GUILTY CA - Gregory Haidl, Kyle Nachreiner & Keith Spann for gang rape, Corona de Mar, 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Misdemeanor Charges Could Be Filed

POSTED: 2:32 pm PDT July 14, 2004
UPDATED: 3:07 pm PDT July 14, 2004

LOS ANGELES -- An Orange County assistant sheriff's son whose trial on gang-rape charges ended with a hung jury is the subject of a complaint alleging he had sex with an underage girl, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

Greg Haidl, 19, is the younger son of Assistant Sheriff Don Haidl. The young man was not arrested in connection with the San Clemente incident, sheriff's representative Jon Fleischman said.

More details are expected to be disclosed Wednesday afternoon, after authorities gather additional information.

Sheriff's representative Jim Amormino told the Orange County Register the complaint could result in the filing of misdemeanor charges. Greg Haidl attorney Peter Scalisi could not be reached for comment.

The younger Haidl remains free on $100,000 bail pending an Aug. 6 court appearance on the gang-rape charges.

District Attorney Anthony Rackauckas has announced his office plans to retry Haidl, but that the charges could change.

Haidl and two others were prosecuted for allegedly gang-raping a 16-year-old unconscious girl. Jurors deadlocked on all 24 counts against Haidl, who lives in San Clemente, Calif., and Kyle Nachreiner and Keith Spann, both 19, of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3529833/detail.html

I wonder if jury members who caused the deadlock feel a bit queasy about this latest news? This kid is screaming for for someone to stop him. He's practically calling the police on himself!

Dana Point-AP -- The son of an Orange County assistant sheriff who is awaiting retrial in a high-profile gang rape case has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a minor.

A sheriff's lieutenant says 19-year-old Gregory Haidl was arrested at 5:20 tonight in his vehicle in Dana Point. He's being held on 100-thousand dollars bail.

Today's arrest stems from an investigation that started early Wednesday, when deputies went to a San Clemente home after receiving a call about a barking dog and loud music. Deputies later determined there was evidence Haidl had sex with a minor at the home.

Haidl is one of three teenagers accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in a 2002 videotaped encounter. A mistrial was declared June 28th. The D-A has said he will retry the case.........

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=2047403
Arrgh!!! Glad it wasn't one of my teenage daughters. We live in San Clemente!

April 2012:

The young woman known in court documents as Jane Doe wants people to know she is clean and sober, mentally strong and motivated, and determined to put the past behind her...

She also wants to send a message to other women and girls who have been victims of crime: "You can survive... It does take time, but you will get through this."

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/jane-351103-doe-haidl.html

April 2010:

Nachreiner, though, may appeal his case to the state Supreme Court. He says it is unfair for him to endure the punishment of being tagged as a sex offender until he dies.
"I served my time. I went to prison. Now, I'm stuck with that label.
"Psychologically, it's devastating. It's the worst form of degradation there is."
http://m.ocregister.com/articles/nachreiner-244065-sex-prison.html

Seriously!??? More degrading that having your supposed friends violate you with a lit cigarette and a pool cue whilst you are unconscious, whilst videoing it and laughing?? :banghead:

She's responsible for going there, for bragging that she's a *advertiser censored* star."
His tone hardens when he talks about Jane Doe.
"I don't believe for one second she was unconscious,'' he says.
When asked if he knew what he was doing at the time was wrong, he pauses before answering.
"Had it been any other girl, maybe."

What an evil . No remorse at all.

January 2014:

For Gregory Scott Haidl, being the centerpiece of what became known as Orange County's internationally infamous Haidl Gang Rape case means never genuinely saying you're sorry and always searching for an angle to weaken rendered punishment...

[He] has repeatedly sought to overturn his conviction or, at least, the registration requirement. In 2010, the California Court of Appeal in Santa Ana rejected his argument. The following year, the California Supreme Court did the same. Most recently, he has taken his cause to U.S. District Court....

This month, U.S. District Court Judge George H. Wu accepted Wistrich's recommendations to deny Haidl's appeal and closed the case.

Upshot: Haidl--who, in hopes for leniency, apologized for his crimes at his sentencing hearing, and then quickly resumed blaming his victim when he didn't win his demand for probation--must continue to register as a sex offender.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/greg-haidl-stop-making-me-publicly-register-as-a-sex-offender-6466006

April 2012:

Victim of Notorious Haidl Gang Rape Breaks Silence

She has been known as Jane Doe for the last 10 years, but on Friday the victim of one of Orange County's most notorious sexual assault cases said she was comfortable revealing her true first name.

"I am no longer ashamed of who I am or of what happened to me," Alisa, 26, said. "It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders."...

At Friday's rally, District Attorney Tony Rackauckas praised Alisa's bravery during two trials (the first resulted in a hung jury), saying: "Because she stood up to [the defendants], Orange County sent a message that we will hold men responsible for having sex with a woman who was unable to say 'no,' and women have a right to control their body. And because she stood up to them, she stood up for everyone."...

Today, Alisa works as a medical assistant and attends college studying criminal justice. She is also a state-certified sexual assault victim advocate and crisis intervention counselor who volunteers with the nonprofit Project Sister Family Services.

http://patch.com/california/newportbeach/victim-of-notorious-haidl-gang-rape-breaks-silence

:applause:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier
Back