GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE has a POI and is hopeful,they may find Erin, at least until they decide the locations they are searching have been exhausted, I am not surprised they have nothing more to say. They may have a POI known to Erin, one who they feel is not likely to be a threat to the general public. Finding Erin would obviously help any future case. I think they know what they are doing. But if they don't find her...I wonder if they have enough evidence to charge anyone with anything. It might be a good idea to eventually release a name of a POI just to try to get witnesses as to where else that person may have been seen during crucial times. Jmo

If the witness is correct, Erin's car was found to the left of A, facing west:

f9a47329-4678-4035-b453-1ad425a3f57c_zps8fda4827.png

I'm saying that in my opinion it is possible that she drove her car to that spot and left it there, she got into another car (car #2) with someone and went to the park. Park cameras picked this up and picked up she wasn't in car #2 when it left, thus the search specified to the park and not where her car was found. A trusted friend may know and informed LE that there was a usual spot she went to with somebody at the park thus the more narrowed search. This could explain why she was at the park but her car wasn't. On a side note and I apologize for not being clear, my other thought is that she left a detailed suicide note. Two different scenarios. and both just my speculation.

Here's a wider view. Not a whole lot out there.

If you go a bit wider then you start to see the base. It's about 2 miles to the Condor gate from where the witness says the car was. Less distance if you walk across the desert rather than the road.

She was only a few months pregnant. What if she were having another miscarriage? Would that cause her to take off?

Personally I'd want to curl up in bed, not take off, but one thing I've learned over the years is people react differently to different situations, and not always how one might expect them to (heck I've surprised myself with my own reactions to things at times).

I'm sure this has been mentioned. But aren't there cameras at the gates to all military bases?

There are a lot of theories out there. My head is spinning.

I am glad a mod linked to Whitney's case thread. I was thinking of her early on. I still find it difficult to imagine someone from her apartment complex abducting her and then taking her to the very place she was planning to go. But I guess JTNP might be a logical place to to take a victim.

Here's a wider view. Not a whole lot out there.

Screenshot2014-07-10at15657PM_zps9f27a80e.png

For a biker it wouldn't be so bad. You wouldn't stick out as much either because it makes more sense. You can stick a bike in the back of a corolla. You can also put bikes on those transit buses.

No new articles, FB posts or press releases today. Why so quiet?!?

I just heard on the police scanner that 2 deputy's are going "deep" in to JT. Said if they aren't back by 1700 hours to come find them as they won't have cell or radio service. In my opinion it sounds like they don't have a specific area they're going to or a specific reason.

Based on this witness account, a few things to consider....

First, these are overviews of the most likely route Erin would have taken returning from JT.

Erin Corwin Projected Route 2 Overview.PNG

Erin Corwin Projected Route 1.PNG

And here where the car was in relation to the route [Marked by Red arrow]. The position and direction doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless she was returning from
somewhere other than JT.
Erin Corwin Car Found.jpg

Photo from the same road from the article.
29-palms Near where Erin Corwin's car found.jpg

First, these are overviews of the most likely route Erin would have taken returning from JT.

View attachment 54598

View attachment 54598

And here where the car was in relation to the route [Marked by Red arrow]. The position and direction doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless she was returning from
somewhere other than JT.
View attachment 54600

View attachment 54601

Thanks for the maps. No, it doesn't make sense that would be a route she would take. It would be a convenient route for an abductor or killer to have come back from disposing of her body in the park, take a slight detour, and make a U turn so that it faces the base.

Starting to wonder if they fear a mental health issue, or something like that. But the car placement does not make sense with that type of secnario.

View attachment 54598

View attachment 54603

somewhere other than JT.
View attachment 54600

View attachment 54601

I disagree. IMO she would have left base via the Condor gate not the main gate, which is the gate closest to where it is assumed, based on rank, that she lives. As you can see when you zoom out on the map there are housing areas on that end of base. Then she would have turned left on Valle Vista and continued on as shown on your map.

I disagree. IMO she would have left base via the Condor gate not the main gate, which is the gate closest to where it is assumed, based on rank, that she lives. As you can see when you zoom out on the map there are housing areas on that end of base. Then she would have turned left on Valle Vista and continued on as shown on your map.

True, a left on Valle Vista but only to the next intersection and then south on Utah Trail. From what I am getting her car was found further east on Valle Vista past Utah Trail about a mile.

Her car was definitely not hidden....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member