Identified! CA - Fontana, WhtFem 662UFCA, 25-35, hit by car, Aug'85 - Marguerite O'Brien

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it weren't for Elizabeth Maggard having brown eyes..id say she were a good match. She's namUs mp#74. My PC is occupied ATM and if I were on it Id post a link. Jmo

Seven ruleouts on Namus https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2605

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Maureen Baca 1950 California
Ramona Beal 1970 California
Dorothy May Rusnak Caylor 1944 California
Carmen Hetrick 1956 Colorado
Judith O'Donnell 1961 Michigan
Linda Pleva 1949 Oregon
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

I wonder what the chances are that the UID did have brown eyes and the ME mistook the clouding of the cornea as a blue iris? I know that seems farfetched a..but not impossible, right? Jmo

Poking a little deeper: the characteristics section says the UID has blue eyes, but the text under circumstances says, " She was described as between 25 and 35 years of age, 5'8" (68 inches), 150 lbs, with light-brown hair (4 to 6" inches length) and blue or hazel eyes." My emphasis. Hazel to brown is not a big jump at all.

Maggard is listed at 5'7", within an inch. When she went missing in July 1984, she weighed 125 lbs., but she had a year to gain weight.

The scars don't match.

Maggard's DNA is still being processed, apparently, so there wouldn't have been an automatic ruleout. They both have dentals.

True. Are we leaning towards Maggard not being a possible on account of scars? she looks soo close. **sigh**

I don't know. Need to see if they're scars she could have acquired after she went missing.

I was reading her clothes description on her namus profile and they dont match up with the pictures?

If it weren't for Elizabeth Maggard having brown eyes..id say she were a good match. She's namUs mp#74. My PC is occupied ATM and if I were on it Id post a link. Jmo

I just can't see this JD being Maggard. It sounds like hubby might have done something to her disappearance. Plus, it's a long way to California from Cincinnati (the closest big city to where she went missing).

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/maggard_elizabeth.html

I see what you mean. I've read some articles on her disappearance. I'm not 100% sold on her either. The clothing is a good point, too. A person can get new clothes in a year. People intentionally go missing, too. For a number of reasons. Maybe she was afraid and ran from him, in turn backing out of the custody battle? Starting over somewhere new? Oh who knows? I'm solely going on physical appearance and potentially matching the description, at this time. It's just truly sad that she hasn't had a name in 20 years. Someone misses this woman, someone in her family has to think of her at Christmas. I hope that cherry doe can get a name. <3

She's a very long shot, I agree, and there are a couple of big negatives. Neither the clothes nor being in California are among the issues for me; she would have changed clothes, and the year that passed gave her plenty of time to get there. California is a popular destination for people who want to start their lives over. If the ex-husband came in, took the kid, and beat her up, she might have run away with nothing just to get out alive. It seems unlikely, but I know somebody that happened to.

I understand abusive relationships all too well. I can totally see where someone would be completely afraid for their life during a custody battle. Unfortunately.

To Pearly...Cherry Doe is my sister - Marguerite O'Brien. I submitted DNA from me and from my niece (Marguerite's daughter) last year and on Thursday of last week, was notified that they found a match.
So grateful to have found her - so thoughtful that you noticed her. She was a beautiful person
Eileen

To Pearly...Cherry Doe is my sister - Marguerite O'Brien. I submitted DNA from me and from my niece (Marguerite's daughter) last year and on Thursday of last week, was notified that they found a match.
So grateful to have found her - so thoughtful that you noticed her. She was a beautiful person
Eileen

Thanks for letting us know. Even though I'm sure you would have preferred to have found her alive, I'm happy for you that you finally know what happened to her.

I would have never known from her photo that she was the same person. It appears that she was traveling around the country for a full year after you last saw her.

adb989d7-7cc7-4502-8d76-7e98b9b03ec1.jpg
72ef6332-8b88-4ce2-8b90-eddb1bac1ba1.jpg

Eileen

I am so sorry for your loss, EileenMary. I hope you and others who loved your beautiful sister can have some measure of peace now.

What a beautiful woman she was. I'm sorry you lost her like that.

What a beautiful woman she was. I'm sorry you lost her like that.

This is an amazing site. I never saw it until after we found out she was Jane Doe #1385.
We are so fortunate to have located her. So many missing people...so many unidentified remains.

This is an amazing site. I never saw it until after we found out she was Jane Doe #1385.
We are so fortunate to have located her. So many missing people...so many unidentified remains.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have too many friends missing daughters, sons; sisters. Some are known deceased (yet no body), but some are not.
While you're fortunate to have answers; I'm sure it was a huge shock. When you & your niece gave DNA; was it to compare to Cherry or for her missing persons profile?

Hello,
Thank you for your condolences.
What happened is that last year I found the website Namus.gov. There was a contact email address on the site so I emalieda nd asked how I could go about getting my sister's profile on there. i then went through the process of getting the missing persons report that was filed in 1985, working with the police. Once it was filed, and a photo was added, we were then able to submit our DNA. Namus sent the DNA kit to the police department. I had no idea that WebSleuths existed until after the DNA was matched. A fmily member did a websearch on 1985 San Bernardino CA becuase we were given a date/place we culd look for her that way.

Does this answer your question?

Eileen

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have too many friends missing daughters, sons; sisters. Some are known deceased (yet no body), but some are not.
While you're fortunate to have answers; I'm sure it was a huge shock. When you & your niece gave DNA; was it to compare to Cherry or for her missing persons profile?

Hello,
Thank you for your condolences.
What happened is that last year I found the website Namus.gov. There was a contact email address on the site so I emalieda nd asked how I could go about getting my sister's profile on there. i then went through the process of getting the missing persons report that was filed in 1985, working with the police. Once it was filed, and a photo was added, we were then able to submit our DNA. Namus sent the DNA kit to the police department. I had no idea that WebSleuths existed until after the DNA was matched. A fmily member did a websearch on 1985 San Bernardino CA becuase we were given a date/place we culd look for her that way.

Does this answer your question?

Eileen

Yes; so thankful you found NamUs; but I can't imagine the shock to get a match. ~Hugs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back