GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the wife

True dat. I mentioned in a previous post that I had an odd feeling about this case having the potential of being another Heather Elvis type situation.

So we're all looking at this from an 'alleged boyfriend did it' angle when if the affair facts are as recently reported it could just as easily have been the husband. JMO.

I don't know about "all" - I'm looking at it from the angle that all kinds of people could've done something.

There's multiple ways it can be handled. Sometimes people are just reduced in rank. Sometimes people are given a dishonorable discharge. It's up to command. There are no set in stone penalties. IMO, it's one of those laws that is selectively enforced. Quick story..I married my husband right as he was retiring from the Marines. His first wife accused him of having an affair (not with me! I met him after his divorce!). He got called into court, basically, and had to prove he did not have the affair. She was attempting to ruin his 20 year career, no retirement, no benefits that he eared, nothing!! If he was found to have had an affair, he could lose it all. He was cleared of her accusation. The truth played out.

Why would she do that though? If they were married for ten years, she'd be entitled to a portion of his retirement. If less than ten years, then she wouldn't have any claims to his pension. At least those were the rules back in my day.
Sounds as if she wasn't due to get anything and was just being vindictive, so I'm glad it worked out for him (and you too).

Regarding his rank: According to his FB page he was promoted Nov 7, 2013 - A full year after his wedding.

According to his FB page he was married on Nov 11, 2012

Thus, at that ball and their wedding, he was a LCpl.

Why would she do that though? If they were married for ten years, she'd be entitled to a portion of his retirement. If less than ten years, then she wouldn't have any claims to his pension. At least those were the rules back in my day.
Sounds as if she wasn't due to get anything and was just being vindictive, so I'm glad it worked out for him (and you too).

Regretting airing my dirty laundry. Why would she do that? You'd have to ask her. Trying to trap him into staying in the marriage? I have no idea. She had "issues", as I'm sure all ex-wives do, right? Yes, she DOES get a portion of his retirement every month. They were married 18 years and that's the law, and I have no problem with it. My whole point in sharing was that the average person has no idea what having an affair (or even being accused of having an affair) can do to someone in the military.

The affair rumor has appeared numerous times since day one and by a relative. And no one has denied it.
Is this something we want to believe ? Heck NO. But it happens every day in our wonderful world.
We read threads just like this one almost every day many times more than one thread women that just vanish.
No one want to blame her husband and I don't think anyone has but if this is all true there is enough MOTIVE to go around for all parties involved. Its up to LE to find out who did it and what happened to her. JMO

The latest thread on the "Locate Erin" page is strange. You have people who are arguing things like the following: The family should be protected from the truth, that knowing something is happening is the same as the action occurring, that the media should not have First Amendment protections, and that government should be able to operate in total secrecy. I see hints of the same ideas here, but in the "unfiltered" world of Facebook I get the sense more than half of the population has a 5th-grade level of intelligence (max). We need to dismantle our education system and start over.

Many women are able to tell when they are ovulating, or at the very least, know who they slept with timed with their cycle. If she was having an affair, she doesn't strike me as the type to go sleep with someone and immediately return home and sleep with her husband. She strikes me as the type that if she was having an affair, things probably weren't great with her husband and they were not intimate, or not intimate to time right with the pregnancy.

Also, I don't consider a couple who are not having sex as "roommates". Things happen. Sickness, depression, exhaustion, different schedules. Lots of things could have led her to not be overly intimate (if that's the case).

Gee guys/gals - let's get down to the nitty gritty why don't we?
I've lived almost six decades, no one has to tell me about every possibility in life. I'm just posting with the idea that we haven't any facts, aren't allowed on WS to use rumors from FB and probabilities imo.
This couple loved each other since high school, had been married for less than two years and were just recently (since last October) able to be together. Unless the stressors were so huge (and that's possible because everything becomes about the Marine and THE MARINES and that life - it is a BIG change in lifestyle for a spouse) but, really, hardly no time had passed since they were able to be together.

The affair rumor has appeared numerous times since day one and by a relative. And no one has denied it.
Is this something we want to believe ? Heck NO. But it happens every day in our wonderful world.
We read threads just like this one almost every day many times more than one thread women that just vanish.
No one want to blame her husband and I don't think anyone has but if this is all true there is enough MOTIVE to go around for all parties involved. Its up to LE to find out who did it and what happened to her. JMO

I don't know what happened to my answer here - anyway, they're just kids to me and don't deserve the rumors on top of what they're already going through.
Just because something's possible doesn't mean it's true in every case.

Regretting airing my dirty laundry. Why would she do that? You'd have to ask her. Trying to trap him into staying in the marriage? I have no idea. Yes, she DOES get a portion of his retirement every month. They were married 18 years and that's the law, and I have no problem with it. My whole point in sharing was that the average person has no idea what having an affair (or even being accused of having an affair) can do to someone in the military.

I want to thank you for "airing your dirty laundry" as you said, although I don't think it's all that dirty. Maybe needs a quick spin in the dryer with a fabric softener sheet or so. Your story and perspective gave the non-mil of us an important insight into why a Marine accused of having an affair might have more to lose than a mechanic or a computer programmer.

The only way I can think of without a DNA test is if she had a pretty good idea when she was ovulating and for whatever reason wasn't having sex with her husband during that timeframe. This makes me wonder if that is why the husband said she was 2 months pregnant but she only apparently got confirmation of the pregnancy 3 wks ago on Father's Day. Most women who are wanting to get pregnant would do the test after the first missed period.

BBM

I had a few miscarriages. We were told by the doctor to avoid unprotected sex for a couple of months immediately after the miscarriages. She said it was best for my body and soul to heal a bit and get normalized, before getting pregnant again. Maybe her husband was following similar advice and would be surprised that she was pregnant again now?

It is. But it still happens.

Well yes, so does murder. I guess I was asking for confirmation from someone in military. But for the male, if true, would he have to be married for him to be guilty of adultery? E is not military herself, so the laws likely would not apply to her, correct?

The latest thread on the "Locate Erin" page is strange. You have people who are arguing things like the following: The family should be protected from the truth, that knowing something is happening is the same as the action occurring, that the media should not have First Amendment protections, and that government should be able to operate in total secrecy. I see hints of the same ideas here, but in the "unfiltered" world of Facebook I get the sense more than half of the population has a 5th-grade level of intelligence (max). We need to dismantle our education system and start over.

There are also people commenting that the media source that posted that story has a history of bad sources.

Well yes, so does murder. I guess I was asking for confirmation from someone in military. But for the male, if true, would he have to be married for him to be guilty of adultery? E is not military herself, so the laws likely would not apply to her, correct?

If you read the article that all of this conversation is based on, it states that she was having an affair with a married Marine. This gives the married Marine a motive. Now, it's up to you whether you believe the article or not. That's still up for debate.

Can anyone in the area verify if there is activity outside the park?

Interestingly, I (jokingly) commented out of the blue to my husband that I want to go JT this afternoon. He said "OK," so of course I had to ask, "Doesn't that concern you that I want to go by myself in this heat?" and he said, "No."

Yes. There was activity outside the Park earlier this week. Not sure about now.

Same would happen here. I've been in/to the Park alone numerous times. I've actually always thought of it as a safe place to go (not hiking in the back country alone but on the main paved roads.) Although funny not related story. I climbed the gate to a closed campground one time to use their bathroom. The door got stuck. I FREAKED OUT! I did finally get the door open but never again did I EVER do that!

I can't get the quote thing to work now.
I was going on the assumption that the ball picture was from 2013 for some reason.

They were married in November 2012?

Jon went to Japan.

Erin moved to 29 Palms in October 2013.

Jon was promoted to corporal on October 12, 2013 (per post #452 below).

Do we know when Jon returned from Japan? (per post #452 - thanks escape! - the unit returned to CA on October 12, 2013.)

So we don't know if Jon and Erin attended the Marine Corps Ball in 2013.

Going into 2014, did Erin spend New Years alone at 29 Palms? (We do know that Jon was 'home' in October 2013.)

There are also people commenting that the media source that posted that story has a history of bad sources.

They might be reporting bad information, which is unrelated to my comment.

Here's what I said (a different way of saying it): Whether the public knows the truth is not the fault of the media source or the public. It's the fault of the people hiding the truth.

If she was sleeping with someone of higher rank than her husband, the guy she was sleeping with would be found guilty. In the case I shared, the guy was totally single, but was found guilty because he slept with a lower ranking Marine's wife.

So, no, Erin wouldn't be in trouble legally, but the man she is sleeping with would be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro