CA CA - Geneva Long, 27, Bakersfield, 29 July 1950

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since the estranged husband came and picked up both Geneva and their sons (plus the shovel!) does that mean that the sons would have been witness to whatever happened to their mother?
Did the boys ever coinfirm whether their mother made it back to Colorado with them? If anything occurred on the road? If she is known to have made it back to Monte Vista, CO that would at least narrow down the search area somewhat?

Since the estranged husband came and picked up both Geneva and their sons (plus the shovel!) does that mean that the sons would have been witness to whatever happened to their mother?
Did the boys ever coinfirm whether their mother made it back to Colorado with them? If anything occurred on the road? If she is known to have made it back to Monte Vista, CO that would at least narrow down the search area somewhat?
Sounds similar to Susan Powells disappearance

I don’t have an Ancestry subscription but if someone does, maybe this lady is listed there? Perhaps in someone tree. I wonder if she ever had children.
This is my mom's paternal aunt. She did have two children, both boys. My great grandmother and my grandpa grieved over her and both passed away never knowing exactly what happened. It is strongly believed by family, Jeannie (as she was called) would NEVER left her boys. Absolutely heartbreaking.

This is my mom's aunt. My mom was four years old in 1950 and the boys were were born after my mom. They were most likely too young to remember anything.

This is my mom's aunt. My mom was four years old in 1950 and the boys were were born after my mom. They were most likely too young to remember anything.
According to the 1950 census, the boys were 3 and 2, born in Colorado. Joseph worked at a gas station and Jeanne at a cafe, each worked 48 hours a week. I guess her mother must have watched the children.

Previous year family had lived in Rio Grande County CO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back