CA - Erica Guerra, 5, killed in hit & run, Wasco, 3 May 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonderful news.....I'm glad the driver finally turned himself in but why wait that many days? I think the other adults in the car should be charged with something? How dare they not come forward and tell what they knew! :mad:
They knew the driver hit a child and they knew the child died. Shame on them for not going to LE.

I was thinking the same thing. As a juvenille I wonder how much time he'll get. I hope his license is revoked with no chance of getting it back.
I heard earlier today that he DIDN'T have a license. :banghead::banghead:

Wonderful news.....I'm glad the driver finally turned himself in but why wait that many days?

Panic I guess. A kid driving without a license runs a stop signs then hit and kills a child, initially reacts like a kid and hopes if he keeps quiet about it no one will find out. Later media furore causes him to think he might get lynched if he comes forward. Doesn't excuse him but sort of explains his conduct.

I think the other adults in the car should be charged with something?
Yes they should but DA needs witnesses for the prosecution and charging the most qualified ones runs the risk of jeopardizing their collaboration. It's common practice when a major crime is committed to forgive parties involved in less serious offenses related to the major crime in exchange for their testimony in court.

How dare they not come forward and tell what they knew! :mad:
Adults who let kids drive a car are probably not the most responsible of people. Either that or those "adults" are immature 18-year-olds who feared they'd be charged with something if they came forward.

I am glad answers are known. Sad for all involved. Tragic. I hope justice is served, for everyone.

Justice for little Erica.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandalent
Back