GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing anything in MSM regarding Gianni's services being held but it was posted on family members FB. Sharing the picture attached. It is very quiet and I'm surprised locally we didn't even hear about the services. On that note I'm glad the media is allowing the family the privacy they need to grieve and hopefully move forward.

I feel confident that LE is working hard behind the scenes. Although the description of the POI does not help the public. I'm sure the clothing has been destroyed long ago however there is the hope that someone familiar with this man will eventually come forward and do the right thing.

Attachments

• Gianni RIP.jpg
    Gianni RIP.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 86
I really hope this helps lead to something. I have yet to see a case on here where a reward did much good. That's not to say it hasn't happened, but I haven't seen it... I'd love to see a case where it worked, though.

I have to agree with you about rewards often not having the big, hoped-for results. Seems like I can't even remember a case where hiring a private eye helped that much, but I'm sure there must be some.

IMO, the formal investigation into this case is the only hope of finding out who killed these three vibrant people. However, it's going to take some serious LE hours, and we can only hope they will keep going until they solve this. It's been too quiet. Tell me the investigation is uncovering some motive. Who did this to Gianni, Ilona, and Salvatore?

I haven't had a chance to read through updates on here but I'm changing my lean towards it was a relative or someone close

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think it was a mob hit. I think the family (maybe dad) had some enemies.

In the beginning I thought it was a love triangle, but have since changed my mind.

I think the reward would need to be large. The person that spills the beans needs to be able to have protection. This person has already killed 3 people without any qualms. So what would he do to some one who dobbed him in? The reward money is no good if you don't live to be able to spend it.

There's some thing about this case coming on the news at 11 p.m. Has anybody caught this on another channel yet? I think it has something to do with the 911 call Ilona was able to make.

Then I totally got side tracked and missed the news. You know how it is. They tease you to watch, but I get busy and forget. Anyways, there was some new details on the 8News not posted on their site yet. Anybody know?

Then I totally got side tracked and missed the news. You know how it is. They tease you to watch, but I get busy and forget. Anyways, there was some new details on the 8News not posted on their site yet. Anybody know?

Oh, Curious!

I was absolutely fanging.....salivating for your update.

Poo.

:doh:

Oh, Curious!

I was absolutely fanging.....salivating for your update.

Poo.

:doh:

I know I heard the teaser news, but I can't find anything now. It wasn't my imagination. Sorry. I hope you didn't salivate on your computer. :smile: It's good to know others are still looking for answers. This is too much of a tragedy to be forgotten. Hope there's something on the morning news.

Good Night.....................................................:eek:fftobed:

I know I heard the teaser news, but I can't find anything now. It wasn't my imagination. Sorry. I hope you didn't salivate on your computer. :smile: It's good to know others are still looking for answers. This is too much of a tragedy to be forgotten. Hope there's something on the morning news.

Good Night.....................................................:eek:fftobed:

Thanks for trying! I kept looking for an update too. Hopefully someone saw it, or the story will be up by morning.

I too am waiting with bated breath for something to break here. I still think they spent too much time on the love triangle and none on other avenues.

I actually listen to this all play out on the scanner as it happened.

The little snippet that has been played back on local media is only a piece of it, and obviously only just the piece what what Ilona first said and then what the dispatcher radioed, not the rest w/ the call room or the rest w/ the dispatcher and what was aired to officers, etc. or any of the part of their search for her and then the ultimate discovery of the vehicle and her and Salvatore.

My hunch, from what I've heard, from living here for decades, and from having been there twice this past week (both before and after the shootings) and driving through the lot yesterday, is that it may NOT have all happened where they were found in the car.

I do believe it happened there in the area around the (actual) mall part of Mission Valley, though.

Everything (or at least all I was able to hear) was VERY calm. She never stated there was anyone else who had been shot, and while she couldn't state exactly where in the mall she was (this, and other part are part of why I don't think it's where they were ultimately found) she was very clear on the fact that that's where she was.

What's most remarkable is that she is the one who died from her injuries, despite having been the one who had called and who was very calm and not at all sounding like she was seriously injured or in pain.

My suspicion is that she had possibly been shot (the one in her abdomen, I'm guessing) made the 911 call and then made her way to Salvatore and the car or he/they were trying to take her for help. And that the rest of the shots - or the fatal shots - may have happened after that.

It was quite some time into it before any information about Gianni having been at the mall also came out. In fact, there are still differing opinions on whether or not he really WAS at the mall - some are saying he actually hadn't been seen since the night prior about 10 miles away in Tierrasanta.

Officers responded immediately, though several things made it seem like this may turn into another 'false call' that there had been a number of lately. There had also been several other violence related incidents that were still being investigated that day involving shootings, guns, or at least shots fired (or mixes of the three)

The SDPD helicopter was before officers and they actually didn't think ANY shops in the mall were still open for quite some time. The lot was quite empty and there were no heat sources popping up on his infrared. It wasn't until he got down to the further (and less high traffic area) by Macy's that they were seeing any heat sources. The thing he had said he couldn't check and needed to be done from the ground was the parking structure that's on the south side of Macy's by the AMC theatre there.

The first officers were finding the same thing - no one and nothing. It was because of heat sources at the end nearer to In & Out (across a small surface street from the back Macy's lot called Camino del Este) that then steered officers to focus their search for someone down there. That's the east side of the mall where the car was ultimately found.

Since this is getting long I'll write more in a second post.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24631133/new-details-revealed-in-triple-murder

updated - Ms. Flint was shot and killed after calling 911, according to this article.

:coffee: Wow, we need to hear the entire 911 call. I'm still watching the news. They said something about the CHP-California Highway Patrol and videos of the freeway traffic. Had to go back to Page One of this thread to bump TravelingBug's post. There was something odd about Ilona's 911 call right from the start.

"According to the incident report, Ilona Flint was apparently shot and killed after calling 911. Three minutes after the call was placed, Flint could be heard yelling that she had been shot."

Longer part of the news report is worth watching again because there's more details about the 911 call Ilona made.

Apparently, according to this news report and my own attempt to catch what they're saying so quickly, Ilona was working at the Macy's and Sal was picking her up. The 911 call at 1:10 a.m. was not about a shooting and there was some confusion about which mall, and at 1:13 there was an "ouch" mentioned by dispatcher, and by 1:14 a.m. Ilona must have passed. Right after, the dispatcher described a black male wearing that sweater with the stripes on the sleeves.

My question now is - did Ilona, herself, identify the shooter wearing that sweater in that 911 call or was that only from a witness? How distressing to think she was shot after the 911 call.

So then what do you think was the purpose of Ilona's 911 call? That someone was following them/had threatened them? Was there already a physical fight possibly in the parking lot and someone was hurt? Or did she call 911 because Sal was already shot or hurt? Did she describe the shooter (person who may have been following/threatening them)?

So then what do you think was the purpose of Ilona's 911 call? That someone was following them/had threatened them? Was there already a physical fight possibly in the parking lot and someone was hurt? Or did she call 911 because Sal was already shot or hurt? Did she describe the shooter (person who may have been following/threatening them)?

All such good questions. I really want and need to hear that entire 911 call. IMO, the public needs to know more details to help LE soon after these events happen. These reports only make us feel helpless and confused.

It's depressing to hear LE still doesn't know what happen to the Mc Stays. I pray this case doesn't remain a mystery, too. Who did this to Salvatore, Ilona, and Gianni? Are they still out there thinking they might get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3