CA CA - Glendora, Wht/AsianMale 2409UMCA, 2-4, likely hydrocephalic, May'84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why they think hydrocephalus? Un-fused cranial sutures? Remnants of a shunt? And if they so suspect the recon image does not even remotely indicate it.
I thought the same thing...slightly elongated head in the recon, but that's it. I'm curious to know about this.

He might not have had the hydrocephalus as an infant. It could have been acquired as a toddler? In any case, what a pity they didn't save DNA.

He might not have had the hydrocephalus as an infant. It could have been acquired as a toddler? In any case, what a pity they didn't save DNA.
Acquired is possible- but if he doesn't have a shunt- what are they basing it off of? This is driving me slightly batty.

Acquired is possible- but if he doesn't have a shunt- what are they basing it off of? This is driving me slightly batty.
I'd imagine minus a shunt, it's either based off a) skull morphology and/or b) some kind of evidence of surgery. However, I am not a doctor, surgeon, anthropologist, or anything else but an amateur with an interest in bones, so this is very much speculation and MOO.

I found an old report of a missing 2 year old boy from La Puente CA on a photo someone posted on Facebook, last seen in 1984, a quick Google search turned up no hits, only that the name is Possibly Lebanese.
FB_IMG_1678727229426.jpg
No information found on wether he is still missing or not, and no photo of him aged 2.

Screenshot_20230313-182151_Maps.jpg
Off topic - there's no way on God's green earth that it takes someone 4 hours to walk 13 miles?!

Last edited:
"Body Of Child Found In Mountains," Los Angeles Times, 3 May 1984, pt. 2, 5.
_Body_Of_Child_Found_In_Mountains_.jpg
The badly decomposed body of a child was discovered by Los Angeles County road workers while working on a section of the Glendora Mountain Road.

Workers near mileage marker 33 spotted the body several feet from the top of the roadway, sheriff's deputies said.

The body, believed to be that of a child about 5 or 6, was in such an advanced state of decomposition that neither sex nor race could immediately be determined, coroner's officials said.

"Crew stumbles on body of child," Times-Advocate [Escondido, CA], 3 May 1984, A7.
_Crew_stumbles_on_body_of_child_.jpg
The nude, badly decomposed body of a child believed to be about 5 or 6 years old was discovered Wednesday several feet from a scenic Angeles National Forest roadway. A county road crew stumbled on the body while doing work on Glendora Mountain Road.

I found an old report of a missing 2 year old boy from La Puente CA on a photo someone posted on Facebook, last seen in 1984, a quick Google search turned up no hits, only that the name is Possibly Lebanese.
View attachment 408876
No information found on wether he is still missing or not, and no photo of him aged 2.

View attachment 408877
Off topic - there's no way on God's green earth that it takes someone 4 hours to walk 13 miles?!
When I walk on the treadmill my pace is about 3 mph (I'm only 5' 1") so.that actually does sound right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back