GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was something that came out in the JVM interview. I'm not going to go and look through everything again, so I guess take it as a rumor. Maybe someone else will post a link.

Okey dokey then, thanks.

I think it is important to remember that it was the Locate Erin Facebook page which stated LE didn't know about the witness. To my knowledge LE has not stated whether or not they had already spoken to the the Beasley's..Erin's family running the FB page said LE hadn't heard about it.

Well, apparently the last person to have seen her alive is probably the man in the little red car. And I didn't see a search warrant issued for a little red car. Although some posters are wishing and hoping that was kept "secret" and in fact they DID issue a search warrant for it, that doesn't seem likely when you put the search warrants they released together with the knowledge that they stated they didn't know about the red car.

I think it is important to remember that it was the Locate Erin Facebook page which stated LE didn't know about the witness. To my knowledge LE has not stated whether or not they had already spoken to the the Beasley's..Erin's family running the FB page said LE hadn't heard about it.

At this point, it's a little impossible to know what LE knows and doesn't know. Working back from the search warrants is the only way to get at the truth of what they know, and that's been enormously helpful.

I do believe that DeAnna Hevelin is in a place to know, and is reporting truthfully, that LE said they didn't know about the red car clue. Whether LE lied to them is open for debate.

I read in an article that this morning that the NCIS said to the reporter that they are helping the police with the military parts of the case. (the article is from last night)
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...n-search-ncis-investigation-missing/12808449/
So does that mean for sure that the police suspect that this is going to be a military matter or person involved? NCIS said that they have interviewed one person so far.

http://criminologycareers.about.com/od/Career_Profiles/a/NCIS-Agent.htm

This link gives a description of what roles a Special Agent NCIS person is trained to do.

Jane Velez-Mitchell (JVM)

Is that the same video where the Beasley guy does the whole hat demonstration with the pony tail coming out the back and all? or was it the interview over the phone? He he, just joshin' ya. :loveyou:

At this point, it's a little impossible to know what LE knows and doesn't know. Working back from the search warrants is the only way to get at the truth of what they know, and that's been enormously helpful.

I do believe that DeAnna Hevelin is in a place to know, and is reporting truthfully, that LE said they didn't know about the red car clue. Whether LE lied to them is open for debate.

Just throwing this out there......why would the LE tell the family anything? Maybe there is a POI in the family. It's known from newspaper articles that family (from both sides) have come out in support of JC.

It's been my experience, and I've been the mother of a victim of a serious crime, LE usually doesn't tell the family anything until they make an arrest. In our case, most of the information wasn't even known until trial.

If she did meet with someone and was cheating, I think the cops have to know who it is. Highly unlikely a 19 year old has a burner phone. So they have her phone records, texts probably, computer information. They have to know a lot more than what they've shared. They're hung up some where though if no one has been arrested yet. It could be just the matter of the body and other key missing evidence of an actual crime. They may have talked to this guy who she may have been with last, but no evidence of an actual murder, he isn't going to be charged or have his name put out there, imo.

Just throwing this out there......why would the LE tell the family anything? Maybe there is a POI in the family. It's known from newspaper articles that family (from both sides) have come out in support of JC.

It's been my experience, and I've been the mother of a victim of a serious crime, LE usually doesn't tell the family anything until they make an arrest. In our case, most of the information wasn't even known until trial.

Often, LE is very close with the family, sharing minute details. I would think many cases LE would call the family and say to your knowledge, do any of Erin's friends own a red compact sedan. At the very least, I don't think I've ever heard of a case where LE outright lies when a clue comes out and says they've never heard that before. I've seen Law Enforcement who were the best advocates of the family, and kept the family informed at every single turn. And I've seen LE who keeps everything secret. But never have I seen them lie and pretend they don't know about a clue if they do know.

I'm sorry for what you've been through. Must have been very hard.

Is that the same video where the Beasley guy does the whole hat demonstration with the pony tail coming out the back and all? or was it the interview over the phone?
No he didn't mention the ponytail in the JVM interview, only that it was a blue baseball cap. Couldn't determine shade of blue/green.

If she did meet with someone and was cheating, I think the cops have to know who it is. Highly unlikely a 19 year old has a burner phone. So they have her phone records, texts probably, computer information. They have to know a lot more than what they've shared. They're hung up some where though if no one has been arrested yet. It could be just the matter of the body and other key missing evidence of an actual crime. They may have talked to this guy who she may have been with last, but no evidence of an actual murder, he isn't going to be charged or have his name put out there, imo.

Yes. We know that because of the search warrants. They know who they're looking at, most likely. Most likely.

I can think of a reason. If the affair rumor is true (and she's meeting up with the guy and hopping into his red car) then she's tucking her car away in the bushes hopefully insuring that anyone that she or her husband might know (a friend or maybe someone in JC's platoon) doesn't see it and say something to JC.

Mel

Wouldn't she have just parked in the more hidden spot to begin with in this case - knowing she was going off in another car for the day? It makes little sense that she drove off with the guy leaving her car where the sister says she saw it first, only to return later to move it.
If that happened, I think the perp moved the car further back from the road.

Need some advice...

I visited the area yesterday and took several pictures and a few videos that might help some people visualize where exactly we are talking about. Which website (Flicker, etc.) is best for me to post them to so I can get them uploaded and give everyone the link? I want to make sure it's one that allows videos too because I stood on the running board of our vehicle and turned around at places like the corner of Ranch Rd & Valle Vista, which I thought would be helpful. Any suggestions on a website???

Thank you! I was hoping somebody would do this so those of us not familiar with the area will get a better feel for it.

Often, LE is very close with the family, sharing minute details. I would think many cases LE would call the family and say to your knowledge, do any of Erin's friends own a red compact sedan. At the very least, I don't think I've ever heard of a case where LE outright lies when a clue comes out and says they've never heard that before. I've seen Law Enforcement who were the best advocates of the family, and kept the family informed at every single turn. And I've seen LE who keeps everything secret. But never have I seen them lie and pretend they don't know about a clue if they do know.

I'm sorry for what you've been through. Must have been very hard.

I totally see what you're saying and I agree.

The only problem...this is a high profile case. It involves the military, maybe. This is big.

IMO, I don't think the LE are telling the family anything. If they are, it's very minimum. JMO

There is, of course, a chance that Michael Beasley misunderstood what he saw. It's possible that a couple was driving on that road, spotted the car, and the woman got out to scope it out for whatever reason. (Thinking it belonged to a friend, fearing someone was inside who needed help, planning to break in and steal stuff, whatever). She does whatever she's going to do near the car, gets back in her own car (the red one) with her husband and they sit there while she makes a phone call to the person who she thinks the car belongs to.

I wonder if when she "locked" the car Beasley could hear it? That little honk? If he heard that, that would HAVE to either be Erin or someone who had her keys.

Anything is possible at this point. I really wish the family would comment on whether it is very likely that Erin was wearing a muted color baseball hat and a pony tail. That's so critical. But they hadn't been asked for that information, apparently, as they DID NOT know about the clue and LE is saying they didn't either. (which maybe a lie).

There is, of course, a chance that Michael Beasley misunderstood what he saw. It's possible that a couple was driving on that road, spotted the car, and the woman got out to scope it out for whatever reason. (Thinking it belonged to a friend, fearing someone was inside who needed help, planning to break in and steal stuff, whatever). She does whatever she's going to do near the car, gets back in her own car (the red one) with her husband and they sit there while she makes a phone call to the person who she thinks the car belongs to.

I wonder if when she "locked" the car Beasley could hear it? That little honk? If he heard that, that would HAVE to either be Erin or someone who had her keys.

Anything is possible at this point. I really wish the family would comment on whether it is very likely that Erin was wearing a muted color baseball hat and a pony tail. That's so critical. But they hadn't been asked for that information, apparently, as they DID NOT know about the clue and LE is saying they didn't either. (which maybe a lie).

Muted color? Again, I heard blue, but he couldn't determine shade- light/dark/green

Muted color? Again, I heard blue, but he couldn't determine shade- light/dark/green

I don't think the word "muted" was used where I read it - but it wasn't "brightly" colored. A word that seemed to mean kind of dark or well, muted.

Is it possible that the LE who said they did not know about the red car did not know?
Other LE did know, but not the one that made the statement.

This is my opinion only.

I don't think the word "muted" was used where I read it - but it wasn't "brightly" colored. A word that seemed to mean kind of dark or well, muted.
Muted to me doesn't imply dark, more like washed out, faded.

Is it possible that the LE who said they did not know about the red car did not know?
Other LE did know, but not the one that made the statement.

This is my opinion only.

I guess that's certainly possible. To me, when I look at this case in its entirety, the red car sighting should be the entire focus of the investigation.

This tip came up when the car was located. If LE could determine from the family that Beasley's description was accurate, and her hat was missing, that's the focus of the investigation. The focus would be, who is the man with the red car.

My guess is, at this point, there are LOTS of people who saw someone in a red car do something odd about two weeks ago but now it's been so long that they don't remember exactly what day and exactly where they saw it.

And no remains have been found in JT. Missed opportunities. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikchan