GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right that part is true but if he didn't show up Monday for formation and such, he is considered U/A. At least here all the battalions have formations. If you are not at formation on time, you are U/A. He can't just be gone several days and not show up without being U/A. He would have to be on Leave. He very well could have taken leave and they would never know if he was involved in this or not. My husband is currently deployed but if one of his Marines doesn't show up for a formation, they count them as U/A until they are found. You can't just not show up to work so long as you stay within a certain radius. You must show up or you are U/A. Weekend is one thing but he would have had to report to work on Monday morning or be counted as U/A.[/QUOTE

If a person works an evening shift , do they still have to report to morning formation ? My husband was in the AF and worked a lot of evening shifts on the flight line. For all we know, whoever did this was in formation Monday morning...

** Hi, Shift work is done in the airwing part of the Marine Corps. They have formations according to their schedules. If you are on nights, there is one before you start your shift, and same for days. Usually they have one at the end of the shift before they leave as well. Good point he could have been in formation that morning but what happened the next day......when he didn't show up? I'm saying this in terms of if they ran off together. Now if they didn't and he did something to her, then yes, he could be showing up like normal everyday. Scary thought!

Not sure if I can say this here, but the person posting names on other forums appears to be the same one who was doing it here. And the names are not "new".

He said something to the effect of...his sister saw the same car there on a previous day at the same time when she was coming home from work in the morning. (I'm at the movies so I can't listen to the interview to get the exact wording. Sorry.)

He said something to the effect of...his sister saw the same car there on a previous day at the same time when she was coming home from work in the morning. (I'm at the movies so I can't listen to the interview to get the exact wording. Sorry.)

So there may have been a pattern for meeting up where her car was found. Maybe she was using the horse ranch as a reason she wasn't home.

So his sister had seen the car on another occasion other than June 30?

As I understand it, it was the same occasion. Like, a day later she thought the blue car had been moved to a slightly different spot in the same location but she wasn't 100% sure about that.

I've been thinking about this "affair." She and her husband haven't been married a long time and they seem really in love from her FB posts, etc. It doesn't fit any typical profile. I'm not sure it even fits a typical military, "spouse-gone and I was lonely" profile as he couldn't have been gone that long. I think there is something atypical we don't realize. Either the guy is someone from her past, pre-husband, or there is another factor, such as coercion, age-differential, wealth, something. She just didn't have a reason to become emotionally invested in someone else, nor to throw away a new marriage for a physical fling. For most women, to risk your marriage, you would need to be bored or ignored or being courted by someone who could in some way provide you with much more than you currently have.

I remember reading this too, Voice, but I can't find it anywhere now. :thinking:

I worked for a major insurer for many years. The rates were based on year, make, model, driving record. age, etc. No where on the input screen of the computer did it ask color of the vehicle when rating. People would call and say "I'm selling the blue car" and I had no idea which of their 3 cars was blue by looking at the computer.

I can only go by my personal experience. My parents have used the same insurance agent for 40+ yrs. My sister and I have used the same guy for roughly 20 years. Her insurance is about 30 more per month. Insurance agent was asked why and said (and I quote) "Its red."

YMMV

Mel

I suspect there is a lot of turnover in the apartments on base, and I'm not going to name names of course, but reverse searches of the searched apartments (and other online searches) yield one person who definitely doesn't fit the description of the driver of the red car (He is African-american, 24 years of age), and another person who probably doesn't fit (He's 52 years old -- actually this is in error -- he is around 32 years of age, so he could be the driver). Both are apparently married. This is very speculative of course, but interesting, and hopefully not prohibited.

Is it possible that a red car warrant was sealed? therefore, not releasable until unsealed.

This is O/T but I've been wondering for a while. If a warrant isn't sealed is there a way for civilians (anyone other than media or LE) to get a copy?

First time posting so I don't know if this is ok to post but there is very interesting conversation going on in a fb page for Erin. Sorry if not allowed.

I can only go by my personal experience. My parents have used the same insurance agent for 40+ yrs. My sister and I have used the same guy for roughly 20 years. Her insurance is about 30 more per month. Insurance agent was asked why and said (and I quote) "Its red."

YMMV

Mel

My insurance company has never asked the color of one of my vehicles. :shrug:

First time posting so I don't know if this is ok to post but there is very interesting conversation going on in a fb page for Erin. Sorry if not allowed.

Which FB page?

On the Locate Erin page? I don't see anything new there...

Am I allowed to post it here ? I don't want to get in trouble first time posting.

Am I allowed to post it here ? I don't want to get in trouble first time posting.

No, FB is considered rumors. You can provide the link and say see post by and their initials. Can not cut and paste the post here.

The Where is Erin Corwin page. A neighbor of Erin's named the Marine involved and gives more info.

I've been thinking about this "affair." She and her husband haven't been married a long time and they seem really in love from her FB posts, etc. It doesn't fit any typical profile. I'm not sure it even fits a typical military, "spouse-gone and I was lonely" profile as he couldn't have been gone that long. I think there is something atypical we don't realize. Either the guy is someone from her past, pre-husband, or there is another factor, such as coercion, age-differential, wealth, something. She just didn't have a reason to become emotionally invested in someone else, nor to throw away a new marriage for a physical fling. For most women, to risk your marriage, you would need to be bored or ignored or being courted by someone who could in some way provide you with much more than you currently have.

Erin is very young. You have to remember she was 19 went she went missing. She's was still a teenager. Many times young girls fall in love and rush to get married but then when the thrill and attention are gone, the day-to-day stuff gets boring. If her husband was gone for part of the marriage, that might make things even worse for her. I can easily see an affair happening. Young, pretty girl a long way from home in a town where she doesn't know many people. Haven't we all done really stupid things at 19???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro