GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you find that movie pray tell? That was really observant of you - I mean, there are lots of deserts!

o/t - yesterday I stopped in my local library. There are books peeps have mentioned on WS that I've not read.
So I asked if they had the book, The Psychopath Next Door. She really tried to find it for me on the computer and finally I said, ty but that's ok. When I got home I'm like wth? So I googled and the book title is The Sociopath Next Door. Duh! But there is a movie called, The Psychopath Next Door.
Did I mention the librarian was looking at me sort of funny. :crazy:

That last line made me laugh out loud...I've gotten those looks before too! Hubby found the movie on Netflix. I'm one of those people who focus more on the background and scenery in movies than on the characters most of the time. So when the first scene of the desert came on JTNP was the first place that popped into my mind. The scenes were just gorgeous! And being from the east coast, I've never seen the desert in person before so the beauty and the vastness of what I was watching and the thoughts of Erin being out there had me a little emotional.

Thanks, so CL is a Corporal. How many years does that rank take to achieve? (I read it usually takes 4 years - so Jon apparently made the rank or corporal ahead of time.)
http://www.military-ranks.org/marine-corps/corporal

Depends on how motivated you are, as well as MOS- different cut scores and so forth. The 03 field doesn't exactly hand out promotions like candy... but 4,5 years to sergeant is very reasonable. 6yr corporal says prior NJP or serious lackawanna to me.

Just wanted to ask a quick question.

Does the old wives tale still ring true that pregnant women are not suppose to ride horses?

I rode until I couldn't haul my fat arse up on my horse anymore...

Just wanted to ask a quick question.

Does the old wives tale still ring true that pregnant women are not suppose to ride horses?

Depends on the individual. I had a client with a high risk pregnancy whose doctor told her to stop riding. For a "normal" pregnancy, I think one can ride until it becomes physically uncomfortable. Some people may be less likely to risk getting thrown off or kicked by a 1,000lb animal. I'd ride til it was physically not possible though :).

Anyone can publish an article on Vinelink. I could go to Vinelink right now and create the wildest of tales and post it. Caution must be used when dealing with content that is not coming directly from a well established source.

I'm a little confused by this comment. VineLink.com actually lists public records of criminal arrests, criminal cases and custody status for victim use (by state). I do not believe anything can be added by the public as it is simply records of data.

I'm a little confused by this comment. VineLink.com actually lists public records of criminal arrests, criminal cases and custody status for victim use (by state). I do not believe anything can be added by the public as it is simply records of data.

Adding to your post, CrackThatCase...

Those public arrest records are available elsewhere online, from a very reputable source, and free of charge. The Erin Corwin case is in the County of San Bernardino. ;)

I have to agree with whoever said this case reminds them of the Heather Elvis case. Some of the same elements are involved here. Amazing. Hope they find Erin soon. IMO

Well it took me long enough but I finally have the videos posted! Get a map ready of the areas around where her car was found, because all videos are titled with streets/directions, and there's more info in the descriptions so read that too. Hoping to start on the pics tonight but heading to the beach tomorrow so doubt I will finish until tomorrow night, because I want to label them and whittle down the unreasonable number of photos I took. I will let everyone know when they are added. Thanks for waiting!

LinusK, Thanks for the advice - I even found that I had created a Photobucket account years ago so that helped!

Hope this helps those of you who aren't in the area:
http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Grits4Lain/library/Videos taken near where her car was found

Thank you, Nora Charles, for the great videos!

Does anyone know if the volunteer and LE searches at JT were as thorough/well-manned as they were last weekend before the red car sighting came to light?

Anyone there able to sense the volume of searchers?

This case is so strange. On one hand it seems there is an abundance of little details and pieces of information. On the other hand, none of the information forms a complete picture, just fragments of many possible scenarios. I have noticed that some of the posts are getting really curt, and a bit snippy. I am starting to think it is due to the fact that everyone wants to do something other than spin their wheels and rehash "maybe" scenarios. Just an observation.

You're right. I was the victim of theft, and had the guy prosecuted. When he was given a release date from jail, I was getting calls from Vinelink and they left a message saying I would get a call every 20 minutes until I notified them to stop. I couldn't stop the calls until I got a password. It was nuts, but I guess necessary if you are afraid of your perp. When he did get out, the calls started again and I had to do it all again. I hadn't even signed up either! I could track this man via Vinelink using my password. It's a legal org.

I apologize I misread I thought it stated Newsvine. Sheesh. Newsvine is definitely quite different than the VineLink.

I go back to the beginning in this case:
http://www.desertsun.com/videos/news/nation/california/2014/07/20/12906723/
No 1 since she lived on base the Military IS involved which worries me...snafu..
No 1 Why would she "go to "JTNF" to "take Photos" for her mother, who was coming to visit? This statement by her Husband does not make any sense. IF her mother was coming to visit then she could just take her thru Joshua Tree. I've been there many times...photos of Joshua Tree? I'm sorry I dont believe her husbands excuse as to "why she left the home" that morning. I don't believe him I'm not buying it sorry. Photos dont do it justice, she would have def wanted to take her mom THRU JT. IMO.

When stumped in any investigation; go back to the beginning of your case. Golden Rule No 2. Golden Rule No1 is rule out closest to the missing. No one has been ruled out, he is No 1 Suspect to me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nora Charles View Post

Well it took me long enough but I finally have the videos posted! Get a map ready of the areas around where her car was found, because all videos are titled with streets/directions, and there's more info in the descriptions so read that too. Hoping to start on the pics tonight but heading to the beach tomorrow so doubt I will finish until tomorrow night, because I want to label them and whittle down the unreasonable number of photos I took. I will let everyone know when they are added. Thanks for waiting!

LinusK, Thanks for the advice - I even found that I had created a Photobucket account years ago so that helped!

Hope this helps those of you who aren't in the area:
http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Gri... was found

I've tried for half an hour to get these vids to come up. What am I doing wrong? I even logged in to Photobucket and they still wouldn't work for me. Help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nora Charles View Post

I've tried for half an hour to get these vids to come up. What am I doing wrong? I even logged in to Photobucket and they still wouldn't work for me. Help please?

I am getting- "Sorry, the requested page does not exist."

It did work when it was originally posted.

Maybe Nora Charles can help us.

That link is missing characters so it she's as invalid. Try using a URL shortener and posting that here

I am getting- "Sorry, the requested page does not exist."

It did work when it was originally posted.

Maybe Nora Charles can help us.

I am just getting a blank page where the vids would be but I'm getting a whole lot of ads on the side that are coming in loud and clear. :shame:

Her mother confirmed that Erin told her she was going to go to JTNP to scout out location for them to go when she got in town for her visit...not just to take pictures to show her mother. So its not just her husband's story.

I go back to the beginning in this case:
http://www.desertsun.com/videos/news/nation/california/2014/07/20/12906723/
No 1 since she lived on base the Military IS involved which worries me...snafu..
No 1 Why would she "go to "JTNF" to "take Photos" for her mother, who was coming to visit? This statement by her Husband does not make any sense. IF her mother was coming to visit then she could just take her thru Joshua Tree. I've been there many times...photos of Joshua Tree? I'm sorry I dont believe her husbands excuse as to "why she left the home" that morning. I don't believe him I'm not buying it sorry. Photos dont do it justice, she would have def wanted to take her mom THRU JT. IMO.

When stumped in any investigation; go back to the beginning of your case. Golden Rule No 2. Golden Rule No1 is rule out closest to the missing. No one has been ruled out, he is No 1 Suspect to me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean