CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too am confused by the footage because at the top it says around 1 am. So I don't think I have seen any footage of her leaving. Also on the FB page it says the entire video isn't uploaded because the file is to big.
If my kid was under suspicion of something nefarious, I'd show the video section that eliminates him as a suspect.

If this household is innocent, they would show the clip of her walking out, getting in the car, and the car driving away.
Therefore, something smells fishy here. :fishy:

I don't know about you guys, but I think that excuse is weak, and BS.

Has any explanation been given as to why the security footage 'stopped'? What seems odd to me is that the footage shows her heading towards her car, but not getting into her car and driving off the actual property. Unless it does, and the news report just didn't show all of it. Does anyone know?

If it does not show in full, then why not? if you are trying to reassure people that someone has left your property safe and well, why not provide that footage in full? As for the times on the cameras, who is to say that the timestamp on the first footage is accurate, if the timestamp on the second footage is not? Is it possible to doctor the timestamp after the event? If the camera is your own?

There is definitely something dubious about the 'car driving away but you can't see who's driving' video. I think it might be in an old episode of Columbo, maybe that's why it's making me suspicious...

If my kid was under suspicion of something nefarious, I'd show the video section that eliminates him as a suspect.

If this household is innocent, they would show the clip of her walking out, getting in the car, and the car driving away.
Therefore, something smells fishy here. :fishy:

I don't know about you guys, but I think that excuse is weak, and BS.

I was curious why it isn't public. Even to video the end of it with a cell phone and post it if it's to big.

I believe it can be done but it would cause it to reboot the data and the family is afraid the details, data, etc. will be lost.
All around it is a shame!

Parents need to put a plan in action to prevent this sort of thing. I know Elaine is an adult and is entitled to her privacy. I have a 20 year old and I would never spy on her phone, computer, etc. but what do we do as parents if this were to occur? Just makes me really think......

I believe it can be done but it would cause it to reboot the data and the family is afraid the details, data, etc. will be lost.
All around it is a shame!

Parents need to put a plan in action to prevent this sort of thing. I know Elaine is an adult and is entitled to her privacy. I have a 20 year old and I would never spy on her phone, computer, etc. but what do we do as parents if this were to occur? Just makes me really think......

I just now called my 24 and 28 yr olds, and asked them to write their phone codes and computer passwords on a paper, put it in a sealed envelope, and put my name on it, in their desk drawer....LOL...they think I am :nuts: but promised to do so anyway...

Like I said, I won't ever use it unless you are missing....Then you will wish you had followed my wishes....

I am with you Katydid23!! I was very serious with my 17 yr old son last night, when I told him to write his info down and hide it in his room. He showed me his phone and said "I don't use a passcode." LOL!!! Well good to know. He is also the kind of kid that does not keep his phone charged.....like little Eli Rodriguez. :(

But my daughter DOES use passcodes and she looked at me like I was nuts when I asked her to do the same. She is also prone to going everywhere alone! :gaah:

Elaine's mom really needs to consider all options regarding her phone.....money should not matter. But that is just me---my heart is with her and I just hope she gets the answers she is looking for SOON.

Has any explanation been given as to why the security footage 'stopped'? What seems odd to me is that the footage shows her heading towards her car, but not getting into her car and driving off the actual property. Unless it does, and the news report just didn't show all of it. Does anyone know?

If it does not show in full, then why not? if you are trying to reassure people that someone has left your property safe and well, why not provide that footage in full? As for the times on the cameras, who is to say that the timestamp on the first footage is accurate, if the timestamp on the second footage is not? Is it possible to doctor the timestamp after the event? If the camera is your own?

There is definitely something dubious about the 'car driving away but you can't see who's driving' video. I think it might be in an old episode of Columbo, maybe that's why it's making me suspicious...

I agree with everything you said. Yes, I want to see Elaine actually leaving the private residence in her vehicle, not just walking towards it. Yes, the timestamp on video from the property could easily have been an hour behind, or possibly altered. It's just so strange to me that the video just stops. Did the ex-boyfrien's mother give an explanation (not that she has to, but still very strange)?

I don't think the video stops. I think they have the entire video. I think they were confused because the house video said she left round 6 and the gate video in the front of the complex said around 7 but it has since been determined that the gate video is off an hour and never changed after daylight savings. That is my understanding at least. But I am wondering why they don't show the public her leaving the house around 6am. The video on the news was video of them getting home from uber at 1:00 am.

Why would this kid even harm Elaine? Did they have a history involving problems? I don't see a motive. I think she had a personal issue and abandoned her car.

I really just don't think he did it. She seems to be familiar with Malibu and maybe wanted to go there before home since she was so close to the beach. I do that sometimes for peace and relaxation. Maybe she went there and her car wouldn't start and she called someone or someone stopped to help her. Is there easy access to the beach where she was parked? Could she have gone there and got hit by a car?

I would also really like the phone to get opened. I think it will answer more questions. I'm in my 30's and single and so are my friends and we are always texting about dates going wrong while we are on them. I have a friend who whenever she is on a date sends me all the details so I think that can be helpful if she did that to know her mindset. Or even at 6:00am I would text a friend to say I was having a panic attack or leaving etc. I hope they get the phone code and get any information they can from it.

There are NO verified insiders in this case.

"Facts" must be accompanied by legit links. Otherwise they are mere rumor, and not allowed.

WS frowns on and strongly discourages members from inserting themselves in cases, i.e. contacting family, and repeated contact with LE.

THANKS.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

I called my son and he said that they way he understands some phones to work is that these people may risk wiping the phone if they continue to type in the wrong code. I'm not sure if that's the case for Elaine but I'd hate to see that happen.

I have an android phone, and if I get the passcode wrong 10 times, it warns me that it will wipe my SIM card.

I have an android phone, and if I get the passcode wrong 10 times, it warns me that it will wipe my SIM card.

Oh.. I didn't realize that was the case. With an iPhone it'll look you out for a small amount of time initially after three tries and if you do it again it;ll look you out for longer the next time. I've never tried to see what happened if its tried again though.

Erasing after 10 failed attempts is a setting you can turn on for iPhone too. It's in settings > Touch ID & Passcode, at the very bottom.

My theory tends tends to lead to that of possible car trouble.

H1: She attempted to walk to find help and possibly became lost or disoriented, something happened (nothing pointing to foul play) but possibly she was injured, or just became so lost, that eventually she succumbed to the elements

H2: She attempted to get help for her car trouble and someone offered to help. For whatever reason, something happened, and this led to foul play (and I do have some scenarios on who these people might be)

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

H1: She attempted to walk to find help and possibly became lost or disoriented, something happened (nothing pointing to foul play) but possibly she was injured, or just became so lost, that eventually she succumbed to the elements

H2: She attempted to get help for her car trouble and someone offered to help. For whatever reason, something happened, and this led to foul play (and I do have some scenarios on who these people might be)

I agree with likelihood of H2. She might have met with foul play. Some shady people hang out on the beach during the off hours. And if she went there around sunrise, it could have been wrong place/wrong time.

I don't believe she got lost---this is the Pacific Coast Highway. Right on the ocean. She couldn't really get lost and she would have been seen immediately by any number of people.

I do think she may have run off voluntarily. I am not sure how her mental or emotional state was at the time. Did she know someone in the area and went looking for them?

H1 - Doesn't make sense to me. Her mom in the podcast confirmed that her phone was on until the next day, until it started going to VM. We know her phone wasn't dead at that point in time so she would have called for help not walked. Even if her phone died, I don't think she would have left her phone and personal belongings in the car with unlocked with the keys in the ignition. Doesn't add up, the mom said she was a very smart girl.

H2 - Still seems very far fetched as this person would have had to stop immediately after she had car trouble before she notified someone that she had car trouble. Also, 6 AM is not the middle of the night. I'm guessing there would have been someone to witness to this if it had happened. Her car was not found in a desolated place. It has also been almost a month since her disappearance, I'm sure her car was tested and would have been released to MSM is there was any indication she ran into car trouble. They would want to get this information out to the public as soon as possible.

All JMO, but these theories don't have much to support them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee
Back