GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The longer Gavin Smith is missing, the more my theories dwindle, as well as my hope for finding him alive.

The car is key, and it hasn't been found. Yes, it could be long since gone in a chop shop, but that fate for the car does not explain why Gavin left his friend's house at such a time or hour, wearing borrowed purple pants also in which, from reports, he would not want to be seen in any kind of public place.

Of course, it's possible that he just went on a drive and met-up with a carjacker or whatever, but that's a 2nd stretch to the facts.

I'm sticking more to my theory that he went on a drive, and drove over a cliff. The terrain in the area is more than waiting for such a horrible accident to happen.

He could have driven over as a suicide, but that does not fit his character as reported. Although his 'personal' story as told on blogs might indicate, I do not believe he went-off to kill himself. I'd sooner believe he just went away to start a new life, but that seems less likely too as the days progress.

I hope he is found soon...his family certainly needs to know. I am holding hope that he is still alive, altho it is a very thin thread.

~jmo~

The longer Gavin Smith is missing, the more my theories dwindle, as well as my hope for finding him alive.

The car is key, and it hasn't been found. Yes, it could be long since gone in a chop shop, but that fate for the car does not explain why Gavin left his friend's house at such a time or hour, wearing borrowed purple pants also in which, from reports, he would not want to be seen in any kind of public place.

Of course, it's possible that he just went on a drive and met-up with a carjacker or whatever, but that's a 2nd stretch to the facts.

I'm sticking more to my theory that he went on a drive, and drove over a cliff. The terrain in the area is more than waiting for such a horrible accident to happen.

He could have driven over as a suicide, but that does not fit his character as reported. Although his 'personal' story as told on blogs might indicate, I do not believe he went-off to kill himself. I'd sooner believe he just went away to start a new life, but that seems less likely too as the days progress.

I hope he is found soon...his family certainly needs to know. I am holding hope that he is still alive, altho it is a very thin thread.

If he would have drove off a cliff,wouldn't the car have burst into flames? Surely someone must have noticed that?

It takes a lot to make a car explode. Most car accidents don't have explosions.

That being said, if he did go off in a place like Malibu, chances are he would be found within the next few months. Many people hike around there AND fire season always puts a lot of choppers in the air. While there are trees and shrubs, it isn't as dense as you would find in a PNW forest or a stand of midwestern trees.

I have only driven the malibu canyon route a dozen times or so and it always seems as though there is traffic- (witnesses)-- I am not sure if that would be true around the time of night, though.

It takes a lot to make a car explode. Most car accidents don't have explosions.

That being said, if he did go off in a place like Malibu, chances are he would be found within the next few months. Many people hike around there AND fire season always puts a lot of choppers in the air. While there are trees and shrubs, it isn't as dense as you would find in a PNW forest or a stand of midwestern trees.

I have only driven the Malibu canyon route a dozen times or so and it always seems as though there is traffic- (witnesses)-- I am not sure if that would be true around the time of night, though.

I agree I used to dive there to clear my mind, actually, but when dark, those curves can be dangerous since some parts of the canyons are not properly lit.

I agree I used to dive there to clear my mind, actually, but when dark, those curves can be dangerous since some parts of the canyons are not properly lit.

Totally! I would be sweating in nervousness every time I drove it. For those who have never been: hairpin turns, two lane road, cliff on one side and locals speeding down behind you and honking if you go too slow...

If GS did go this way- he must have been going to this beach or someone's home in Malibu. There is not much open that way at night. Unless he wanted to just drive around. But I totally wouldn't have picked this road to drive around this time at night.

But I guess we aren't sure exactly where he was going. He could be off the road somewhere else as well.

Posted today to internet.

http://laist.com/2012/05/16/family_invites_public_to_help_them.php

20th Century Fox executive Gavin Smith went missing over two weeks ago—and now his family is asking for the public's help finding him.

The sheriff's department will be coordinating a search this weekend to look for Smith in undisclosed "remote areas." The public is invited to help with the search alongside the family, according to a rep working with the family Howard Bragman.

Fresh news on this case is diminishing.

As of this writing, the family website appears not to have been updated since 5/17. Additionally, moderation has been reinstated and posts have been removed. Visitor entries are not dated, making it difficult to keep-up with what's new. The planned search for this weekend (Sat) has been canceled, and the Searched Areas section of the site as promised still shows no content.

Unfortunate, to say the least.

Perhaps the family has gone quiet because it is resigned to a sad outcome after nearly 3 weeks, and they are now dealing with their emotions...somewhat like Recovery mode rather than Rescue.

My heart goes out to them and to all who love Gavin.

~jmo~

I hope he is alive and just having a midlife crisis or something. Maybe he drove down to some beach in Mexico and after have nice long vacation will call his family. Much better than him being GONE, KWIM?

I've been reading these updates re: the sighting and in one of the articles the family spokesperson Bragman, said that this was old news and nothing has come of it. I wonder what the family/LE did when they received this news? Did they check out hotels in that area and cameras?

The Personal Trials of Missing Fox Movie Executive Gavin Smith

There are some interesting bits in the above-linked Daily Beast article dated today, this among them:

Smith left the house where he was staying on the night of May 1 without leaving any word or taking his belongings, and has not been seen or heard from since. Police have not disclosed where Smith drove the night he disappeared, but “he stayed in the Valley,” Sgt. John O’Brien says. “He was bouncing around the Valley or, at least, his phone was. We are talking about after bars close.”

~jmo~

Articles about the Morro Bay sighting have served one good purpose: Bringing this case back into the news.

Eyewitness reports are the least reliable. Gavin Smith isn't the only Central Coast visitor who might fit his description. As well, it is the only reported sighting of this couple. If he were hiding or fleeing his life, why so public? Etc & so on...

I'm confident that LE checked-out this report from more than 2 weeks ago and dismissed it as essentially irrelevant.

~jmo~

ETA: Apparently at least one family rep was still considering this sighting some 22 hours ago, and had posted on the Help Find Gavin Smith! facebook that it will all play-out in the next 24 hours or so.

One Month Later, Gavin Smith's Disappearance Remains a Complete Mystery

It was 31 days ago that Fox executive Gavin Smith drove away in his 2000 Mercedes 420E from the Oak Park neighborhood of Simi Hills, not to be heard from or seen since. While NBC Southern California’s Robert Kovacik reported last week that Smith might have been sighted at a Morro Bay restaurant on May 7, the information has yet to be corroborated by law enforcement authorities.

More: http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/gavin-smith-oak-park-simi-hills-kanan-road-may-1_b63609

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back