GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not everyone knows, Target is an anchor store at the MV mall.
O/T...My DIL and I were followed out of that Target by a strange fellow when I was visiting in November. He walked 2-3 behind us, literally on our heels. We quickly went into the Payless store and he followed, stood there, shifting foot to foot, and only left when the clerk asked him what he needed. Never have been back though I've been on contract in San Diego for 4 months now.

That is the scariest part of this tragedy. From what I know there were no ties between the victims and the suspect. I feel strongly it was a thrill kill or some fascination with one of the victims. Ilona was extremely
Code:
friendly maybe she was nice to the wrong person? Hopefully the police report will be released weds. There we no drugs in any of the victims system and no history of abuse. Whoever did this is sick and for the first time in my life I feel strongly in favor of the death penalty. The family did everything they could to keep their kids wholesome and caring.

My gut feeling is he was enamored with beautiful Ilona. I think he hatched a plan, overcame Gianni in the parking lot and commandeered his car (thus the pings), and waited for Ilona to exit work and come to the car. But she didn't see the car (wasn't at the normal meeting place) and Gianni couldn't answer his phone, so Ilona called Sal. Then CM sees her enter Sals car and approaches them. They've seen him, she recognizes him, and they know he has Gianni's car. He can't let them stay alive as witnesses. I believe Ilona would have been kidnapped at gunpoint that night had she gone to Gianni's car. MHO MOO

Sorry WS buddies for not posting more in the past few days but SDHelps grounded me...haha jk sort of. The family does not know the motivation and are in the dark as much as we are. A while back after I sat with the family and I said I changed my mind to random, I am still leaning that way. Gianni's phone last pinged at the Mission Valley Mall around the time of the murders. Maybe he did follow Carlo? Stranger things have happened. For whatever reason police believed Gianni's car was at the mall and that is why the family made the plea for his safe return. The family thought Gianni was alive up until the car was found in fact they were pretty sure he was alive. Is it really too far fetched to say this guy is a serial killer?

BBM and OT:

Just to clarify she was not grounded and has done a wonderful job on the FB page! But...within hours of CM's arrest she posted the picture of what we now know as CM on the FB page :scared: I simply took it down and said "no" not until we get it verified by MSM especially after the last debacle with the wrong picture. So she was banned from posting the picture for a couple days but not grounded :floorlaugh:

But I must say as soon as that picture went up the local media stations all started liking the page!

My gut feeling is he was enamored with beautiful Ilona. I think he hatched a plan, overcame Gianni in the parking lot and commandeered his car (thus the pings), and waited for Ilona to exit work and come to the car. But she didn't see the car (wasn't at the normal meeting place) and Gianni couldn't answer his phone, so Ilona called Sal. Then CM sees her enter Sals car and approaches them. They've seen him, she recognizes him, and they know he has Gianni's car. He can't let them stay alive as witnesses. I believe Ilona would have been kidnapped at gunpoint that night had she gone to Gianni's car. MHO MOO
she knew something was wrong enough to call the police you may very well be right keep in mind that whole call has yet to be released

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I like your theory, Philigumbo. But how would he have gotten Gianni's car out of there, plus his getaway car...not to mention the witness who stated he went into the passenger side. I really feel he wasn't working alone.

I like your theory, Philigumbo. But how would he have gotten Gianni's car out of there, plus his getaway car...not to mention the witness who stated he went into the passenger side. I really feel he wasn't working alone.

Yeah, I don't know, Vedder, about the other car. My thoughts are it was Gianni's dark green Toyota witnesses saw, and colors are weird under fluorescent lighting. I've vacillated about a second person. CM could have hopped in the nearest door, crawled over, and took off. Hopefully, we will know more soon. Always love seeing you on a case!

I remember your videos. :-) I must have imagined security camera footage, I'm sure we've all tried to recreate the scene in our minds countless times. It's scary that the cameras at the mall weren't working, I wonder if CM knew that.
I think a store might have surveillance of him walking by but the parking lot did not or it would have been released by now. The family confirmed it a few months ago. When seeing someone from a distance they can look taller. So the height thing even soles can add height. As someone who is 5'1 I know the height tricks all too well :)

Ugh, that's not normal. I go there pretty often, it's normally very nice. Sorry that happened to you!
O/T...My DIL and I were followed out of that Target by a strange fellow when I was visiting in November. He walked 2-3 behind us, literally on our heels. We quickly went into the Payless store and he followed, stood there, shifting foot to foot, and only left when the clerk asked him what he needed. Never have been back though I've been on contract in San Diego for 4 months now.

It's been confirmed by NBC Carlo Mercado worked at Target http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ement-Belvedere-Flint-Killings-264395261.html

Khaki pants and there is your connection

Morning Best! Great News huh? Maybe he bought his hoodie at the store using his employee discount card. I just don't think the guy acted alone. To be frank I don't think he has the gonads. LE may have just said that to let the co conspirator relax enough to jump in the trunk of a car and get out of the area.

JMO's

I am right there with exactly what Philigumbo says ... he had been stalking Ilona, knew the mall was open late, watched the pattern of where she was picked up, but didn't know it was going to be THAT late that she was off work. He intercepted Gianni then, who could have been going to the mall early to pick up some gifts for Ilona.

I also 100% believe that it was Gianni's car that was seen by witnesses, not a different car. And, there's a huge possibility that the suspect's/Gianni's car pulled up next to them parked the opposite way of Sal's car which would make it appear he got into the passenger side, but it was actually the driver's side.

Ewww, it just dawned on me that I was at that target on Christmas eve. I think I've mentioned here that I was at that mall hours before the murders, but it was target specifically. I wonder if I crossed paths with him there. He could have been my cashier, ugh!

Ewww, it just dawned on me that I was at that target on Christmas eve. I think I've mentioned here that I was at that mall hours before the murders, but it was target specifically. I wonder if I crossed paths with him there. He could have been my cashier, ugh!
I remember seeing him and his stupid hair cut even recently he worked the front. I go there all the time for dog treats (don't judge I'm single dog parent) I almost threw up when I got the information and the family found out from me a little bit ago. I hate that I was at the mall too before the shooting and I've been back several times since I go to target all the time. That Target is where I get any rx medications when I'm sick. I can totally see him in the back of my head working the front chubby bad hair cut and awkward fast movements. He might have known the cameras were not working

Yeah, I don't know, Vedder, about the other car. My thoughts are it was Gianni's dark green Toyota witnesses saw, and colors are weird under fluorescent lighting. I've vacillated about a second person. CM could have hopped in the nearest door, crawled over, and took off. Hopefully, we will know more soon. Always love seeing you on a case!

Thanks Phili! The feeling's mutual :blushing:

I'm there pretty frequently myself as well. I don't recognize him from the pic circulating, but I bet I would if I saw a recent pic. My gosh... *barf*

eta, I can't judge, my dog's nails are painted, lol.
I remember seeing him and his stupid hair cut even recently he worked the front. I go there all the time for dog treats (don't judge I'm single dog parent) I almost threw up when I got the information and the family found out from me a little bit ago. I hate that I was at the mall too before the shooting and I've been back several times since I go to target all the time. That Target is where I get any rx medications when I'm sick. I can totally see him in the back of my head working the front chubby bad hair cut and awkward fast movements. He might have known the cameras were not working

So are we 100% sure that it was the Mission Valley Target? I missed that!

Ugh is right. We never know with whom we are crossing paths. If only these monsters looked on the outside what they are on the inside.

I have not seen msm confirmation that it was *that* location, but he was there, wearing Target uniform pants, has been seen working there by Best, etc.
So are we 100% sure that it was the Mission Valley Target? I missed that!

I'm there pretty frequently myself as well. I don't recognize him from the pic circulating, but I bet I would if I saw a recent pic. My gosh... *barf*

eta, I can't judge, my dog's nails are painted, lol.
my dog is pink :/
vaza3aje.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics