Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Dorothy Atkins

The prosecutor is giving basically what sounds like a mini closing argument. He says the Theranos startup failed b/c of the fraud, and not b/c a lot of tech startups fails, as Holmes’ counsel argues.

Prosecutor Schenk admits Holmes didn’t gain financially by cashing in stock, but he says that’s a “modest” mitigating factor given the fame and luxury lifestyle she achieved as CEO.

Schenk says the attention to Theranos “was brought by the defendant” and therefore there’s a need to generally deter the public from similar conduct in the future by issuing a tough sentence.

You can't see the Muskverse Twitter unless you're logged into an account. Grrrrrrr......

Yes! ...what Dean Johnson is saying.
This will warn entrepreneurs that " fake it till you make it" attitude is not going to work anymore.

A classmate of my daughter is in this category....also a medically related business in which he's making millions with a formula that increases "brain power". Absolute bunk imo.
He was always an arrogant money hungry jerk in HS too.

I guess that I don't understand why this is so long, drawn out, and difficult.

Holmes was found guilty.
Recommendations from probation: nine years
Defense wants 18 months.
Prosecution wants 15 years.

My opinion is just look at it, go for 10 years, call it done. Next.

No wonder our judicial system is so backed up. Maybe I just don't get why this merits a full day of drama.

Holmes is now speaking and crying.

From Atkins.

Elizabeth Holmes is speaking. She’s crying reading a speech. She thanks the court for the courtesy and respect. She says she stands before him taking responsibility for Theranos.

Elizabeth Holmes says the Theranos workers worked tireless “I am devastated by failings. Ever day for the past few years I’ve felt deep pain” that she failed her workers and investors and the patients she worked so hard to serve. “I gave everything I had to build our company.”

“I regret my failings with every cell of my body,” Elizabeth Holmes says. She quotes Rumi and says she tried to change the world with Theranos, but she now wants to apply the lessons she learned to her life going forward. She finished, crying through most of her speech

Holmes is now speaking and crying.

From Atkins.

Elizabeth Holmes is speaking. She’s crying reading a speech. She thanks the court for the courtesy and respect. She says she stands before him taking responsibility for Theranos.

Elizabeth Holmes says the Theranos workers worked tireless “I am devastated by failings. Ever day for the past few years I’ve felt deep pain” that she failed her workers and investors and the patients she worked so hard to serve. “I gave everything I had to build our company.”

“I regret my failings with every cell of my body,” Elizabeth Holmes says. She quotes Rumi and says she tried to change the world with Theranos, but she now wants to apply the lessons she learned to her life going forward. She finished, crying through most of her speech

Oh gawd.

Why is the court being punished.

I thought SHE was the one being sentenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe