CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Joseph DeAngelo Sr. ended up in South Korea, where he retired and had another set of kids, who were given the same names as his first three children: Rebecca, Joseph Jr., and Constance, according to Jesse Ryland and Kenneth Ryland Sr.”

No wonder LE had a hard time putting together the family tree. Sounds like his father was a bit off to say the least. I had a feeling JJD didn’t have a normal childhood.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/the-suspected-golden-state-killer-witnessed-two-men-rape

wow...so watching men rape his sister turned him into a rapist?!!! wth

Thanks for posting dotr!

If confirmed, it will be a horrific, but grimly familiar story. Serial killers are not simply 'born that way', but in the overwhelming majority of cases come from dysfunctional families. Time and time again we learn that serial killers witnessed or were subjected to sexual abuse and/or sexual violence at an early age.

It would be great if stories like the one you have posted served to remind posters that all of JJD's family were victims too.

Some posters have (on here and on other sites) repeatedly accused his wife and/or his brother of being 'an accomplice' without a single shred of evidence.

Sadly I suspect, some of these same posters will soon be stating that JJD's 'female accomplice' (who didn't exist) was actually his sister, rather than his wife, and using this story as the basis for their wild accusations... :(

MOO.

Some people are born psychopaths (generic/DNA) but childhood abuse, and trauma can flip a switch and turn them into serial killers.
However, by witnessing his sister's rape he became a rapist/serial killer but she did not. I don't think this is a legitimate excuse to become a monster. I feel bad for his sister and the child he once was, but when he became the abuser my empathy stops.

Yeah, I'd think if that was going to turn him to hate, it would be against military men, not women. But who knows?

Why not become a vigilante serial killer like Dexter instead?

Almost all serial killers had messed up childhood, so this is not surprising.

Maybe he cried during his attacks because he felt guilty that he was doing the same horrible things that his father did.

seeing his sister being raped may have turned him on. WEIRD I KNOW, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Why not become a vigilante serial killer like Dexter instead?

It’s actually quite common for children raised in violent homes to align themselves with the perpetrator, not the victim. It’s all about survival. Some kids learn to blame the victim. And not just kids either. How many times have you heard an adult say, “Why doesn’t she leave?” or “Why does she put up with it?” But we rarely ask the real question, which is: “Why doesn’t he stop?”

Many male DV perpetrators have fathers who are violent to women. Many female victims of DV also have fathers who were violent and mothers who were victims. DV perpetrators also have a profound disrespect towards women in ways big and small, and they teach their children, male and female, that this disrespect is normal.

It’s actually quite common for children raised in violent homes to align themselves with the perpetrator, not the victim. It’s all about survival. Some kids learn to blame the victim. And not just kids either. How many times have you heard an adult say, “Why doesn’t she leave?” or “Why does she put up with it?” But we rarely ask the real question, which is: “Why doesn’t he stop?”

Many male DV perpetrators have fathers who are violent to women. Many female victims of DV also have fathers who were violent and mothers who were victims. DV perpetrators also have a profound disrespect towards women in ways big and small, and they teach their children, male and female, that this disrespect is normal.

:goodpost:

I've never seen someone put it so succinctly and accurately without omitting complex and abstract concepts like misogyny and the inter-generational transmission of violence. This occurs with DV and also with rape. Many people will give reasons why it was the victims fault but few ever ask why.

Add all this to the small and casual misogyny we are inundated with every day and it's no wonder why women are often targeted.
I can tell you how many times my mother has expressed casual misogyny about DV victims, rape victims etc., when she herself is a survivor of rape and witnessed DV from her father to her mother. It's cultural (global culture about how men are superior to women), it's base line stuff and that's what people don't want to acknowledge.

Yeah, I'd think if that was going to turn him to hate, it would be against military men, not women. But who knows?

Maybe he viewed it as a model for how real men behave. Maybe he aspired to be just like them. And with the additional model of his father, maybe he wanted to out-do them all.
if the buzzfeed story is true

MOO

True unfortunately I see it all the time.
I'd love to see the script switch for once.

:goodpost:

I've never seen someone put it so succinctly and accurately without omitting complex and abstract concepts like misogyny and the inter-generational transmission of violence. This occurs with DV and also with rape. Many people will give reasons why it was the victims fault but few ever ask why.

Add all this to the small and casual misogyny we are inundated with every day and it's no wonder why women are often targeted.
I can tell you how many times my mother has expressed casual misogyny about DV victims, rape victims etc., when she herself is a survivor of rape and witnessed DV from her father to her mother. It's cultural (global culture about how men are superior to women), it's base line stuff and that's what people don't want to acknowledge.

Agreed.
Why aren't we asking why does he hit? stalk? harass? rape?
I left an extremely abusive situation but I painted as the one who provoked him.
What I want to know but probably won't ever learn is did his sister tell her parents if so was she punished or believed? Wouldn't a seven-year-old need to visit ER?!
My heart breaks for her.
Wasn't JJD told this behavior was cruel and wrong? Did they receive any therapy/mental help?

lots of interesting stuff being said on the facebook group. has a brother who possibly helped in the visalia ransacking. inside info from the jail etc

https://www.facebook.com/groups/977...14538836632¬if_t=group_r2j_approved&ref=notif

I still think there's a STRONG possibility that someone did help one or two times. They may have thought it was just B&E, opportunity theft not rape and/or murder. Then bailed or died when they found out it was esculating. Someone who wouldn't rat, or couldn't rat him out.

Some time ago I saw a twitter post with a good picture of the boat the FBI had sitting in
his driveway after his arrest. And what was the name JJD painted or have painted on his
boat? 'SCARY' That's an understatement!

Some time ago I saw a twitter post with a good picture of the boat the FBI had sitting in
his driveway after his arrest. And what was the name JJD painted or have painted on his
boat? 'SCARY' That's an understatement!

Hiding in plain sight!

Some time ago I saw a twitter post with a good picture of the boat the FBI had sitting in his driveway after his arrest.
And what was the name JJD painted or have painted on his boat? 'SCARY' That's an understatement!
Well his little aluminum fishing boat doesn't exactly project the image of affluence so I'm not shocked that "The Upper Crust" isn't scrawled across the bow in fancy script.

If his boat was always sitting in his driveway, perhaps "SCARY" was intended was a warning for everyone to keep off the property.

In other news... I see DeAngelo has now officially been charged with ten murders (or did I hear 12?) -- all or some with special circumstances. He may have had a roast in the oven, but L.E. is cooking his goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1