GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually angry right now. One thing at a time. Was Erin seen on camera driving her vehicle off base on the morning of June 28. This video should be easy to locate because the time was 7:00 a.m. or maybe a little bit later than that.

Are you thinking she may have been killed the night of the 27th, early 28th? Driven off base in her own car by someone else, and disposed of in JT (or anywhere for that matter). Suspect drove her car back to area it was found in and they walked/got a ride back on base?

And this makes me think about Jon. What did she perceive his role in all this? She apparently told him she was expecting. It's unclear whether or not she told him it could be Chris'. But if she planned a life with Chris after he got out of the military, how does Jon fit in to this? Did she love Chris enough to leave Jon for him? Did she love Jon at all? Why tell him on Father's Day that she's pregnant if she thought the baby might be Chris'? That would be cruel. So she must have told Jon, letting him believe he was Daddy. And if it were Chris', she was going to pass the baby off as Jon's. That's my thought anyway.
I would think Erin had to start this texting with her friend long before the last one. I imagine there were questions asked by this friend along the way. I would have asked what she planned to tell JC and what she planned for the future. Unless her friend is very polite and passive, she knows a lot. These texts can all be retrieved and I hope they are.

I think all the confusion happened in discussing whether the crime scene is on the base or off it. Obviously, CL was military at the time of the crime, wherever it was.

I was thinking out loud that if the crime scene was ON BASE, NCIS would take the lead for obvious reasons and if the crime scene was OFF BASE, then SBCSO would take the lead for obvious reason. What I was getting at, was whoever is lead agency in this drama could be a clue whether they know that the scene happened on base or off base. IMO.

I never dreamed we would get to 7 threads. I thought this case would be solved quickly when it was first posted...especially since Erin was not reported missing for 24 hrs. I was very surprised when all the details started coming out. Please find Erin! I don't want her to be like Brittney Wood who has been missing over 2 years now...and other young ladies.

I never dreamed we would get to 7 threads. I thought this case would be solved quickly when it was first posted...especially since Erin was not reported missing for 24 hrs. I was very surprised when all the details started coming out. Please find Erin! I don't want her to be like Brittney Wood who has been missing over 2 years now...and other young ladies.

I actually didn't get involved on the threads because I expected that Erin would be found quickly. I checked in often and joined the FB group but I never dreamed that Erin would remain missing for any real period of time. I was sure that the cute, little pregnant girl had gotten distracted or lost in JT and at the worst she had suffered another miscarriage or some other medical condition and was just waiting on help. Now I want to hope that she simply opted to leave on her own and get her head straight but I fear that, much like Susan Powell, she is very well hidden.

Reasons I believe CL is guilty:

1. CL lied to LE at first & said he didn't really know Erin that well.
2. CL lied when LE talked to him again by saying he & Erin only kissed. (It's easier to tell the truth
because the truth never changes. CL changed lies to match evidence.)
3. CL was gone during same time frame Erin was to be gone.
4. CL's tires matched the tire tracks found by Erin's car. (How unlucky for him if he isn't guilty.)
5. CL needs an alibi for the 29th.
6. CL can't keep his lies straight. (He not only got berated by NL...but it makes him look bad to LE.)
7. CL has 40 caliber cartridge casings in vehicle...but no gun to match those shells. (Surely, there is
a reason for having those if he is innocent...ex...those were my friends when we went shooting.)
8. CL's wife is discussing "unable to prosecute for not having a body" with IM. (Aren't they more worried
about "finding" Erin at this point...sheesh...you knew her personally...let's find her & then worry about
prosecuting someone!)
9. CL was arrested & must come back from Alaska for having a potato gun.

Feel free to add more that I probably missed!

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

I think all the confusion happened in discussing whether the crime scene is on the base or off it. Obviously, CL was military at the time of the crime, wherever it was.

I was thinking out loud that if the crime scene was ON BASE, NCIS would take the lead for obvious reasons and if the crime scene was OFF BASE, then SBCSO would take the lead for obvious reason. What I was getting at, was whoever is lead agency in this drama could be a clue whether they know that the scene happened on base or off base. IMO.

It isn't entirely impossible that Erin's car left base with two people inside the car. Of course, unless evidence to the contrary has been uncovered. But we don't even know if video exists of Erin leaving around 7:00 a.m. The base tapes would not have been examined by July 2 imo. Not until a thorough investigation was underway in the days that followed. The car wasn't discovered until June 30.

Are you thinking she may have been killed the night of the 27th, early 28th? Driven off base in her own car by someone else, and disposed of in JT (or anywhere for that matter). Suspect drove her car back to area it was found in and they walked/got a ride back on base?

Or left with someone else, in that case, LE would know exactly who she was with - either alone, with someone else who doesn't have to be anyone in particular, or she's not visible leaving base that morning at all.

2. CL lied when LE talked to him again by saying he & Erin only kissed. (It's easier to tell the truth
4. CL's tires matched the tire tracks found by Erin's car. (How unlucky for him if he isn't guilty.)
6. CL can't keep his lies straight. (He not only got berated by NL...but it makes him look bad to LE.)
7. CL has 40 caliber cartridge casings in vehicle...but no gun to match those shells. (Surely, there is
a reason for having those if he is innocent...ex...those were my friends when we went shooting.)
8. CL's wife is discussing "unable to prosecute for not having a body" with IM. (Aren't they more worried
about "finding" Erin at this point...sheesh...you knew her personally...let's find her & then worry about
prosecuting someone!)

Thank you. You did great.

Thank you. I did forget 2 huge factors...

More reasons I believe CL is guilty:

10. that Erin (a married woman) is possibly pregnant by CL who happens to have a wife & child.
11. CL is an active Marine and his having an affair with another Marine's wife could mean huge negative
implications for his future.

prosecuting someone!)

I would just add the warrants on July 1 early am, showing it was Apt D and F searched along with EC's and CL's vehicle. Links provided on this page:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

I am thinking that LE may well have video of her leaving the base, but alone. If they had video of her leaving with CL or someone who resembled CL, they probably would have put it in the warrant, Imo, to give more cause as to why they needed to search his house. Jmo

Ugh I'm so frustrated. I haven't had time to follow many cases on here. But each one I have followed the missing person has never been found. I pray, hope, search physically in person and on the internet, and check often hoping for a break in the case. I really hoped EC would have been found by now. There is just so much evil in this world.
:notgood:

I'm actually angry right now. One thing at a time. Was Erin seen on camera driving her vehicle off base on the morning of June 28. This video should be easy to locate because the time was 7:00 a.m. or maybe a little bit later than that.

I looked through all the old articles and could not find the answer to that question. I did find several articles saying that the base gave LE surveillance videos of that day for LE to review. But I do not know what was found.

My son works security at a California Naval Base. I asked him about surveillance cameras. He said he is 100% certain that they would have several views of her coming and going from the base. He says that all of the bases have dozens and dozens of aerial cameras and street views and drone views and who knows what. He sometimes has to go review security incidents on base and says he is given a large array of views of the gates, entering and exiting. Not to mention each road within the base.

http://www.examiner.com/article/eri...se-surveillance-footage-adds-to-police-search

eta: he works for Homeland Security. The cameras are set up to prevent invasions from terrorists, so they have to be very clear and concise images.

Unfortunately, we dont know the answer to your question. We can guess that LE believes she did because theybhave been searching off post. We can guess because her car is off post and because her friend said texts said she was planning to be off base that day. The only facts we have seen were limited and leaked. If its on the probanle cause statement I trust its fact. Some witnesses might be stating facts but they might not be so those things figure into my theories but could change if more evidence comes out.

Jmo I would have known that at sixteen, lol.

As I would have too!

And I also would have known at 16 (and long before!)...

• That sex can lead to pregnancy.
  • That if you're in a (supposed) committed relationship with someone, having a relationship that's more than platonic with someone else, that other parties (SO of either parties) are very likely to not take that especially well. (Heck that's even true with school girl 'best friends' in a lot of cases - never mind applying it to dating or marriage, etc.)
  • That a relationship with someone other than my spouse (whenever I were to be married) would be a recipe for disaster, heartache, and a lot of other things.
  • That a relationship with someone other than my spouse who was ALSO married would be an even a BIGGER recipe for disaster.

Add in that it's not like we can't think Erin didn't KNOW she was fertile and could get pregnant - she had just gotten pregnant a few months earlier.

And while others seemed to be aware of things, they were also NOT just flaunting what was going around in front of everyone. (Or we'd have known all of this from the get go and it'd not have been dismissed quite as easily as it was when the radio station finally broke it).

Which also means she either knew: a) it was wrong or b) someone was likely to be unhappy if they found out about it.

So while yeah, I guess some could say she was naive based on her age (I realize you're not saying that, Clu!) and not 'wise into the ways of men' or something, a whole lot of those things are things that MOST teens even far younger than her would know.

And two of the very key things her own actions disprove at least some degree of possible naivety.

But that's JMHO :)

And I was neither married in my teens or even dating at that age, let alone married to one person and having any sort of intimate relationship (physical or emotional) with another person that was not my spouse or SO. So there are some who would have said that I'd have been naive about men at that point.

Yet there is no way I'd have done any of what has gone on in this situation, if for no other reason than frankly I'd not have seen ANYTHING that could have come out of it that wasn't almost certainly going to lead to trouble.

prosecuting someone!)

^^^^This..yes!

When interviewed by The Desert Sun on Friday, Megli said the first two statements were misconstrued by detectives who wrote the affidavit. Nichole Lee made these statements while chatting casually at the horse ranch, discussing the Corwin disappearance and similar mysteries, comparing them to the clichès of television crime drama.

Megli said Nichole Lee was worried her husband would accidentally incriminate himself — even if he hadn't done anything wrong — if he was grilled by detectives.

Finally, Megli insisted that Nichole Lee never said police "missed something" in the garage, but actually remarked that police had simply not searched the garage at all. Nichole Lee was thankful police skipped the garage because the couple had packed their belongings in preparation to move out of the apartment, and deputies would have torn through the packaging during the search.

There was no conversation about a clue being missed, Megli said.

"I never said that," Megli said Friday. "If I would have heard that there was 'something' in the garage, don't you think I would have called the police?"

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...tion/13202339/

:back:

Quite frankly Ms. Megli, no I don't think you would have called because you never
uttered a word about Erin's disappearance on your web pages ONCE PRIOR to your 7-16 video interview and that was a good 19 days since she was reported missing...smh :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000