CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I was trying to search the internet on human remains found in that general area it was astounding how many articles there were. Some related to the fires and others that predate the fires.

It seems an improbably high number of remains turning up and people going missing - much less in an area occupied by a population of 12,000 ( half being year round residents.) Native American burial sites were commonly uncovered a few decades ago but the protocol in those cases is to notify Chumash leadership before disturbing remains.

The disappearances and remains discovered are clustered in a small area within Malibu's 20+ miles of mountains too. Curse? Coincidence? or Conspiracy?

It seems an improbably high number of remains turning up and people going missing - much less in an area occupied by a population of 12,000 ( half being year round residents.) Native American burial sites were commonly uncovered a few decades ago but the protocol in those cases is to notify Chumash leadership before disturbing remains.

The disappearances and remains discovered are clustered in a small area within Malibu's 20+ miles of mountains too. Curse? Coincidence? or Conspiracy?
Or remains revealed by the fire?

Or remains revealed by the fire?
still seems like a lot of remains even if they stretch back 30 years.

google malibu remains or missing...&/or search namus... then add in those cases classified or described as Calabassas, Agoura Hills, Ventura, Point Mugu, Topanga-ish areas - and identify any that are in fact referring to exact same mountain / state park areas. Maybe they aren't all related but whats more stunning to me is that zero cases have been solved in 30 years (except the very recent few loosely attributed to gangs)

Last edited:
Some things about Elaine's case that I find striking and/or may be worth revisiting is making sure they have spoken to every single person who registered as a guest at the RV park near where her car was found. What has stood out to me in reading about the serial murder/sex predator types is that they aren't noticeably creepy. They often blend in with others in the location and have a legitimate seeming purpose or occupation and shockingly sometimes even kids/spouse/girlfriend etc. Thus, if Elaine was a victim of foul play it was likely at the hands of an un-suspicious seeming person who had a plan and was potentially familiar with the area.

Malibu has a lot of wilderness which may be good temporary camouflage - but unless you are a survivalist or have a heli you are stuck with the PCH, its treachorous mountain crossroads and unpredictable traffic back ups/road conditions. There are only 4-5 niche hotels along the PCH plus Calamigos ranch, the RV park and campsites in the mountains. The PCH hotels are pricey and have limited capacity. They aren't great options if you want flexibility or privacy. The RV park, however, is a low key option geared towards self-sufficient types willing to forego turndown servicefor a nice view and proximity to trails. They have rental RVs and a cabin but most spaces are bring your own camper. The highway and ocean provide a good noise buffer vs the quiet canyons near Calamigos and camp sites. The RV park books up months during high season- but since people make their reservations so far in advance cancellations are frequent and can be scooped up at last minute as well.

I would also say that the vantage point up there overlooking the beach is rather optimal. That's why I would hope the Sheriffs department took the time to track down everyone staying there - even kids as they notice things adults don't. And to explore the unfortunately grim scenario that someone visiting the RV park (registered or drive by as its easy to access) maybe used that perch to prospect for a victim. eg Elaine pulls up and takes a doobie down to beach for a smoke and perhaps they hustle down and ask for a light and build a rapport. Not necessarily a registered RV park guest but someone who is familiar with it. Perhaps a younger looking person who seemed plausibly close to her age.

In any case, I have to think that those in the RV park had the best shot at seeing something. There's a seafood joint and a gas station right there too. There would be credit card receipts or video footage of lic plates at pumps that could add another promising list of witness hopefuls. Its unfortunate that the local papers in Malibu that circulate at the cafes locals visit regularly didn't put out a more alarmist and aggressive campaign to support the family. I cannot account for how myself and other locals missed this story at the time. Malibu is a small town and is blessed by many busybodies who trouble the city council with all sorts of nonsense that makes local headlines. I don't know if these sort of rambling hypotheses are useful at this point but if nothing else maybe my wild speculation or familiarity with area will trigger more concrete ideas that investigators can act on.

To Elaine's family and friends - there are many in Malibu like our family, who have not forgotten Elaine's story. We wish we could do more to help investigators connect the dots that we hope will bring her home to you.

Is it possible Elaine would have gone for a swim or waded in a bit and gotten swept away? That part of beach is not as well patrolled by lifeguards as surfrider. There were a couple cases posted here recently in San Diego where that was case. It also might explain why her valuables were left in the car. I often leave my keys in the car in Malibu when I'm going in for a quick swim and there's no one around to watch my things on the beach. Most locals don't lock their cars (and even their houses) believe it or not. Sounds odd to people outside area to do that but its very common.

Last edited:
Elaine’s case is briefly mentioned in this article.

“When a man was killed in Malibu Creek State Park last summer while camping with his two young daughters, it sent the placid Southern California community into hysterics—spawning amateur sleuths, conspiracy theories, and public paranoia. Was it related to a rash of unsolved incidents in the area? But while the tragedy’s aftermath publicly played out like a new season of Serial, there was also a family left picking up the pieces after a seemingly random act of violence. This is a story about what happens when lightning strikes in the most chilling manner imaginable.”

The Unsolved Mystery of the Malibu Creek Murder

Last edited:
@Suglo I don't believe Elaine's case is related to the Malibu creek incidents (nor do I believe all of the Malibu creek incidents over the years are work of the person charged...that's a whole different story)...but I think there are similarities between Elaine's case and Matthew Weavers case. The article posted mentioned Elaine's case more as background on how the Lost Hills PD has not made the public as aware of incidents that have occurred in its jurisdiction or the writer felt has not perused cases as thoroughly...(I'm trying to use nice wording lol)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX
Back