, it was quite a confusing time in Sacramento during that time. We not only had the East Area Rapist, we also had two more. One was referred to as the Early Morning Rapist and another the Early Bird rapist. The early morning and early bird rapists were caught and prosecuted.

Back when EAR/ONS first started raping, macramé was really popular. My feeling is he learned macramé but could have learned knots in cubs scouts as a start.

You're so correct about the macrame. Everyone I knew at that time was making their own macrame plant hangers. My neighbor taught me and it was a fun way to pass an evening.

Here are the sketches that Quester was referring to when he named RAP as his POI.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

In these sketches, I can easily see the resemblance to the photos. But, it is hard to know for certain since these aren't the sketches that the FBI went with on their last update. But, back when this was happening in the area, this sketch was the one that the local newspapers were going with.
Interesting, I don't see the resemblance.

What do you think EAR's job was? I always thought he was a student, since he seemed to have had so much free-time to stalk and scout the victims. But it's also possible that he had some kind of delivery job, which allowed him to scout without looking suspicious.

Other possibilities:
-He was a cop or a son of a cop.
-Construction worker.
-He was a son of a rich parents, so he didn't need to work. Which gave him lot of free-time to rape and murder.

What do you think EAR's job was? I always thought he was a student, since he seemed to have had so much free-time to stalk and scout the victims. But it's also possible that he had some kind of delivery job, which allowed to scout without looking suspicious.

Other possibilities:
-Construction worker.
-He was a son of a rich parents, so he didn't need to work. Which gave him lot of free-time to rape and murder.
I think it's impossible to know, i haven't been researching this for a long time but it's clear to me that there are no rules. For instance that mentally challenged person that hosts the Dark Minds series says that he chose to use a diamond knot to send a message to the police. That is so delusional.

I don't think we can infer anything about him from his attacks, has any profiling ever actually matched the perpetrator? I don't recall, wouldn't be surprised if it never did. However we do have something that gives us a lead, a very definitive lead, it's pretty much the only thing we know and nobody has followed on it and that is the diamond knot.

The key questions are, who uses a diamond knot? where do you learn to use a diamond knot? what type of profession would be proficient in a diamond knot? did he tie them during the crimes or came with them preprepared? why? Other than the DNA, the diamond knot is the only thing that actually says anything but no law enforcement seems to have gone down that trail? That is the key to me, the only one he left actually.

What do you think EAR's job was? I always thought he was a student, since he seemed to have had so much free-time to stalk and scout the victims. But it's also possible that he had some kind of delivery job, which allowed him to scout without looking suspicious.

Other possibilities:
-Construction worker.

Maybe perp worked in the film/ entertainment industry, ie. unusual hours, intense seasonal work periods where good pay is accumulated during film/show run, followed by absence thereof.
Possibly employed at tourist attractions, waiter, bicycle courier, taxi driver, ect.

I would be careful with using the composites in this case. In almost every EAR attack he was wearing a mask that concealed his face. There was only one case where he wore a mask that showed his face.

The composite above, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is from the Maggorie murders. Some believe the VR committed these murders (VR= Vasalia Ransacker) and while many believe that EAR and VR are one in the same, that link hasnt been proven. I believe I saw a while back on the proboards that they had DNA from VR. If that's the case, it doesnt match EAR as his DNA has also been inputted, which is how we know the EAR and ONS are the same person. (I may be remembering incorrectly, either way, there is no DNA linkage between EAR/ONS and VR, although there is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that theyre the same person.)

All of the sketches (except one) are of a "suspicious person in the area" and not true EAR composites.

I would be careful with using the composites in this case. In almost every EAR attack he was wearing a mask that concealed his face. There was only one case where he wore a mask that showed his face.

The composite above, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is from the Maggorie murders. Some believe the VR committed these murders (VR= Vasalia Ransacker) and while many believe that EAR and VR are one in the same, that link hasnt been proven. I believe I saw a while back on the proboards that they had DNA from VR. If that's the case, it doesnt match EAR as his DNA has also been inputted, which is how we know the EAR and ONS are the same person. (I may be remembering incorrectly, either way, there is no DNA linkage between EAR/ONS and VR, although there is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that theyre the same person.)

All of the sketches (except one) are of a "suspicious person in the area" and not true EAR composites.

Maggiore murders happened in 1978. VR stopped committing crimes in 1975. So it couldn't have been him, unless he was EAR.

There's way too much similarites between EAR and VR:

-Using dishes as alarms.
-Ransacking.
-Taking little valuables.
-Both had high pitched voice.
-VR had blonde hair and blue eyes. Some victims said EAR's hair was blonde (other victims said it was brown) and eyes were blue.
-EAR appearing suddenly, right after VR disappeared.

Unless of course they were brothers or associates/friends, or EAR just read about VR somewhere and started using similar M.O.

I understand that most people think VR and EAR are the same. However, I dont feel as if that should be presented as fact if it hasnt been proven by DNA.

I also believe that EAR and VR are the same person. However there is a possibility they arent (even though there is a lot of evidence pointing towards it.) Many people believe that EAR was a young man when he committed the crimes, yet as you've said, VR stopped in 75 and had a number of years of committing break ins before that. Additionally, descriptions of EAR and VR are very different, and that is one thing that a lot of people fail to mention when making the comparison. Is it possible that VR was in fact 2 people? We dont know. I just dont like going off of this composite because there were 2 people at the Maggorie crime scene, either one of which may or may not have been EAR (one very well could have been VR).

The reason i'm saying use caution is because there could be new people stumbling onto this board and that composite without knowing all of the backstory, connections to VR, Maggorie murders, the attempted kidnapping and murder of the professor and etc etc. I feel the only sketch that can truly, 100% be attributed to EAR/ ONS is this (we can speculate on whether EAR/VR were the same but without DNA that will never be fact. I personally prefer to look at this case from facts ONLY as there is far too much speculation being thrown about.)

8d90cf74e517947a8245b1ec6131925c.jpg

How did they get the DNA of VR? He never raped anyone if I remember correctly. He tried to once, but was interrupted by victim's father.

Interesting voice recording of EAR. Victim was sure that it was his voice.
[video=youtube;jdElYnd-xMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdElYnd-xMo[/video]

There's was another call to 911, the caller claimed that he was East Area Rapist and he was going to attack that night The attack happened that night like he said, so this call is likely legit as well.
[video=youtube;Rsfmk5jTQVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsfmk5jTQVM[/video]

How did they get the DNA of VR? He never raped anyone if I remember correctly. He tried to once, but was interrupted by victim's father.

I'm pretty sure they don't have VR's DNA. Either way, if VR was or wasn't a match to EAR/ONS it would be all over the news. LE would definitely want that information released to the public. There's still a chance they could get DNA from the clothes Snelling's daughter was wearing during her foiled kidnapping. VR was dragging her out of the house, when confronted he shot and killed her father Professor Snelling. **Also if you haven't already, you should log on to the Proboards EAR/ONS forum. There's piles of information on there, including a detailed timeline of the EAR composite sketches you asked about. It shows which attacks the composites are from and in chronological order/who gave the descriptions etc. Check it out, I think you'll enjoy delving into it.

I wonder what he was doing between 1981-1986 period. He seemed to have just stopped, and then came back to commit one last murder in 1986, and disappeared forever.

I wonder if looking through year books of the local high schools, for the years when the first crimes were committed, would help? The police always go to their Rogues gallery to help victims identify the culprits, but what if he was never arrested?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of VR's attacks happened on Saturdays and Sundays, which is a possible clue that he was in high school. So it's best to check yearbooks from 1974-75 or before. He probably was a local during VR days, and targeted neighbourhoods around him.

If you don't believe EAR was VR, then his first official attack was in Rancho Cordavo. He was nude waist down when he attacked the victim, which could mean that he either left the pants in his car or he lived nearby and was confident that he could sneak back home without anyone noticing. If it's the latter, then it would be interesting to find out what high schools were around that area. He could have gone there.

There is actually one teacher, I forget his name, that many believe was connected to the "Mad is the word" note, but I think he died? His wife did speak to someone, I dont remember much. This is all coming from what I read on the proboards.

The people who are very involved in this case on the boards seem to have checked a lot of this information. It is both frustrating and amazing how much work has been put into this case by sleuths and police without a positive outcome for families of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90