CA - Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) Wire Fraud Thread *Guilty* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You might be right on topic with the pizza thing. At the beginning of one of today's videos, there's a guy delivering DoorDash to the prison.... I wonder if prisoners these days can order DoorDash?
That shouldn't be allowed. Weapons could be smuggled in, and I've seen the ability to order Chicago pizza from Chicago all over the country from a company called Goldbelly.

You might be right on topic with the pizza thing. At the beginning of one of today's videos, there's a guy delivering DoorDash to the prison.... I wonder if prisoners these days can order DoorDash?

Probably for employees. Inmates get the food provided or commissary. No orders for pizza or Goldbelly. AFAIK.

"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date."

Elizabeth Holmes reported for prison today in Bryan. She's beginning her sentence after being convicted on fraud and conspiracy charges. (Video from @KAGSnews, KHOU 11's sister station in College Station) https://khou.com/article/news/nation-world/elizabeth-holmes-report-to-texas-prison/507-4b2b0d5c-4f53-46c3-b18a-e5764fd75f63

What I found interesting was that near the beginning of the video three female inmates were taken into the facility in hand cuffs. No cuffs for EH. :mad:

What I found interesting was that near the beginning of the video three female inmates were taken into the facility in hand cuffs. No cuffs for EH. :mad:
I think the handcuffed ones were transfers or returning to the prison from court appearances etc. EH reported from 'home' (not an incarcerated situation) ergo no handcuffs.

It strikes me what a chameleon she is. She can look so different from one era of her life to the next. Deliberately...

It's just all artifice....the whole Holmes schtick. Now, she wants to look not-artificial, so she's given herself a kind of mid-west-plain-vanilla-waif-from-the-prairies-no-makeup look, and this is supposed to be believable.

Okay - you had me laughing at this! But oh so true! LOL! :D

I too thought she would head for the Mexican border.

Okay - you had me laughing at this! But oh so true! LOL! :D

I too thought she would head for the Mexican border.
Then, we would have had a Tex-Mex-knock-off. She’s from Texas, too. But it would have looked very parodic. Psychopaths imitate what they don’t have themselves that they think they’re supposed to have, e.g. feelings, so the effect of the whole package is ludicrous. The Behavior Panel talks about this all the time, but an early episode is especially show-and-tell.

Ya know, her hair is gonna go back to mousy in short order. Maybe bleach and lemon for the pseudo-California-beach vibe, ‘cos what’s a poor girl gonna do if she has unexceptional hair and her grandiosity knows no limits?

I speculate what happened at Stanford was that everyone with status (minus one guy with an overactive non-brain-part) kept telling her she wasn’t exceptional, other students treated her as average, and she couldn’t tolerate that. I doubt she’d ever been around that before, but on an elite campus she’d be very ordinary. Actually, she might even be on the low-end: students sometimes speak 3 languages on the fly, have colossal vocabularies (hers is rudimentary for that context, which is an extreme tell), are mathematical geniuses, gifted politicians, paradigm breakers….. I’ve been around this myself.

Last edited:
I'm adding to my previous comment with an example.

Imagine Ghislaine Maxwell in a cell with Elizabeth Holmes. Remove their pathology for the moment, and just compare their inherent intellectual abilities. GM would slice and dice EH. At least 3 foreign languages on the fly (French-German-Spanish-Italian-now Russian), huge and precise English vocabulary, on point, no awkwardness, bred with history, art history, multiple cultures, international savvy, Oxford degree, and very confident in it all. And she's a snob: she lets you know she has BRAINS. EH would quickly be decimated set against someone like that. GM used her brainy talents for hateful ends, but she does have talent. And there are a lot of extremely talented young people around elite institutions. IMO EH couldn't take it.

So, yep, I want EH to have to share a cell with GM.

Last edited:
I'm adding to my previous comment with an example.

Imagine Ghislaine Maxwell in a cell with Elizabeth Holmes. Remove their pathology for the moment, and just compare their inherent intellectual abilities. GM would slice and dice EH. At least 3 languages on the fly, huge and precise English vocabulary, on point, no awkwardness, bred with history, art history, multiple cultures, international savvy, Oxford degree, and very confident in it all. EH would quickly be decimated set against someone like that. GM used her brainy talents for hateful ends, but she does have talent. And there are a lot of extremely talented young people around elite institutions. IMO EH couldn't take it.

So, yep, I want EH to have to share a cell with GM.

Instead, EH will probably share a cell with women who probably didn't have the privilege and opportunities that EH had...and will look up to her with awe. Probably increase her narcissism.

That is the problem I see in treatment centers. Women there who have lived lives of excess, still think they are "special". They treat everyone like they are graced to be in presence of such "wonderfulness".

Instead, EH will probably share a cell with women who probably didn't have the privilege and opportunities that EH had...and will look up to her with awe. Probably increase her narcissism.

That is the problem I see in treatment centers. Women there who have lived lives of excess, still think they are "special". They treat everyone like they are graced to be in presence of such "wonderfulness".
Right. Narcs don’t get ego fuel from other Narcs. They get off on devaluing, messing with an empath or a naive person IMO.

Right. Narcs don’t get ego fuel from other Narcs. They get off on devaluing, messing with an empath or a naive person IMO.
Yes, this is why we need GM to move in with EH: she'd totally mess with her head. EH has nowhere to go if that happens. At Stanford, she could just leave if someone challenged her brains, and she could say she was too brilliant to stick around. Sooner or later in that prison, she's gonna come into contact with inmates who are much more clever than she is. Successful white-collared women, successful blue-collared women, and women who have prodigious street savvy. EH has been counting on her looks and men: she'll have neither. And she couldn't hack Stanford, so I think she has a lotta weak spots.

Then, we would have had a Tex-Mex-knock-off. She’s from Texas, too. But it would have looked very parodic. Psychopaths imitate what they don’t have themselves that they think they’re supposed to have, e.g. feelings, so the effect of the whole package is ludicrous. The Behavior Panel talks about this all the time, but an early episode is especially show-and-tell.

Ya know, her hair is gonna go back to mousy in short order. Maybe bleach and lemon for the pseudo-California-beach vibe, ‘cos what’s a poor girl gonna do if she has unexceptional hair and her grandiosity knows no limits?

I speculate what happened at Stanford was that everyone with status (minus one guy with an overactive non-brain-part) kept telling her she wasn’t exceptional, other students treated her as average, and she couldn’t tolerate that. I doubt she’d ever been around that before, but on an elite campus she’d be very ordinary. Actually, she might even be on the low-end: students sometimes speak 3 languages on the fly, have colossal vocabularies (hers is rudimentary for that context, which is an extreme tell), are mathematical geniuses, gifted politicians, paradigm breakers….. I’ve been around this myself.
Yes being involved in a Chinese language immersion program in China isn't exceptional for Stanford, it's expected.

Last edited:
Part of the conceit of Chozick’s story was being swept up by this version of Holmes, just as Theranos board members and investors had been by another persona. But multiple Times journalists I spoke to felt that such asides and caveats were not enough to salvage the article or justify its framing. As one put it: “Why tell readers that a New York Times editor thought a reporter was too credulous, and then use the story to prove it?” Or as another put it: “You have to ask, on our side, what the hell happened here?”

Holmes, I’m told, got help from Risa Heller, the crisis communications maven, in brokering the Times piece, according to multiple sources. (Heller did not respond to multiple requests for comment.)

The consternation over the Holmes profile and dispute over Carreyrou’s delayed announcement highlights the specific tension of business journalism, between getting access to CEOs and founders while also doing critical investigative work. “It’s disappointing, because it undercuts Erin, and obviously Carreyrou did a lot of really great reporting on all of this stuff,” said one Times reporter. “And then we serve up a thing like that, and The New York Times becomes known as a softball place for criminal millionaires to land their puff pieces. It sucks to see.”

Part of the conceit of Chozick’s story was being swept up by this version of Holmes, just as Theranos board members and investors had been by another persona. But multiple Times journalists I spoke to felt that such asides and caveats were not enough to salvage the article or justify its framing. As one put it: “Why tell readers that a New York Times editor thought a reporter was too credulous, and then use the story to prove it?” Or as another put it: “You have to ask, on our side, what the hell happened here?”

Holmes, I’m told, got help from Risa Heller, the crisis communications maven, in brokering the Times piece, according to multiple sources. (Heller did not respond to multiple requests for comment.)

The consternation over the Holmes profile and dispute over Carreyrou’s delayed announcement highlights the specific tension of business journalism, between getting access to CEOs and founders while also doing critical investigative work. “It’s disappointing, because it undercuts Erin, and obviously Carreyrou did a lot of really great reporting on all of this stuff,” said one Times reporter. “And then we serve up a thing like that, and The New York Times becomes known as a softball place for criminal millionaires to land their puff pieces. It sucks to see.”

Yeah, they blew it. Maybe they thought that she'd successfully delay going to prison. No one bought "Liz's" shtick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee
Back