DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I got it wrong on the cost of the guns (Excerpt from ER's manifesto):
"At the end of March, when I checked my last set of tickets th
at I had bought from my last trip to
Arizona, and saw that I didn’t win, any hope I had of becoming wealthy at a young age was finally and
indefinitely shattered. It fully dawned on me that the life I had envisioned for myself would never come
to pass. The
children I would have in the future with a beautiful blonde girlfriend ceased to exist, as if
they were murdered. There won’t be any beautiful blonde girlfriend for me now. No girl would be my
girlfriend unless I had great wealth... I learned that from my l
ife of being rejected. I was doomed to a life
of lonely virginity.
In April, the Powerball lottery was introduced in the state of California, so if I ever wanted to play it
again I would no longer have to drive to Arizona. However, I was so shaken by
not winning in the last
few months that I gave up on it for a while, but eventually I would have episodes of little surges of hope
in which I’d buy a few tickets, just to have something to hope for as I endure the last few months of my
torturous life. All
of those little surges of hope, of course, would be shattered as well.
During this Spring of 2013, I began to seriously think about planning the Day of Retribution.
My next
step towards planning for it was to buy my second handgun, a Sig Sauer P226
. It is of a much higher
quality than the Glock, and a lot more efficient. In turn, it was also a lot more expensive. My Glock 34
was around $700 dollars, whereas my new Sig Sauer P226 was $1100.
These prices were of no concern to me, however. When I
first moved to Santa Barbara and
experienced all of those horrible revelations about the nature of humanity, I knew that something like
the Day of Retribution could very well happen if the world continued to mistreat me. I began to carefully
save up all o
f the money that my parent’s and grandmothers were sending me. It was an ample amount
to live on, leaving me with a lot left over to build up in my bank account. When I hit the $5000 dollar
mark, which was fairly soon after my move to Santa Barbara, I deci
ded never to go under it, deeming
that $5000 was enough to buy all of the supplies and equipment I would need if
I had to do something
like this. The Day of Retribution had always been in the back of my mind as a final solution if all else
failed in my lif
e, ever since I had moved to Santa Barbara. As it so happened, all else did indeed fail.
Women continued to reject me and mistreat me, and I remained an unwanted virgin."

Listen, I just got done dealing with a very lazy Petaluma Police Department. We had our door kicked in by my 20 year old step-son we kicked out 3 years ago for violent behavior and drugs. He kicked our door in!!! We could not lock it. He threatened my husband and I. Our security guard talked him into leaving. I called 911 the minute he showed up and the police did not get here until at least 10 minutes later. We could have all been dead. He slashed his sister's car tire.

His Instagram has pics of all of his drugs, videos of him counting his drug money, illegal knives and brass knuckles, video of him stealing his sister's car, but lots and lots of drugs he sells.

The police argued with me for hours that that was not enough probable cause to get a warrant.

I spoke to my friend who used to work at the Sonoma County DAs office and she said bull. They were being lazy.

Then, the court Commissioner denied our TRO! Also very unbelievable according to my friend.

Anyway - the police COULD have watched his video, had probable cause to get a warrant and then they would have discovered the plan and guns.

What is wrong with the police these days???? So worried about the civil rights of others and seems to me THEY DON'T KNOW THE LAW.

Seriously, I have a JD and these cops were rolling their eyes at me. Grrrrr.

Good grief! Thankful you and your family are safe. How absolutely horrifying!

They could have asked him. They were perfectly withing their legal rights to ask him if they could look around in his room.
They could have viewed his videos.

As a previous poster also stated, the police officers did not have a search warrant. LE cannot enter a residence without a search warrant, unless a crime is in progress. That is how the law works. There was no probable cause for LE to enter the apartment, let alone search his room. ER had no criminal record or mental health commitments. He purchased the weapons legally. Do we know exactly what LE was told in reference to the welfare check? Were the officers even aware of the YouTube videos? IIRC, the manifesto wasn't emailed until minutes before the senseless rampage. As stated previously, LE is not to blame here.......only ER is responsible for the carnage, IMO.

What is fascinating about his writing , in the context of the only reason we are reading it is becasue he killed and maimed many. BUT his writing is actually quite good. It flows, one may not like content but he is a descriptive, flowing writer - able to set a scene, give the reader a picture of what when etc.

He was able to set "scenes" with words , which is actually quite a skill!!
For his age and his problems pretty good story teller ...again dont like the story , but he got the story , through words , the story out in an extradinory manner.

Becasue we dont like content he wrote very well -

:seeya:

I feel the same as you do,I believe he had the potential to be a fantastic author/screenwriter having a father as a director he had connections ,he had talent too bad he did not see it. I am so relieved to see your post because I was worried about my reaction ! The part he wrote about writing a book to make millions but then said it would take to long,then started obsessing about winning the lottery at that point even though I knew the horrible ending of his "book" I was wishing after his tickets did not win that he would go back to writing his best seller because IMO he had the ability to be another James Patterson if he focused on normal thoughts .There are IMO'many malignant narcissists /psychopaths in this world who are very successful and ruthless but they do not murder anyone. I find it ironic that had he been able to control his murderous rage and instead written this complete tragedy in a "third person" manuscript instead of a manifesto he might have become know for being a fantastic author/screenwriter instead of being know for being an extremely sick and twisted murdering monster .:twocents:
ETA I am a Book Addict lol.

I am not clear on what exact words the report used; therefore, I typed 'a bit unbalanced'.

LE would have to get a warrant legally in court...or, a better-trained officer might have asked ER's permission to enter his quarters to sit and talk (and paid close attention to his reaction).

But then, suppose he had a gun on his person that LE noticed during its 'interview' with him. I suspect LE might have acted faster, and gun rights would not have come into such instant play (perhaps on a replay in a court of law; but as we know, it didn't come to that).

I realize the laws need changing, BIGTIME, but I'm also looking at this instance and what was missed that eventually enabled this tragedy. IOW, I do not know that LE was so restricted in what it could have done. Looks like a quick resolve, based on ER's word, nothing more...and that just doesn't work for me.

jmo

BBM. I'm not sure where you get the idea that a warrant was even possible to search his home. Or why you believe LE has the resources to just sit and chat in someone's home. It is impossible to place any blame in this case, especially on LE. Placing blame solves nothing and is counter productive. Neither laws nor our Constitution are going to be changed because of this case.

JMO

Listen, I just got done dealing with a very lazy Petaluma Police Department. We had our door kicked in by my 20 year old step-son we kicked out 3 years ago for violent behavior and drugs. He kicked our door in!!! We could not lock it. He threatened my husband and I. Our security guard talked him into leaving. I called 911 the minute he showed up and the police did not get here until at least 10 minutes later. We could have all been dead. He slashed his sister's car tire.

His Instagram has pics of all of his drugs, videos of him counting his drug money, illegal knives and brass knuckles, video of him stealing his sister's car, but lots and lots of drugs he sells.

The police argued with me for hours that that was not enough probable cause to get a warrant.

I spoke to my friend who used to work at the Sonoma County DAs office and she said bull. They were being lazy.

Then, the court Commissioner denied our TRO! Also very unbelievable according to my friend.

Anyway - the police COULD have watched his video, had probable cause to get a warrant and then they would have discovered the plan and guns.

What is wrong with the police these days???? So worried about the civil rights of others and seems to me THEY DON'T KNOW THE LAW.

Seriously, I have a JD and these cops were rolling their eyes at me. Grrrrr.

BBM. I'm curious what prevented you from locking your door.

YES! And at the very least, they could have conducted their 'interview' in his apt rather than on the doorstep. :-/

And they could have viewed his videos and/or had access to see those which had been removed, as well his posts on other social media.

What law prevented them from checking recent gun registrations as part of their response?

jmo

Police did their job. There was is no law that prevents them from checking gun registrations but there is a rather large Constitution preventing illegal search and seizure.

I'm really curious, do you believe LE don't have enough real work to keep them busy so they just think up things to do that aren't in accordance with procedure or the law?

BBM. I'm curious what prevented you from locking your door.

Did you read the part where he kicked her door in? There is no lock in the world that would work in that situation.

IIRC had the cops asked ER if they could look around the place and he said, sure look around, and they found something they don't need a search warrant.

IIRC had the cops asked ER if they could look around the place and he said, sure look around, and they found something they don't need a search warrant.

But they didn't ask to come in. :)
This was just a welfare check. No criminal activity had been reported. The LEO are not to blame here.

YES! And at the very least, they could have conducted their 'interview' in his apt rather than on the doorstep. :-/

And they could have viewed his videos and/or had access to see those which had been removed, as well his posts on other social media.

What law prevented them from checking recent gun registrations as part of their response?

jmo

I have been wondering the same thing about checking for gun registrations. My local police dept has that knowledge before they come to your home ,they also know if you have DOGS that are registered and how many you have for the officers safety ! That should be standard operating procedure .Also when ER attempted to throw students off but instead he got tossed off he blames the others that was supposedly investigated too.Where I live someone would have been arrested if a group of people said he tried to hurt them.IMO HUNGER GAMES is known his dad not so much. More like pretentious posers as my daughter says lol.

This was not their first rodeo with him. I don't know about you or the public in general but I for one have never had the police called on me for anything. They could have been more inquisitive and asked more questions, as we know the video's could have been looked at, but were not.

The 22-year-old said he was having trouble fitting in socially – and the videos were a way of expressing himself, he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/santa-barb...er-smiled-shooting-survivor/story?id=23923970

“Sheriff’s deputies concluded that Rodger was not an immediate threat to himself or others, and that they did not have cause to place him on an involuntary mental health hold, or to enter or search his residents,” the news release states. “Therefore, they did not view the videos or conduct a weapons check on Rodger.”

bbm they could have come to a different conclusions, it was a choice. jmo

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to why 6 officers, from two different LE agencies were found to have followed the law as written. Here is an excellent explanation. One does not have to “ watch “, I just open another window and let it play like a TV background .

One may not agree,however, there is an understanding that they following the law, did what was required IMO .

http://www.jsonline.com/news/134341463.html

If one’s believes the speed limit on our expressways are too high, one can’t find blame with LE who are only ticketing folks who are going past the posted speed limit then none can work on getting the limit changed fi they do so.

They could have asked him. They were perfectly withing their legal rights to ask him if they could look around in his room.
They could have viewed his videos.

Do we know that they didn't ask? Did I miss something? ER said they didn't demand to come in. But that doesn't mean they didn't ask and he just said "no".

It occurred to me . This is a scary event. Must be someone or something’s fault. So if one has two choices:

A) Blame the cops

B) Look at this in light of the horrors of the past year, with all the media coverage of each event, it is clear that the common thread that links each one appears to be related to mental illness and conclude that in all likelihood something related to mental illness is not being addressed in our country.
C)?

So if one can conclude that it was LE (it was not imo) then nothing really needs to be done and if LE just did it right (they did according to law) problem solved. Whew! What is baffling here is that this is far from the first time the exact same thing, years, apart in different police departments across the nation we see the same thing

Certainly we can’t have these differing departments nationwide all doing the same thing but it does not seem to be doing much.
It behooves us to then modify our notions regarding causality and intervention. Again, same thing – car won’t start, focusing on alternator when it is the battery the car is just not going to start. Same here.

It certainly appears to be an American issue:

Advocates for the mentally ill and other experts have long argued that without more services to keep people out of hospitals and give those who are hospitalized a place to go, lawmakers will keep lurching from one crisis to the next….. “For all the attention paid to wordsmithing, it didn’t change who we committed,” Reinhard said. “But it made us feel good that we were paying attention to the crisis, when really we should have been paying attention to outpatient services.”

I have yet to hear anyone tell us what they would when no beds are available – it is a very common occurrence…

…. dearth of beds and other treatment options.

. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...56dc72-a63c-11e3-9cff-b1406de784f0_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668