GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If accurate, this article explains how she would know the father of her unborn child. If Jon was away for at least a month at a time, there was only one man she was having sex with and it wasn't Jon.

It would also mean JC would know the baby wasn't his. And isn't there also the possibility that CL was concerned that JC would report him to the Marines for adultery, but getting rid of EC was easier?

No, I'm saying maybe her statements to LE were not accurate to begin with.

And taking them to the murder weapon is above and beyond cooperation, right? Why would she have a reason to do that? Why not just say "I don't know, ask CL?" IF she really didn't think there would ever be a case, why bother? I think there is a reason she took them there. Either:

1. She was really pissed at CL, and, at least for a moment, didn't care to protect him (the IM statement was made a few days later, wasn't it?)
2. She really didn't believe he did it, and really is innocent in all of this, and cooperated because she had no reason not to, or
3. She did it, and was already trying to point the finger at CL so he could take the rap for her, perhaps as penance... (note I hate this one...I never want to think that a mother of a child could kill someone...) :(

*BBM*

"No body, no crime".
Why not cooperate with LE if you think you have your bases covered? NL didn't think they would ever connect the .22.

Horse lady backtracked on her statements by saying they were taken out of context, misconstrued, etc. Maybe she backtracked because CL and NL were still at the ranch at that time? She has a POI in a missing persons case living at her place and she just gave incriminating statements against them that may point to a possible murder.......... CL couldn't keep his lies straight (LE interview), EC might possibly never have been found (no body, Peterson case), don't know what LE missed in the garage, but 2 out of 3 statements from Horse lady were pretty much on the money. Saying LE took them out of context was CYA. Maybe the light bulb came on and IM figured out she may have a murderer living on her property?

Are we to believe LE scrambled her statements to bolster this case? I'm sure they taped the interview.

So, can someone help me out? We have spent weeks weaving the noose for CL. Now that LE has arrested CL for Erin's murder, and laid out part of their case, how did we get to the theory that NL really killed her and CL is taking the fall as punishment for "being a bad boy?"

How many of us would get in the car with our lover's wife, just the two of you, to go anywhere? I certainly wouldn't. Must less to go out in the middle of nowhere. And, if that's what happened, why did EC text her friend about CL taking her away for the day?

I think it's easy to come up with theories but we have to keep ourselves grounded with the evidence.

Do we have any "body language" experts on here? Because I see it differently. I see a man who is avoiding looking at the camera, is trying to look like a family man, but is getting rebuffed by his wife. She seems to be leaning away from him. His smile looks incredibly awkward; I can't read hers.

Yes, I did, and was blown away. Of course, she has glasses on so you can't really see her face, but he certainly doesn't look burdened by anything. Guess he thought his problem was solved.

The only way to make this work, IMO, is if NL met them there. Perhaps in a red car.

So, can someone help me out? We have spent weeks weaving the noose for CL. Now that LE has arrested CL for Erin's murder, and laid out part of their case, how did we get to the theory that NL really killed her and CL is taking the fall as punishment for "being a bad boy?"

How many of us would get in the car with our lover's wife, just the two of you, to go anywhere? I certainly wouldn't. Must less to go out in the middle of nowhere. And, if that's what happened, why did EC text her friend about CL taking her away for the day?

I think it's easy to come up with theories but we have to keep ourselves grounded with the evidence.

It would also mean JC would know the baby wasn't his. And isn't there also the possibility that CL was concerned that JC would report him to the Marines for adultery, but getting rid of EC was easier?

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps JC didn't understand the finer details of conception. Many men don't. They just very willingly participate in the baby making and wait for the test results, LOL.

Many years ago, my husband travelled for work. He would be gone two weeks and home for two weekends a month. We were trying for a baby and I realized he was coming home on the wrong weekends. I had to explain to him how ovulation worked and why this was a problem. So, we changed his schedule and presto, and got pregnant pretty much immediately.

Didn't we hear EC called, emailed or texted (I can't remember which one) her friend abt the planned Sat celebration a couple days prior?

Was it a couple of days prior? I hadn't heard that, thank you. :)

The only way to make this work, IMO, is if NL met them there. Perhaps in a red car.

Agreed. In my theory (and this is definitely just a theory), NL was lying in wait for CL to lure EC to the crime location. And you're right. At this point, there is nothing really to indicate that NL was the one who pulled the trigger (or however EC was killed). But it's also plausible, since LE does say they want to investigate what role, if any, NL played in the crime. So it's not completely out there. Although, I will confess, I am not totally sold-out to the theory. It's just something I've wondered sometimes.

So, then the possibilities would be that CL just delivers EC and stands around while NL kills her. Or he delivers her and they both kill her. Or he drops her off, runs off with his tail between his legs, and drives off while NL kills her. I think either of these might be possible if they were childless. But someone would have to watch their daughter for any of these options and I'm pretty sure LE would have looked into whether NL might have been an actual participant rather than an accessory after the fact.

This is dumb, but I read all of her Pinterest posts; I can understand why IM may have felt protective of her given her clear love of CL and all her sad posts about forgiveness, etc. I want to believe she couldn't have done anything. But I also can't get over the fact that she has posted very few since EC disappeared, and of the few, one (in the week after the disappearance as far as I can tell) simply says "namaste, b@$#hes."
Even if she had nothing to do with it, it seems a weird thing to post on social media when your spouse is being investigated for murdering his lover. I would think nothing of it if it didn't appear to be the first post after EC's disappearance.
(Mods, please snip if this is against TOS)

ETA: unless she is just, simply, angry. At the world. At CL. At EC.

Agreed. In my theory (and this is definitely just a theory), NL was lying in wait for CL to lure EC to the crime location. And you're right. At this point, there is nothing really to indicate that NL was the one who pulled the trigger (or however EC was killed). But it's also plausible, since LE does say they want to investigate what role, if any, NL played in the crime. So it's not completely out there. Although, I will confess, I am not totally sold-out to the theory. It's just something I've wondered sometimes.

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps JC didn't understand the finer details of conception. Many men don't. They just very willingly participate in the baby making and wait for the test results, LOL.

Many years ago, my husband travelled for work. He would be gone two weeks and home for two weekends a month. We were trying for a baby and I realized he was coming home on the wrong weekends. I had to explain to him how ovulation worked and why this was a problem. So, we changed his schedule and presto, and got pregnant pretty much immediately.

Definitely see your point. It makes me wonder how far along she really was--there are varying reports. Also, I can't make heads or tails of whether JC really did know about the affair previously. If he did, or even suspected, that might be why he didn't report EC missing right away. Maybe he thought she ran off with CL. In fact, maybe once he saw CL at the apartment again, perhaps that is what prompted him to realize EC was really missing and hadn't run off with CL? MOO

Having said all that, I confess to not having read back through every single post since day 1; so I might not have all the facts straight in my head. Forgive me if that is the case.

True. And that's what I keep coming back to, my gut is telling me not only did she not participate, but perhaps didn't even try to cover it up. Perhaps she didn't actually know for certain, but suspected, and gave up as much information as she could without throwing him under the bus IN CASE she was wrong. Or... in case she was afraid for her own life and that of their child.

Because certainly she could not have fled with their child, or that would have made her look guilty.

But I don't think she was "covertly" cooperating with LE

So, then the possibilities would be that CL just delivers EC and stands around while NL kills her. Or he delivers her and they both kill her. Or he drops her off, runs off with his tail between his legs, and drives off while NL kills her. I think either of these might be possible if they were childless. But someone would have to watch their daughter for any of these options and I'm pretty sure LE would have looked into whether NL might have been an actual participant rather than an accessory after the fact.

Maybe they convinced each other that they were doing this for their daughter. And maybe they were convinced that it's easier to do something like this if they both participated...so that one parent is not unfairly burdened with guilt.

But...

If I had to make an educated guess then I'd say that Lee and Erin were alone when he murdered her.

But then again...if we find out that Erin was somehow tortured or hurt before being shot then I'd say that Nicole was physically involved in the murder...they wanted to teach her a lesson before murdering her.

interesting points....

it brought up a question for me...

Do LE know for certain the the search for "disposing of bodies" was just made by CL?

Or could these same searches have been made by NL?

Or could there be evidence that they both were searching the internet for this information?

for instance... DH and I share the same PC... So if one of us was searching a subject... I wonder how LE would be able to ascertain which one of us was doing the actual searching...

:waitasec:

Cindy Anthony did the searching perhaps ? :gaah:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Do we have any "body language" experts on here? Because I see it differently. I see a man who is avoiding looking at the camera, is trying to look like a family man, but is getting rebuffed by his wife. She seems to be leaning away from him. His smile looks incredibly awkward; I can't read hers.

You could be right but I just don't see all that. She looks pretty relaxed to me. Don't get me wrong. I don't think he looks giddy or anything, I just don't think he looks like a man burdened by his actions. We don't know exactly what is going on when the pictures were taken. Someone or something might have drawn his attention away from the camera. In the second one, her face is scrunched up and she's looking down at their daughter. Plus, she's sitting on the side of the chair closest to him. It sort of looks to me like he's leaning down or kneeling next to the chair because, in the first one, you can see one of his legs through the chair behind her back and the toe of his boot under the seat of her chair.

I suspect that someone who was having an affair that he was trying to hide from his wife would have either a laptop or smart phone that she was not privy to, and that's how they know. Plus... then he admitted it. JMO.

Cindy Anthony did the searching perhaps ? :gaah:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Definitely see your point. It makes me wonder how far along she really was--there are varying reports. Also, I can't make heads or tails of whether JC really did know about the affair previously. If he did, or even suspected, that might be why he didn't report EC missing right away. Maybe he thought she ran off with CL. In fact, maybe once he saw CL at the apartment again, perhaps that is what prompted him to realize EC was really missing and hadn't run off with CL? MOO

Having said all that, I confess to not having read back through every single post since day 1; so I might not have all the facts straight in my head. Forgive me if that is the case.

I know what you mean. We really just have rumor for whether JC knew of the affair. If he even suspected though, I can certainly see why he'd be reluctant to report her missing immediately and be humiliated publicly.

Why, why, why did he see this as an answer to his problems??? I realized just a few minutes ago when I was reading the Mail Online article that CL is the same age as my grandson and EC was the same age as his sister/my granddaughter. I view them as kids. They are all so young. What a tragedy this is all the way around. For EC and JC and their families as well as CL, NL and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor