GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another one of him with really short hair - no date on this one though. It's on several news stories but all they say is that it's from Facebook (for reference, here's one of the stories: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-in-marine-wife-killing-could-face-2nd-murder-charge/) (eta: sorry the pic is so small! I didn't realize it was just the 'preview' size on the website)

View attachment 57349

When I see that picture I ask myself what heck was EC thinking. Awlful picture IMO

While reading through all the discussion about motive, and NL's level of involvement, I remembered something. Very early on, the rumor was that a Marine had been off base during the time Erin went missing, and his wife did not know where he was. He comes back home like nothing is wrong but Erin is never seen again.

I suspect that scenario is more or less true. I also think CL had very little feeling, if any at all, for Erin. She was really just a notch on his belt. Then she got pregnant and he freaks out. He probably was afraid that NL, who seems to be a pretty tough cookie, would keep his daughter from him, or at least poison her against him. I suspect she takes not prisoners. Even worse, he will owe Erin child support for the next 18 years. And if NL divorces him, he'll owe HER child support too. So, he plays Erin for time while he figures out what to do. Then he lures Erin out to the desert and kills her, as he sees it, to keep her from wrecking his life.

The next morning, it's all over base that Erin is missing. NL, apparently not being a moron, realized CL was gone all day. She puts two and two together and gets a big fat four. She confronts him, gets the truth out of him and then swings into action, trying to save her family. So, here she is, doing everything she can to save them all, and CL can't even keep his stories straight when the police question him. And I think that is what prompted her to explode at him, about how stupid he was, in front of IM.

So, based on that, I think the motives were money and love of his daughter. Mostly money.
ITA! Simple and agrees with what we know...great thinking!

Hm. Everywhere I see that mugshot pic it says it's an "undated" photo. I wonder if that's from his arrest for the potato gun thing, or if it's some other mugshot from some other time? Has anyone seen it with a date on it?

If those farm pics are really from July of this year... wow that guy's hair grows fast.

BBM Abortifacient does not imply teratogenic(causing birth defects), though some compounds are both, it's not the same thing.

If you are drugging someone heavily enough to cause an abortion, without legitimate abortion drugs, you may be facing murder anyway, premeditated murder at that.

Highly unlikely that mixing up a 16oz drink of papaya, pomegranate, vitamin C, crushed up old birth control pills (where does one even find old birth control pills, anyway?), etc. would result in an abortion. Perhaps if given a high dose over an extended time it *might* be possible....or it might result in a child with birth defects.

Convincing her to raise her child with JC is only a permanent solution if the relationship lasts, which I'm certain CL had his doubts about. He would always be waiting for that envelope in the mail indicating he was required to submit his DNA for a paternity test.

Neither of the above are an absolute and definitive solution to his "problem", which I believe is what CL was looking for and, unfortunately found, in that mine. Thankfully, he will pay for it for it with his freedom for the rest of his life, however long that may be.
Why would papaya, pomegranate, or Vitamin C prevent pregnancy/induce abortion??? Sounds like old wives tales to me, and pretty darn healthy! And old BC pills would lose their potency. Now if we were talking the morning after pill- the drugs used to induce abortion, we might be talking.

Ah, yes. They should find out if someone was watching their daughter at any time on Saturday.

Hm. Everywhere I see that mugshot pic it says it's an "undated" photo. I wonder if that's from his arrest for the potato gun thing, or if it's some other mugshot from some other time? Has anyone seen it with a date on it?

If those farm pics are really from July of this year... wow that guy's hair grows fast.

I had read the "undated photo" thing each time, also. However, I did read an article that had it identified for a San Bernardino County arrest. The only arrest I could ever locate for him online was that one for the potato gun.

I wouldn't either, but I wonder if I would have at their age.

If I were involved with it, I would be there. #1 to hope that my show of "support" keeps him quiet and the least amount angry with me, and #2, to be sure I am a "threat" to him and that he won't "talk behind my back".

See how both of these concepts work in tandem in his mind to make him more depraved than the average killer. Since we now know he didn't kill her over just the pregnancy, then the pregnancy must have been a small part of the evidence of adulterous relations that he needed to get rid of to prevent a conviction, jail time, and ensuing divorce in which he would lose custody of his child.

AFAIK, we don't know why he killed her. Everything is speculation. It could have just been over the pregnancy

Why would papaya, pomegranate, or Vitamin C prevent pregnancy??? Sounds like old wives tales to me. And old BC pills would lose their potency. Now if we were talking the morning after pill- the drugs used to induce abortion, we might be talking.

Actually, the morning after pill is not an abortion pill. It is simply a high dose of birth control. It works because the egg is not fertilized until a few days after intercourse, so it blocks fertilization just as birth control would. It actually will not work at all, nor have any effect, if you take it when you are already pregnant. The abortion pill is a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol

My mind is on Erin right now and those final moments before she died. Did she know it was coming? Did she think he'd follow through with it when he started it? Did she know why he was doing this to her? What did he say to her if anything? Or did she have her back turned and never saw it coming and died not knowing why she had to die???

It has been reported CL was going to enroll in school after he returned to Alaska. I am wondering if he was going on the GI Bill and if that benefit would be taken away if he was found guilty of having an affair while on Active Duty.

So, can someone help me out? We have spent weeks weaving the noose for CL. Now that LE has arrested CL for Erin's murder, and laid out part of their case, how did we get to the theory that NL really killed her and CL is taking the fall as punishment for "being a bad boy?"

How many of us would get in the car with our lover's wife, just the two of you, to go anywhere? I certainly wouldn't. Must less to go out in the middle of nowhere. And, if that's what happened, why did EC text her friend about CL taking her away for the day?

I think it's easy to come up with theories but we have to keep ourselves grounded with the evidence.

I have read other theories that I didn't agree with and didn't take the time to belittle the poster because I think it is interesting to hear others thoughts. Let's all keep an open mind.

Of course she wouldn't get in the car with NL, but we don't know what all they did to get her out there (drug her, etc.)

It has been reported CL was going to enroll in school after he returned to Alaska. I am wondering if he was going on the GI Bill and if that benefit would be taken away if he was found guilty of having an affair while on Active Duty.

Yes, he would have lost his GI Bill school benefit if he had been brought up on charges of infidelity while on Active Duty and he was convicted and they changed his discharge status from honorable to dishonorable. He would have lost all his military benefits, e.i, commissary privileges, exchange privileges, any medical as well as his IRR status. If convicted he would have lost everything having to do with his military career. So I guess we have to ask ourselves how important his military status was to him. IMO, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member