GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
-- 2013 — a deputy was assigned to investigate a report Gabriel was being sexually abused by an uncle. No police report was filed by the deputy.

-- April, 2013 — a security guard says he was yelled at by a Palmdale Station Sheriff’s deputy when he called 9-1-1 to report he saw Gabriel was, “bruised all over his body, had black eyes, numerous injuries, and had burns all over his body,” Hatami wrote. “The security guard was actually screamed at by Deputy Soukop of the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station on the “911” call because she [deputy] said that a child being burned was not an emergency.”

Read more: http://kfiam640.iheart.com/articles...-palmdale-child-abuse-14956204/#ixzz4FmELNzSc
I'm about to lose it. This is INSANE. HOW IS THIS NOT AN EMERGENCY?? if I had been in Gabriel's life, I'd probably be on trial for kidnapping, and possibly hurting a few people. This is tearing my heart to pieces.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

And THAT is the saddest part of this all... I read this and say to myself at least he's at peace now... In thinking this, I'm pretty much relieved that he's dead because humanity has failed him so miserably that death was his only saving grace....wtf... What kind of sick world are we in to be "relieved" to hear a child escaped this hell on earth through his death??!! Something in this picture doesn't fit. Relieved-child-death. I'm disgusted... This kid deserves more. This case should literally go down in history by making an example out of any and all knowledgeable parties that failed him. This could have and should have been stopped numerous times.
If these agencies are sooo over worked, then they should treat it as a state of emergency and ask anyone and everyone to help! These children are our future for heaven's sake! If they are being abused at home, and live to adult hood it only continues this cycle of horrible parenting because they know no better!
We need to get a clue. Animals at the zoo are better parents than some of us will ever be! Sad, sad, sad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have to disagree with you on children being abused continuing the cycle. While I do not have my own children, I have been a nanny, and worked in other ways with children one on one. I would consider myself to be patient, kind, loving, fun, and safe with these kids. I would NEVER subject them to what I endured as a child.

Thank you so much LaborDayRN for bringing my attention to little Gabriel and for keeping his thread updated all this time.

I made the mistake of reading from the very beginning, every post, every link, before I had to go out and run errands. All I wanted to do was weep for this precious boy. I'm just stunned it's been almost 4 years and there has still been no justice.

What his sick excuse for a mother (and her filthy boyfriend) did to this boy is unthinkable, but so is the lack of protection from the case workers & supervisors. :gaah:
I know. It's after 9am, and I can't get out of bed. I'm stuck in terrible sadness and anxiety over sweet Gabriel. I'm also wondering what other children around us are in similar situations. :(

Thanks for posting about this thread in the Semaj thread LaborDayRN & thank you for keeping this one going. Just finished reading it from beginning to end, and I am shook. That poor boy [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome J4cknsal1y. Thank you for taking the time to read it. **Justice for Gabriel**

I've been thinking about his siblings.

1. I'm wondering if they survived this horror themselves. Were they given this same torture?

2. I hope they have been in intensive treatment. Witnessing something like this as an adult would be enough to throw me off the edge. But pre-teens and teenagers? Who knows how long they saw this. I am certain it MESSED THEM UP. I am so hurt and angry on their behalf, too.

Apparently........as is the case with some abusers........Gabriel was the focus of much of the abuse. That doesn't mean the others didn't suffer abuse as well.

You know what? I wish everyone on WS (and everywhere) would read the details of what happened to Gabriel. Obviously for his memory, but I'm specifically thinking of MCET and I'm sure others, when people ask "if they were a victim why didn't they just run away from the abuser?" And then they claim the victim is with the monster(s) willingly. Sure, victims COULD run away after school, from home, at the grocery store, etc. BUT, when you are the one being victimized, that's not how you look at it. It makes me really frustrated when people make statements like that. I had an abusive parent (NOT TO THE EXTENT OF GABRIEL). I never once even considered running, even as a teenager. I don't remember it even crossing my mind. I remember once running to my friend's house down the street, after a particularly awful and humiliating experience, but I didn't think of staying at their house. We walked to school together, and I went back home.

When I was around that parent (who, oddly, I'm now close to), my focus was on being as "perfect" as possible. I was always hypervigilant, checking their mood. Are they mad at me? If I say something right now, are they going to listen about my day at school, or become angry that I'm "running my mouth" again. I was always trying to please that parent. Even as a teenager, up until I left for college. I could have ran, I could have reported, I could have done lots of things. But most of these kids, IMO, don't see it that way. And often, I believe it's shame, it's fear of everyone finding out, etc. And, of course, in my situation, I was afraid no one would believe me. I grew up in a perfect-looking suburban, upper middle class family. From the outside no one would have ever guessed it. To this day I've had boyfriends who, after meeting my parents, didn't believe me!!!

/rant

I'm so sorry you experienced this Dateline. You are not alone. I myself was raised in a very dysfunctional home. Alcohol and abuse (mostly verbal, but vicious and constant). As for Gabriel, I believe according to his teacher he talked of suicide. I can't even imagine...........a child of 8 contemplating suicide.........

Apparently........as is the case with some abusers........Gabriel was the focus of much of the abuse. That doesn't mean the others didn't suffer abuse as well.

I've been thinking about his siblings as well. How they're doing, where they are now, if they got the counselling they clearly would have needed. I just hope they're in a healthy, loving home and doing well.

I'm so sorry you experienced this Dateline. You are not alone. I myself was raised in a very dysfunctional home. Alcohol and abuse (mostly verbal, but vicious and constant). As for Gabriel, I believe according to his teacher he talked of suicide. I can't even imagine...........a child of 8 contemplating suicide.........

I'm sorry you went through this, too. It takes a lot to recover. Even with really great therapy in adulthood, I struggle with certain things to this day. I believe our histories help us to identify with these sweet kids. And are a testament that they can recover and do great things in life. Sadly, too many aren't given the chance. :(

I had the same thought about suicide. That's such a tender, young age to be thinking of such a thing. Heartbreaking.

P.S. I'm going to be a nurse soon, too!

I've been thinking about his siblings as well. How they're doing, where they are now, if they got the counselling they clearly would have needed. I just hope they're in a healthy, loving home and doing well.
Same. Often foster homes can be just as bad or worse than the house the kids are removed from. I used to work in an emergency shelter. So CPS or LE brought kids straight to us (or first the hospital in some cases), and I remember losing sleep and having nightmares from some of these kids' stories. There was a one year old in our care. She was removed from her foster home. She was missing about a third of her hair from the scalp. Turns out, these foster monsters picked her up by her hair. :( I hope these kids are in a safe place.

I'm sorry you went through this, too. It takes a lot to recover. Even with really great therapy in adulthood, I struggle with certain things to this day. I believe our histories help us to identify with these sweet kids. And are a testament that they can recover and do great things in life. Sadly, too many aren't given the chance. :(

I had the same thought about suicide. That's such a tender, young age to be thinking of such a thing. Heartbreaking.

P.S. I'm going to be a nurse soon, too!

Oh! I'm so glad you are going into nursing!! We need all the caring, compassionate people we can get! I'm one who truly believes nursing is a calling. Happy to have you join us!! :loveyou:

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to RN for posting about this in Semaj's thread. #Justiceforgabriel

My step kids mother is nowhere near this bad, but she focused it all on the now 16 year old. He was always her scapegoat. He now lives with us 100% of the time and he rarely speaks to her.

Same. Often foster homes can be just as bad or worse than the house the kids are removed from. I used to work in an emergency shelter. So CPS or LE brought kids straight to us (or first the hospital in some cases), and I remember losing sleep and having nightmares from some of these kids' stories. There was a one year old in our care. She was removed from her foster home. She was missing about a third of her hair from the scalp. Turns out, these foster monsters picked her up by her hair. :( I hope these kids are in a safe place.

I believe at some point pearl's parents had custody of Gabriel and treated him well. It she regained custody of him. Maybe the siblings are with her parents?

Thanks for posting about this thread in the Semaj thread LaborDayRN & thank you for keeping this one going. Just finished reading it from beginning to end, and I am shook. That poor boy [emoji17]

I too was alerted to this case from the Semaj thread thanks to LaborDayRN. Shocked to the core.

You know what? I wish everyone on WS (and everywhere) would read the details of what happened to Gabriel. Obviously for his memory, but I'm specifically thinking of MCET and I'm sure others, when people ask "if they were a victim why didn't they just run away from the abuser?" And then they claim the victim is with the monster(s) willingly. Sure, victims COULD run away after school, from home, at the grocery store, etc. BUT, when you are the one being victimized, that's not how you look at it. It makes me really frustrated when people make statements like that. I had an abusive parent (NOT TO THE EXTENT OF GABRIEL). I never once even considered running, even as a teenager. I don't remember it even crossing my mind. I remember once running to my friend's house down the street, after a particularly awful and humiliating experience, but I didn't think of staying at their house. We walked to school together, and I went back home.

When I was around that parent (who, oddly, I'm now close to), my focus was on being as "perfect" as possible. I was always hypervigilant, checking their mood. Are they mad at me? If I say something right now, are they going to listen about my day at school, or become angry that I'm "running my mouth" again. I was always trying to please that parent. Even as a teenager, up until I left for college. I could have ran, I could have reported, I could have done lots of things. But most of these kids, IMO, don't see it that way. And often, I believe it's shame, it's fear of everyone finding out, etc. And, of course, in my situation, I was afraid no one would believe me. I grew up in a perfect-looking suburban, upper middle class family. From the outside no one would have ever guessed it. To this day I've had boyfriends who, after meeting my parents, didn't believe me!!!

/rant

I'm with you on this all the way. I grew up in an emotionally and physically abusive/alcoholic/dysfunctional home, and I actually did try to run away several times. Each time, the cops would bring me back and give me a lecture on how I needed to straighten up, respect my parents, and remind me that 'spanking' was a legal form of punishment.

Once, I called 911 from a locked bathroom because my father was going to beat me with a belt. They sent officers to our home, only to let me know my father was legally allowed to discipline me as he saw fit.

I was labeled as 'rebellious'.

I felt like there was nothing I could do to escape. It's such a helpless feeling as a child.

At 17, I finally had enough. I was in a serious physical altercation with my father, which led to me running out the front door and jumping into my car. He broke his hand trying to punch the glass out of the driver side door before I got away. I never returned. Our family dissolved after that, resulting in a divorce for my parents, loss of our home, etc. I carried the guilt of that for many years. I felt I had abandoned my younger brother as well.

I recently learned that my mother never knew what had transpired that day. She thought I was just being rebellious and left without incident. Of course my father never told her what he'd done.

My mother, brother and I are close as can be, but we are estranged from my father. He's a narcissist and alcoholic and still thinks we are ungrateful children who can't see all he did for us.

When abuse and dysfunction is all you know, it's not abnormal. It's just the way it is. When you are repeatedly reaching out to outsiders and they dismiss your cries for help, you start to accept and believe that this is all there is. It's nothing short or nightmarish.

I'm with you on this all the way. I grew up in an emotionally and physically abusive/alcoholic/dysfunctional home, and I actually did try to run away several times. Each time, the cops would bring me back and give me a lecture on how I needed to straighten up, respect my parents, and remind me that 'spanking' was a legal form of punishment.

Once, I called 911 from a locked bathroom because my father was going to beat me with a belt. They sent officers to our home, only to let me know my father was legally allowed to discipline me as he saw fit.

I was labeled as 'rebellious'.

I felt like there was nothing I could do to escape. It's such a helpless feeling as a child.

At 17, I finally had enough. I was in a serious physical altercation with my father, which led to me running out the front door and jumping into my car. He broke his hand trying to punch the glass out of the driver side door before I got away. I never returned. Our family dissolved after that, resulting in a divorce for my parents, loss of our home, etc. I carried the guilt of that for many years. I felt I had abandoned my younger brother as well.

I recently learned that my mother never knew what had transpired that day. She thought I was just being rebellious and left without incident. Of course my father never told her what he'd done.

My mother, brother and I are close as can be, but we are estranged from my father. He's a narcissist and alcoholic and still thinks we are ungrateful children who can't see all he did for us.

When abuse and dysfunction is all you know, it's not abnormal. It's just the way it is. When you are repeatedly reaching out to outsiders and they dismiss your cries for help, you start to accept and believe that this is all there is. It's nothing short or nightmarish.

It's amazing to read what others have suffered growing up. I was also raised in an alcoholic home. The abuse was mostly verbal, but constant and horrible. My heart just breaks reading what young Gabriel went through. He must have felt so alone.

I have to disagree with you on children being abused continuing the cycle. While I do not have my own children, I have been a nanny, and worked in other ways with children one on one. I would consider myself to be patient, kind, loving, fun, and safe with these kids. I would NEVER subject them to what I endured as a child.

You are not the only Sleuther who posted nearly the same words as yours above. One who posted here and is of retirement age now, still sees a therapist, but she is very strong now. She and her husband had several children, to whom she was kind and loving; she now has g-children and she is the same with them. She said she determined at an early age that she would never, ever do this to her children, and she never did.

I have seen this loving attitude in many, many people who had to endure a very tuff childhood, and they become champions against cruelty to children.

Bless your heart and rejoice in your well-earned victory.

Just found this thread I bookmarked a couple of days ago....

No words - as I don't want TOS - for these "people"....

fhc said:
snipped by me....

The boy had written a note saying he was thinking about suicide and his teacher told authorities he often appeared bruised and battered.

Geezus - an 8 year old boy contemplating suicide???!!! :eek: poor kid.... He'll never be harmed again! Fly high little one!

LaborDayRN said:
And "Mom" is pregnant again.

Hopefully this little one will go to a good home.... I say sterlize her and ALL these women that torture/abused their kids and KEEP HAVING THEM!!!! :

Oh I just realized this thread was started in 2013!

tiredblondy said:
Can a jury recommend that they be fed cat feces and sprayed all over with pepper spray and shot with bb's and beat with a baseball bat? If I was on the jury I would want to ask the judge that question.

And don't forget to put that sock in their mouth....

article said:
The mother of 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez and her then-boyfriend will plead guilty to murder and torture charges in the boy's death, sparing them the death penalty, two sources working closely on the case confirmed to NBC4 on Wednesday.
Pearl Fernandez and then-boyfriend Isauro Aguirre will receive life in prison without parole in exchange for their guilty pleas to first degree murder and torture with special circumstances. Both waived their right to appeal and will spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

Well GOOD!!

Oh geez.....
article said:
A man accused in the beating and torture death of 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez has decided not to take a plea deal to murder charges, according to sources close to the case.

Isauro Aguirre has not agreed to the deal that calls for life in prison without the possibility of parole and no appeals, the sources told NBC4 Thursday. The plan was for Aguirre and his ex-girlfriend, Pearl Fernandez, Gabriel's mother, to plead guilty to first degree murder and torture charges with special circumstances, sources close to the case said last week.

The defendants have until a Dec. 3 court hearing to accept the deal or not and go to trial on murder charges. The plea deal was officially submitted in court on Thursday.

What? He thinks he can get a better "deal" with a jury???!!!

article said:
LOS ANGELES – The prosecution announced Wednesday that it will seek the death penalty against a Palmdale couple The murder count includes the special circumstance allegation of murder involving the infliction of torture.

Aguirre was in present, but Fernandez was not in court Wednesday as Deputy District Attorney Jon Hatami made the announcement that the District Attorney’s Office is “going to seek the death penalty as to both defendants in this case.”

Fernandez and Aguirre are due back in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom July 14 for a pretrial hearing.charged with capital murder in the beating death of the woman’s 8-year-old son.

Oh good!

So :waiting: JUSTICE for GABRIEL :rose:

I'll be here June 20th and for trial Sept. 26th

:bump: up this thread for

JUSTICE for GABRIEL :rose:

hearing today....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors