GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I and WS'ers understand what you are saying. But a family thrown into a nightmare like this doesn't realize that keeping up appearances hides the truth, and the truth is what will lead to the victim being found and justice being served. They really just do not know any better. JMO.

IMO they also don't know if she might walk in the door tomorrow and want to continue on with life, so I can see why they'd conceal things from the public if that's what's going on.

To weigh in on the debate on how much LE shares with the family. I've never known LE to share much of anything with family. There are families who are still waiting decades later to find out their loved ones COD. With LE citing the case is still open and all that.

Well it took me long enough but I finally have the videos posted! Get a map ready of the areas around where her car was found, because all videos are titled with streets/directions, and there's more info in the descriptions so read that too. Hoping to start on the pics tonight but heading to the beach tomorrow so doubt I will finish until tomorrow night, because I want to label them and whittle down the unreasonable number of photos I took. I will let everyone know when they are added. Thanks for waiting!

LinusK, Thanks for the advice - I even found that I had created a Photobucket account years ago so that helped!

Hope this helps those of you who aren't in the area:
http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Grits4Lain/library/Videos taken near where her car was found

Thank you so much for taking the time to record and also post these videos! It sure gave me a much better idea of the area! I appreciate you doing this!

Where did all these stats come from earlier that people who have affairs are more likely to be injured/disappeared/hurt/etc.? I kept seeing "look it up" and assumed those posts would probably likely be deleted so I waited, but now I'm just confused. Is there someplace I should be looking?

I don't know about stats...I think it was an opinion that being in certain situations can be more dangerous than not being in them, Jmo. We've seen young women vanish after wild partying nights (Kortne, Lauren) and then there is Heather E. who seems to have been murdered by her married lover/ex-lover and wife. My take on those posts was that certain circumstances can make one more prone to being a victim. And certainly, LE looks at victimology. I have even heard them to refer to some victims as "true victims" meaning they were not in any situation or affiliated with any people that would possibly put them in danger.

We don't know if Erin was involved in anything that could have endangered her. We don't even know if she is a victim right now. But in any case, she is a victim as far as WS is concerned, Imo. No hard evidence to show otherwise.

All jmo

IMO they also don't know if she might walk in the door tomorrow and want to continue on with life, so I can see why they'd conceal things from the public if that's what's going on.

And if LE found her alive and well somewhere, LE cannot release her location unless she gives them permission to do so.

Won't the fact that he's given interviews hurt his credibility in court?

As long as his account remains consistent and he appears convincing, I don't see how it could hurt his credibility at trial. I think his interviews could perhaps hurt the investigation though, in that if what he says is true then he could be giving someone a heads up who otherwise didn't know they were on the radar. Or, if they did suspect they were on the radar, he could be giving them time to cover up their involvement/devise an alibi during that time.

And if LE found her alive and well somewhere, LE cannot release her location unless she gives them permission to do so.

No, but they would be required to report that she is alive and the case is closed, IIRC.

Well it took me long enough but I finally have the videos posted! Get a map ready of the areas around where her car was found, because all videos are titled with streets/directions, and there's more info in the descriptions so read that too. Hoping to start on the pics tonight but heading to the beach tomorrow so doubt I will finish until tomorrow night, because I want to label them and whittle down the unreasonable number of photos I took. I will let everyone know when they are added. Thanks for waiting!

LinusK, Thanks for the advice - I even found that I had created a Photobucket account years ago so that helped!

http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Grits4Lain/library/Videos taken near where her car was found

Yes! Exactly as I remember it. Except I see some newly paved/asphalt roads. But other than that, it's miles and miles as far as the eye can see of ....well.......nothing but dirt, sand and a little brush here and there.
Literally, as far as the eye can see.....the exact same scene other than a house here and there, a car left because it ran out of gas, overheated, or just stopped running, and a few signs for a House for Sale or Rent.
My old stomping grounds......Thank you so much for doing this!!!

Well this sort of explains why the horse ranch has been so hush hush. Probably told to be by LE.

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. I couldn't figure out why they had been so quiet unless this was the case.

Weird that this individual who was served a search warrant was discharged on the 7th. Appears to be a standard and honorable enlistment discharge, but still weird timing, IMO.

True. I don't really see this happening, but I'm still trying to hold out some level of hope.

So the names are out in MSM now.

According to the link from DarkHorse:

One of the apartments searched was the Corwins and the other belonged to Christopher and Nichole Lee. They are from Alaska. Christopher Lee is 24 years old and volunteered at the same horse ranch as Erin Corwin. He received honorable discharge on July 7, 2014 after serving out his six-year contract. Both have now moved off-base and according to the sheriff's department neither Christophe nor Nichole Lee have been named as suspects in this case.

Christopher Lee is now serving in the Individual Ready Reserve. Can anyone explain what that is for us civilians?

At least some info is coming out.

Even though LE is not naming POI's, I think LE is certainly "interested" if they went to the extent to obtain search warrants. But no, we cannot usually discuss anyone until LE says they are a POI. Jmo

Hitting the "thanks" button was just not enough! :tyou::yourock:

So the names are out in MSM now.

According to the link from DarkHorse:

One of the apartments searched was the Corwins and the other belonged to Christopher and Nichole Lee. They are from Alaska. Christopher Lee is 24 years old and volunteered at the same horse ranch as Erin Corwin. He received honorable discharge on July 7, 2014 after serving out his six-year contract. Both have now moved off-base and according to the sheriff's department neither Christophe nor Nichole Lee have been named as suspects in this case.

Christopher Lee is now serving in the Individual Ready Reserve. Can anyone explain what that is for us civilians?
At least some info is coming out.

Hubby was in the military. What I take that to mean is a part of someone's military contract includes years of active duty and a few years of inactive duty, being in the Reserves until their full contract is up.

For instance, my husband was drafted into the U.S. Army for 6 years. Two years active duty, 4 years inactive duty which is considered reserves. HTH. HIR (Hope I'm right.) LOL

Even though LE is not naming POI's, I think LE is certainly "interested" if they went to the extent to obtain search warrants. But no, we cannot usually discuss anyone until LE says they are a POI. Jmo

Yeah, and I think LE was consulted before this story was released, if ya naw'm'sayin. I'm reminded of a certain Glenn Frey tune at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic