CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. I mean if it is hers, the pacifier is practically guaranteed to have Ember's DNA and his on it. Probably her mom's, too. The only thing I can see the pacifier doing is helping them see if anyone ELSE'S DNA is on it, which I would think would be a good thing for Matthew. Unless as you said there's something on it that could lead to a cause of death. I can't imagine what they could possibly find along those lines, but maybe something.

IMO marijuana wax residue is the answer.

Would a mother give her son cash, a gun, and a cell phone and tell him to run? It wouldn't make sense for her to do that and then immediately report it but maybe she knew. Maybe she was there.

If -something- went on at the hospital shortly thereafter, might he have pushed/hit his mother when he took the stuff from her?

I personally think if LE didn't want the info to get to him they wouldn't have shared it with anyone especially his Mom. They have been sharing a lot of info in this case. The article posted above states the info was shared with JG and his Mom so I assume ....and this is pure speculation that he got word from one of them.

This article stated the pacifier is being tested for DNA so hopefully they will have confirmation . Maybe it's not hers and they wanted to just see the reaction.

http://usanews.co/matthew-graham-ma...by-ember-wanted-by-authorities-immortal-news/

Might even be a bluff?

If -something- went on at the hospital shortly thereafter, might he have pushed/hit his mother when he took the stuff from her?

BBM:
"Meanwhile, a disturbance took place at Mercy Medical Center in Redding between members of the family at 5:20 p.m. Saturday, Bosenko said. He didn’t have any additional details. The gathering, which initial reports said Graham had been involved in, sent the hospital into lockdown, he said. But Matthew Graham was not there."

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/graham-on-the-lam-sheriff-says_71911643

I just woke up and have missed the overnight goings-on, but apparently he's still on the run?

Has there been any thought as to why he (apparently) reacted to the finding of the pacifier? Personally, I believe that he did something to the baby, but in the (very) remote chance that he -didn't- and the baby -was- taken, what if he knows and has suspected someone who lives in that area, and instead of being on the run he is actually looking for them?

This is all hypothetical MOO but perhaps some experts can chime in. 1.) Is he worried about something that may be discovered on the pacifier? I don't know about the analysis that could be performed on the pacifier but would it show traces of his semen if she was sexually abused prior to the disappearance? Even if the analysis did show his semen, would this be enough evidence to charge him if no remains were located? 2.) If the analysis showed a toxic substance plus her DNA was found on the pacifier would this be enough evidence to charge him given no remains are located? 3.) If she were trafficked....is this the location of the transfer occurred from one vehicle to another? Did the pacifier simply drop to the ground during the transaction? I would not think this would provide any evidence against him unless there was an eyewitness to the event.

This is all hypothetical MOO but perhaps some experts can chime in. 1.) Is he worried about something that may be discovered on the pacifier? I don't know about the analysis that could be performed on the pacifier but would it show traces of his semen if she was sexually abused prior to the disappearance? Even if the analysis did show his semen, would this be enough evidence to charge him if no remains were located? 2.) If the analysis showed a toxic substance plus her DNA was found on the pacifier would this be enough evidence to charge him given no remains are located? 3.) If she were trafficked....is this the location of the transfer occurred from one vehicle to another? Did the pacifier simply drop to the ground during the transaction? I would not think this would provide any evidence against him unless there was an eyewitness to the event.

um.

yikes.

IMO this is not a path that needs to be traveled down based on statistical analysis and known information. (IOW sex trafficked infants are almost a non-statistic, just as much as infants abducted from their own home by a stranger who leaves no signs of breaking and entering ** IMO **, and also ** IMO ** he has no history that suggests this is in his realm of ... existence. JMO like I said. )

JMO of course

My guess is they showed the pacifier to the mom as a way to "rule it in" or "rule it out" for DNA testing. Pacifiers are all over the place - they wouldn't want to go through the expense if the mom said no, that's not one of her pacifiers. I think we all know what our baby's pacifiers looked like, and if we see a strange pacifier we'll recognize right away that it doesn't belong to our baby.

If the pacifier is Ember's, it will certainly have her dna and most likely MG's touch dna on it. He would have handled it for sure - but that won't prove that he harmed her at all.
I really think it's reaching to start speculating about sexual abuse among all the other scenarios that have been tossed around. There hasn't been any indication that it's a factor at all IMO.
'

BBM:
"Meanwhile, a disturbance took place at Mercy Medical Center in Redding between members of the family at 5:20 p.m. Saturday, Bosenko said. He didn’t have any additional details. The gathering, which initial reports said Graham had been involved in, sent the hospital into lockdown, he said. But Matthew Graham was not there."

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/graham-on-the-lam-sheriff-says_71911643

Not saying he was there, but if his mother had been injured or shaken up in an altercation with him, she might have been taken/went to the hospital - where there might have been trouble with other family members if they thought she told him something/gave him the weapon.

The evidentiary value of the pacifier, if it proves to be Ember's, seems to be that it marks a place where he clearly stopped and got out of the truck. I don't know that they're looking for any more evidence than to point it as a marker where he stopped and got out.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean if it is hers, the pacifier is practically guaranteed to have Ember's DNA and his on it. Probably her mom's, too. The only thing I can see the pacifier doing is helping them see if anyone ELSE'S DNA is on it, which I would think would be a good thing for Matthew. Unless as you said there's something on it that could lead to a cause of death. I can't imagine what they could possibly find along those lines, but maybe something.

Just a random thought...

maybe the pacifier was dipped in a toxic (poisonous and/or dangerous) substance?

ETA... Oops! after reading the thread further... Guess it's not such a "random" thought after all... :blushing:

:dunno:

Just a random thought...

maybe the pacifier was dipped in a toxic (poisonous and/or dangerous) substance?

:dunno:

Not directly related to this posts but in general a question : If MG has this all planned - wouldn't he be sure not to leave traceable items - ex. pacifier, blanket etc? I still think he harmed her but still am leaning towards a rage movement - dropping her or shaking. Poor thing - I almost want to try to not keep following because it has impacted my weekend but cannot until there is closure.

Just getting caught up. In the time I was offline last night things really heated up. I cannot beleive MG is on the run. Makes me think that his panicked reaction to a pacifier being found is a good indicator of how he might have reacted in panic to something having happened to Ember on his watch.

His behavior seems impulsive and not at all well thought out. It does not look good. I feel badly for family as they have so steadfastly supported his innocence. Their heads must be spinning right now. :(

The evidentiary value of the pacifier, if it proves to be Ember's, seems to be that it marks a place where he clearly stopped and got out of the truck. I don't know that they're looking for any more evidence than to point it as a marker where he stopped and got out.

Maybe he did, or maybe someone else stopped there with Ember? Or perhaps as someone suggested pages back - it was tossed by Ember herself. The windows in the un-airconditioned car were no doubt down, and as parents know babies can fling things like pacifiers around pretty easily. Grabbing at straws I know, but I think that if it's Ember's pacifier it will show that she was probably in that area somehow at some point - it won't prove who had her there.

I hope the pacifier wasn't dipped in something in an attempt to calm her. There are plenty of stories in the media about parents fighting to use medicinal marijuana/cannibis oil to treat their very sick children (including those with epilepsy) - I'd hate to think he could have tried this himself.

I agree regarding what THEY (LE) consider it's value to be.

My thought was that he responded to that find as if he NOW had something to be scared of, which he didn't have until it was found.

It doesn't prove he stopped there. It proved someone had Ember there. Like, the supposed kidnapper. The ONLY way it completely damns Matthew and would prompt him to violate probation, skip the meeting, steal a semi-automatic gun and cash, and run from cops is if there is something there that ties him to her cause of death, IMO.

IOW, my speculation was regarding why HE felt it was so damning, and the final straw IN HIS MIND, not LE's. JMO

We don't know where or when he smoked it.

ETA: He might have stepped outside for all we know. I am not going to assume anything. Please provide a link if you have one.
It wouldn't matter though, right, since smoking it isn't the point of danger, making it is? That's how I understood your earlier explanations. Since there is no evidence announced of him making it, and no fire or explosion being announced, I doubt he was making it.

I think exposing others to smoke is grotesque and dangerous, no matter what the substance is. It's not natural to put smoke in your lungs. Baby Ember certainly didn't need yet another complication introduced to her already fragile state.

His missing hour is probably related to covering for whomever he bought it from. Protecting his drug dealer instead of his daughter.

I think the pacifier IS Ember's. I think the fact the police found the pacifier in a specific location has set MG off. He KNOWS it is her's. Mom may recognise the pacifier if it has one of those ties that Velcro on the pacifier and then clips on the baby's clothes. My children all had those, and could get them off their clothes if they wanted to by 6 months. Maybe it's the pacifier and the tie that makes it certainly Ember's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachesisjenny