GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, now for the social workers....

:waiting: Have seen no updates since their court hearing on Friday, Feb. 9th. None of them are in the LA court dockets.

I was about to say that I hope those cases don't get somehow "lost in the shuffle."
They were derelict more than once, and I really think that intervention by them to remove him from the home would have saved his life -- as so many of us have thought. I hope prosecutors find a charge that will really be true punishment -- and perhaps set a standard for the future handling of similar cases -- we have surely seen our share, and the results on the side of management of child welfare have been empty promises for the most part.

I was about to say that I hope those cases don't get somehow "lost in the shuffle."
They were derelict more than once, and I really think that intervention by them to remove him from the home would have saved his life -- as so many of us have thought. I hope prosecutors find a charge that will really be true punishment -- and perhaps set a standard for the future handling of similar cases -- we have surely seen our share, and the results on the side of management of child welfare have been empty promises for the most part.

Every time I think of him I see that picture of him with the dog. Such a sweet little boy. I hope those social workers go to jail and are made to look at his pictures every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked the LA County court dockets and nothing comes up for these 4 Soc. workers....

These are the dates I have from the Gabriel's Justice Facebook Group:

Mar 8
People v. Aguirre - Sentencing
Thu 8:30 AM · Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center · Los Angeles, CA

Apr 26
People v. Bom, et. all (Social Workers) Pretrial
Thu 8:30 AM · Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center · Los Angeles, CA

Jun 7
People v. Fernandez Sentencing
Thu 8:30 AM
210 W Temple St, Los Angeles, CA 90012-3206, United States

So nothing until March 8th at which time we should hear the official sentencing of IA. The following month, the social workers are in court. Justice is coming sweet Gabriel. :floating::rose:

Gabriel's birthday was 2/20. Many people took flowers, stuffed toys and balloons to a tree that is used as a local memorial. It was his 13th birthday. A sweet, happy 13 year old who loved animals. This world was too cruel for him. I believe he is happy, healthy and forever young in heaven. I have to believe that!

Thank you LaborDayRN very much for the update on the Soc. workers! I saw you posted this on Lucas' thread!

Thank you LaborDayRN very much for the update on the Soc. workers! I saw you posted this on Lucas' thread!

You're welcome Niner! IMO DCFS needs to be restructured across the board. Better training, more staff, smaller case loads etc......

This is so sad and sick.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/litany-of-torture-emerges-in-case-of-california-boy-gabriel-fernandez/

"...Fernandez and Aguirre reportedly called Gabriel gay, punished him when he played with dolls and forced him to wear girls' clothes to school, the siblings said...."

Good grief. That reason alone is enough to call CPS on them. I mean... they had some balls (excuse my language), basically "IN YOUR FACE" about mistreating him. Goodness gracious.

I saw this report on the local news last night. I almost threw my dinner plate at the tv screen. They said that Gabe's teachers had filed SIXTY ABUSE REPORTS with CPS!!!!!!! :furious:

His teacher and principal filed over 60 reports of abuse, many which included pictures of bruises and burns---BUT HE WAS NEVER REMOVED FROM THAT HELL HOLE!

If anyone deserves the DP these two monsters that killed him do. But I wish some of those workers that ignored the 60 abuse reports would be charged with something too.

If nothing else, he should have been removed based on the amount of reports alone. SIXTY! That's ridiculous. Over how long of a period? MSM makes it sound like he was only abused for a few months (which I highly doubt), but over a 2-3 month period, that's a call daily or every other day. That's INSANE!

Today's hearing seems to have been mostly about turning over some evidence which included some school emails and welfare documents. The judge also granted a protection order for Gabriel's siblings. Apparently, when DCSF terminated Pearl's parental rights, they sent her paperwork that included the siblings address. Sheesh!

The next pretrial hearing is Feb. 10th 2016. The trial should begin within 90 days of that hearing. I got this information off of the Gabriel's Justice facebook page and so far it's the only information I can find. It's strange that everyone locally rallied around this sweet little boy who was so sickeningly abused and murdered at first, but now I can't even find a MSM article to keep me updated. :(

I'm not going anywhere little one. :rose:

Do we know who his siblings are staying with?

his mom only had custody of him for like 7 months. previously he had lived w her parents I believe and was treated well by them. this case is horrific. that poor baby.

If nothing else, he should have been removed based on the amount of reports alone. SIXTY! That's ridiculous. Over how long of a period? MSM makes it sound like he was only abused for a few months (which I highly doubt), but over a 2-3 month period, that's a call daily or every other day. That's INSANE!

Thursday, March 8th:
*Sentencing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Isauro Aguirre (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom")) accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; Found Guilty on 11/15/17; Jury voted for Death on 12/13/17.

:judge:

Strange that no one - I have two - tweeters didn't report anything on "what happened" yesterday in the sentencing....

:dunno:

Anyone else find anything about yesterday?

TIA! :wave:

Okay - found some news:

Gabriel's Justice
Yesterday at 2:23am ·

Hello Community,
We have recieved notification that there will be a hearing tomorrow for Aguirre. This will be a simple continuance. However, the actual sentencing handed down by the presiding judge has been carried over until June 7th. This is the same day as Pearl's official sentencing. Thanks for your patience.

link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Justice4Gabriel/posts/?ref=page_internal

:gaah:

I'll add - the Social workers are due in court on April 26th.

So looks like Pearl and Isauro will be sentenced on the same date....

:judge:

:jail: for life for Pearl!!

Death for Isauro!!

Thursday, April 26th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 23, 2013) - Child Services personnel (Stephanie Rodrigues, Patricia Clement, and supervisors Kevin Bloom & Gregory Merritt) for one felony count child abuse & falsifying records. Had hearings on Oct. 20, 2017 & Feb. 9, 2018
Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder; DA seeks DP; last hearing Feb 15, 2018; pled guilty and will be sentenced on June 7th.
Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez); trial started 10/16/17; found guilty 11/15/17 & rec'd Death, will be sentenced on June 7th.

Strange - I had 2 of the names - Patricia Clement & Gregory Merritt - that I found on the court dockets before, but now I have to PAY???!!!! Could of sworn there was a site that was free....

Anyone? TIA!

Tried to look up the ones I know I've searched before - Patricia Clement and Gregory Merritt. But now the site is asking for a fee....

Oh well - if anyone in the local area hears anything - please post!

TIA! :wave:

I just saw that my last post was the same,.... I must be getting senile.... :doh:

Okay - found a round about way to find the next court hearing!

All have been moved to June 3rd.

edited to add: just realized June 3rd is a Sunday. Wondering if supposed to be that Friday, June 1st, as the one in April happened on a Friday.

In a couple of days I'll look again and see what they have....

Okay - I had them showing in court today; just looked at the court site and it looks the Pretrial hearing has been moved to June 26th @ 8:30am.

Pearl & Isauro will be sentenced on June 7th; Isauro at 8am & Pearl at 8:30am.

judge-smiley.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back