Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things wrong with this:
First, one can presume that the brain of a murderer, and in particular one who leaves evidence strewn about like pinata candy, is not necessarily swift enough to come up with the idea of spiking a drink with birth control pills (which may not work, btw...)

Second, you have no idea if he actually did ask her to get an abortion, at which point she may have just said no.

Third, I find the statement about "manipulating her into giving up her sexual parts" offensive. You know nothing about their relationship, and the implication is that she has no brain or ability to ward off sexual advances. In addition, someone having intercourse with someone else isn't "giving up" their parts.

Yes, it is possible that he was a master manipulator. It is also possible that they both entered this relationship very willingly, for whatever reasons, and he is simply a murderer.

I completely agree with everything BBM:

Yes, just spiking a drink with birth control pills probably wouldn't work,... unless the drink itself was a concoction of many other abortion inducing components, like the others I mentioned. I doubt Chris is known for his restraint when it comes to drugs.

She absolutely could have said no to a voluntary abortion, giving the drink a chance to work, and letting him lead into the third option of Jon signing the birth certificate. And even if all those failed(unlikely), he could then attribute his bellyaching to a momentary weakness, and then put this current plot in motion.

Having intercourse is not giving up your parts and being manipulated, unless you develop great love for someone who has only been in it for mere sexual gratification from the beginning and never intended to pursue a loving relationship in the least, and whose heart is so dark he doesn't flinch at just the thought of murdering you, nevermind actually carry it out. Actually, sex for mere sexual gratification (absent loving relationship) is always giving up your parts, no matter who knows what.

Yes two people can enter a relationship willingly, but if each person has VERY different ideas about what that relationship is, then the person who knows it first and still continues it, is a damned manipulator; like this evil "thing" we have here in this case.

California law is very clear about the murder of an unborn child, San Bernardino County District Attorney Michael Ramos told The Desert Sun on Wednesday.

In addition to a murder charge for the death of the mother, a murder charge can be filed for an unborn child of just four to six weeks development.

Whether Erin Corwin, whose body was found 140 feet down a mine shaft Saturday in the Rose of Peru Mining District east of Joshua Tree National Park, was pregnant and how pregnant is an ongoing "part of the investigation," Ramos said. The additional charge "is a possibility."

With the help of the FBI and Alaska State Patrol, the sheriff's department "did an excellent job to keep an eye on him to make sure we knew where he was," Ramos said.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/08/20/erin-corwin-christopher-lee/14365341/

Hi. Been lurking for a while. Decided to come out of lurking and join so I could join in the discussion.

This article is interesting. It reads, "Detectives believe that Lee and Corwin were having an affair, and that Lee may have been afraid that his wife, Nichole, would discover his infidelity."

No mention of a possible pregnancy.

:wagon: :greetings:

Hi. Been lurking for a while. Decided to come out of lurking and join so I could join in the discussion.

This article is interesting. It reads, "Detectives believe that Lee and Corwin were having an affair, and that Lee may have been afraid that his wife, Nichole, would discover his infidelity."

Welcome to WS

It is interesting it is not mentioned, thinking it might just be the reporters way of reporting.

:welcome6: :goodpost:

Perhaps they are keeping the possible pregnancy out until they have confirmation that Erin was pregnant?

:welcome6: :goodpost:

Perhaps they are keeping the possible pregnancy out until they have confirmation that Erin was pregnant?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am definitely interested to see where this is going. Perhaps they are just leaving it out until confirmed.

Speaking of her alleged pregnancy: do we know how exactly she found out she was pregnant? I know a lot of people were mentioning "EPT", but do we know that for a fact? I feel like it mentioned somewhere (way back) that she went to the doctor for headaches? Correct me if I am not recalling that correctly. But if she did go see a doctor for headaches, is it possible she found out through a serum pregnancy test, which would verify a pregnancy much sooner?

I completely agree with everything BBM:

Yes, just spiking a drink with birth control pills probably wouldn't work,... unless the drink itself was a concoction of many other abortion inducing components, like the others I mentioned. I doubt Chris is known for his restraint when it comes to drugs.

She absolutely could have said no to a voluntary abortion, giving the drink a chance to work, and letting him lead into the third option of Jon signing the birth certificate. And even if all those failed(unlikely), he could then attribute his bellyaching to a momentary weakness, and then put this current plot in motion.

Having intercourse is not giving up your parts and being manipulated, unless you develop great love for someone who has only been in it for mere sexual gratification from the beginning and never intended to pursue a loving relationship in the least, and whose heart is so dark he doesn't flinch at just the thought of murdering you, nevermind actually carry it out. Actually, sex for mere sexual gratification (absent loving relationship) is always giving up your parts, no matter who knows what.

Yes two people can enter a relationship willingly, but if each person has VERY different ideas about what that relationship is, then the person who knows it first and still continues it, is a damned manipulator; like this evil "thing" we have here in this case.

Highly unlikely that mixing up a 16oz drink of papaya, pomegranate, vitamin C, crushed up old birth control pills (where does one even find old birth control pills, anyway?), etc. would result in an abortion. Perhaps if given a high dose over an extended time it *might* be possible....or it might result in a child with birth defects.

Convincing her to raise her child with JC is only a permanent solution if the relationship lasts, which I'm certain CL had his doubts about. He would always be waiting for that envelope in the mail indicating he was required to submit his DNA for a paternity test.

Neither of the above are an absolute and definitive solution to his "problem", which I believe is what CL was looking for and, unfortunately found, in that mine. Thankfully, he will pay for it for it with his freedom for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

The Big 106 radio station from Palm Desert, said this morning on air that it was looking like CL would NOT be fighting extradition.

FWIW...

I have not read any cases on WS (though, of course, there probably have been some I have not followed) where the accused fights extradition...

I am not familiar with the reasons why someone WOULD fight extradition.....

It just sounds to me like it just delays the inevitable...

but there must be reasons... Or it wouldn't be a consideration...

all... JMO...

I wanted to write that Lee is possibly the dumbest criminal I've read about but then I realized he is not!

It was really dumb of Casey Anthony to keep her daughter's remains in the car for days. (And to dispose of the body so close to home). She got lucky with the jury...

It was really dumb of Jodi Arias to leave a bloody print in Travis' home.

It was really dumb of Scott Peterson to continue his affair with Amber after Laci went 'missing'. Like the police weren't going to follow his every move.

Compared to just these few examples what Lee did isn't so rare. He was arrogant. He was dumb. Most of them are.

And, as far as having other choices, they all did. There were healthier, even easier, options than committing murder but I guess for a certain kind of people, murder is the panacea for all their problems.

If you read her pinterest account, I think you'll change your mind. There is a lot on there about hurt and forgiving, etc--all starting around March. I do not think she was okay with the affair.

thanks for the insights, RSC...:seeya:

it was just a thought that popped into my confused brain... :D

This reads like NL may have had nothing to do with it. No way, IMO.

Third, I find the statement about "manipulating her into giving up her sexual parts" offensive. You know nothing about their relationship, and the implication is that she has no brain or ability to ward off sexual advances. In addition, someone having intercourse with someone else isn't "giving up" their parts.

Yes, it is possible that he was a master manipulator. It is also possible that they both entered this relationship very willingly, for whatever reasons, and he is simply a murderer.

Respectfully snipped.

Yes. Thank you. Almost as bad as the victim blaming going on elsewhere is the infantilization of Erin. She was an adult. She married. She moved alone across the country. In an effort to not blame, I think some of us (myself included at times) have gone out of our way to make this SO not her fault that we are insulting her adulthood and her right to self-determination. Yes, she had a bad run the last 6 months or so, but she wasn't some helpless waif incapable of saying no to the big strong marine.

Also, I'm beginning to think we need a sex education thread downstairs. Lots of questions regarding pregnancy and the like and it is probably relevant in more than just this case. :)

Why wouldn't it be a certainty, if they find she is pregnant? Or is that not what they are saying? I would think it would not be debatable; if she was, then yes, if not, then no. Not sure they can charge if no physical proof of pregnancy. Jmo

I think DA Ramos was very clear in his statement Clu.

The Coroner has not yet been able to give the DA's Office a definitive answer regarding Erin's pregnancy. I have no idea why, or what that process entails. Pretty sure it has something to do with the state of her remains.

That is the frame of reference for the charge being a "possibility" at this particular point in time.

This reads like NL may have had nothing to do with it. No way, IMO.

Good point, DocBrew. I hadn't even considered that aspect. I am also of the opinion she knew something, or even participated in some way. MOO.

Respectfully snipped.

Yes. Thank you. Almost as bad as the victim blaming going on elsewhere is the infantilization of Erin. She was an adult. She married. She moved alone across the country. In an effort to not blame, I think some of us (myself included at times) have gone out of our way to make this SO not her fault that we are insulting her adulthood and her right to self-determination. Yes, she had a bad run the last 6 months or so, but she wasn't some helpless waif incapable of saying no to the big strong marine.

Also, I'm beginning to think we need a sex education thread downstairs. Lots of questions regarding pregnancy and the like and it is probably relevant in more than just this case. :)

Please excuse my ignorance, but will someone help me with what and where is "downstairs". Thanks

It's scheduled to arrive 40 weeks from the last time Auntie Flo came to visit, or 38 weeks from when mummy and daddy loved each other very much.

:thinking:
You guys are cracking me up.

I think there were preliminary results of the autopsy, as in the death being homicide, but I don't think the autopsy has been completed yet and all the results are back yet. And I'm not sure if they are, we would even hear about it. KWIM?

Please excuse my ignorance, but will someone help me with what and where is "downstairs". Thanks

It's an area called The Parking Lot and it's for registered members only.

Christopher Lee, the former Marine accused of killing 19-year-old Erin Corwin and dumping her body in a high desert mine shaft, will return to California to face charges in her death.

Lee appeared Thursday morning in an Alaska courtroom and, according to the San Bernardino County District Attorney's office, waived his right to extradition proceedings. That means Lee can be immediately returned to California where he faces a first-degree murder charge in Corwin's death.
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...topher-lee-alaska-court-extradition/14389327/

Anyone surprised by this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member