Found Deceased CA - Hacienda Heights Trail, Future Princess Hero, age 9, 5 Mar 2019 - Trinity Love Jones - *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Shin Masamura

Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun
Reaction score
53349004_1984818264977754_991695643565096960_n.jpg

HACIENDA HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a child whose body was dumped on a hiking trail in Hacienda Heights.

The child was estimated to be about 7 to 10 years old.(Please add to title)

The body was found Tuesday morning on a hiking trail south of Hacienda Boulevard and Glenmark Drive in Hacienda Heights. It appeared the child had been pushed off the edge of the roadway down an embankment onto an equestrian trail within 24 hours of the discovery by passers-by.

Officials say the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

Initial reports from police were that the body found on the trail was female, but investigators later said they would wait for the coroner's office to determine the child's gender, as well as identity and cause of death.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. Anonymous information can be provided through Crime Stoppers at (800)222-TIPS.

Child's body found on hiking trail in Hacienda Heights
National Center For Missing and Endangered
***Child’s Body Found Dumped on Hiking Trail in Hacienda Heights in Los Angeles County

-Body of Child Found on Hacienda Heights Hiking Trail

A young child's body was found dumped along a hiking trail in Hacienda Heights Tuesday morning, officials said.

Los Angeles County workers who were gardening in the area discovered the victim's body about 10 a.m. south of Hacienda Boulevard and Glenmark Drive, officials said.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. The child was described as being black and possibly 7 to 10 years old. A law enforcement source had initially told KTLA that the victim was a girl, but authorities are waiting to identify the gender of the victim, Lt. Scott Hogland said.

The source also told KTLA that the body was found inside what appeared to be a suitcase, but Hogland said luggage was found "in the close proximity" to the body, and he could not say whether the victim was found inside that piece of luggage.

The lieutenant said the body had apparently been "dumped" or "pushed off the edge of roadway down the embankment" and onto an equestrian trail in the area. Investigators believe the body had been left "over 24 hours ago," authorities said in a news alert.

It is unclear if the victim's body showed any signs of trauma or how the victim died.

"We are investigating this as a homicide scene, but, again, we don't have a lot of details regarding the victim," Hogland said. He added that investigators are looking for anyone who may have information about a missing child in that age range.

The circumstances behind the death are under investigation. No arrests have been made.

Aerial video from Sky5 showed a white tarp set up in a wooded area, with several police vehicles around.

The body was found near the Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple, aerial video showed.

Hacienda Boulevard was closed between Richview and Skyline drives during the investigation.

L.A. County Supervisor Janice Hahn released a statement following the discovery of the child's body on Tuesday afternoon, calling the incident a tragedy.

"I trust (the Sheriff's Department) will identify this young victim and find whoever is responsible for this child’s death," Hahn said in the statement.

Anyone with information about the incident or the victim can call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's homicide bureau at 323- 890-5500.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 91550978-6968-4F1D-B40D-26D57698E6AE.jpeg
    91550978-6968-4F1D-B40D-26D57698E6AE.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 401
  • F2DC7F66-DC54-434B-84BE-0DF04559FE3B.jpeg
    F2DC7F66-DC54-434B-84BE-0DF04559FE3B.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 350
  • DFC2FD52-86C7-48B6-A250-49C2ACBD845F.jpeg
    DFC2FD52-86C7-48B6-A250-49C2ACBD845F.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 322
Homicide detectives need help identifying child found dead near hiking trail

victim_1551911777356_6860858_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Her body was discovered partially inside a black, rolling duffle bag at the bottom of an embankment, Lt. Scott Hoglund said during a press conference Wednesday. "Her upper torso and head were protruding from the open bag,"
---
Investigators believe the remains were left at that location within 24 hours of being found and that the child died roughly 48 hours before her body was discovered.

Homicide detectives believe the girl was between 8-13 years old, roughly 4-feet 5-inches tall and weighed approximately 55 pounds. The child was wearing a pink long-sleeve top with the words "Future Princess Hero" and gray pants with pandas on them when her body was found.
---
At this point, the case is being investigated as a suspicious death. Authorities said that investigators did not find any signs of trauma to the victim's body. An autopsy will be conducted in the upcoming days to determine an official cause of death.

Homicide detectives need help identifying child found dead near hiking trail

The weight was the first thing that caught my attention. I was a small skinny kid. I remember weighing 60 lbs forever. Maybe 7-9. But I’m sure I had gained another 20 lbs by 12. Between the shirt and the weight I’m thinking the lower end of the age range. Though I do see an older child in the sketch.

Hoping someone will recognize the sketch soon. If she was indeed tossed in the bag (how distressing to type) from a road the culprits could be anywhere. Hopefully LE will take the sketch national if needed. This poor child needs to at least have the dignity of her name at burial. MOO

I would think carrying or pulling a suitcase on the trail would have seemed odd and someone will remember seeing the person with it. Poor child. 5 mins is too long to go un-missed. :(

Someone definitely drove down that road, stopped, and dumped her there. It’s steep and I can’t see anybody walking it... much less with a bag containing a dead child. :(

I also see it unlikely that they walked along the actual trail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back