GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the story at Desert Sun was just updated. Bunches of new stuff!

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...christopher-lee-arrest/12961823/?sf28800445=1

ETA: I sure hope they post that affidavit soon, rather than just puny image of it.

You're not kidding about bunches of new stuff. Does this mean CL can be sleuthed?

From the article:

High Desert law enforcement suspect that a pregnant Marine spouse who has been missing for weeks may have been harmed by an ex-Marine with whom she was romantically involved.

The investigation has come to focus on Lee, Corwin's next door neighbor, who may have been the father of her child, according to an affidavit filed in the by Detective Corey Emom. In the affidavit, Emom wrote that he had reviewed text messages — sent by Corwin to a friend — confirming her romantic relationship with Lee, and that the couple had taken a day trip to celebrate Corwin's pregnancy on the day she disappeared.

I'm a tad lost. Are there areas in Joshua Park National Park designated for hunting?? or are they searching there specifically because there is evidence she may have been "dropped off" or disposed of there?

And who, pray tell, told LE she was headed out on a special hunting trip?

On the day she disappeared, Erin Corwin, 20, had planned to meet with her neighbor, CBL, 24, who had planned to take her to spend a "special day together" on a hunting trip, according to documents filed in a Joshua Tree courthouse.

"It is highly likely that Erin could have been harmed by an unknown firearm," detectives wrote in court documents. "Sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was deactivated (turned off). Detectives believe if Erin was injured and left at an undisclosed location, she would not (be) able to call for help."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...christopher-lee-arrest/12961823/?sf28800445=1

No, That's what I was asking. We need people to ask locals down there for this kind of information. to ask if anyone has seen two people and a red car in the area. That's what I mean.

Agreed. I think regardless of what they know - they should still have been posting fliers about the the red car and her photo.

So it comes down to text messages again, as it so often does...jmo

The stable???

Along these lines, I suggested earlier that maybe Erin met up with someone to attend a horse show (or fill in any activity). Since horses are an interest, I think horse related activity on a Saturday is a possibility.

get ready for the old;

"i accidentally shot her/she accidentally shot herself/the gun just went off... i panicked and left to get help, then i dont remember what happened and i woke up at home..."

Knox do you want the text and document or just text or document

I just got a cold feeling when I read in the article that he was supposed to take Erin to an undisclosed location about 2 hours away. Can anyone verify if a body was really found today in La Habra ( about 2 hours away) ?!

SB County Sheriff @sbcountysheriff Death Investigation- Adelanto Police Find Unknown Deceased Victim in a Home Following a Fire

I am guessing the info about a hunting trip came from someone's texts messages.

On mobile I'm getting a large, perfectly readable document.

Interesting as nothing there to even enlarge on "real" computer. Something you can take screen shot of and post here while we wait for one of the media to get around to a good old-fashioned PDF?

Nice way from them to get clicks though, eh?

I am guessing the info about a hunting trip came from someone's texts messages.

Yeah, I think you may be correct. When I went back to the story to find something, it was 30-second read and was too busy pulling my jaw up off the floor and hadn't really had time to read for real or process anything. And bemoaning they threw all that info up without taking a few minutes to scan doc to PDF.

Greta is going to report soon, "news straight from NCIS is next" (after commercial), about Erin's case.
Fox News.

Here it is, the media is blowing this case wide open. I sure hope LE is ready to make an arrest.
If they have enough evidence to make an arrest. Just because she was supposedly with CL doesnt mean he is responsible for her disappearance. Someone else could have found them together and did something to EC. Something couldve happened after she left CL. Something couldve happened after she got home but before LE was notified. LE needs more...they need a witness, forensic evidence (they might just be waiting on results), a body....a confession, etc. It does no good to rush the investigation and arrest process. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90