CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://people.com/crime/utah-parents-murder-suicide-mom-thought-terminal-cancer/

What happened with the Hart’s seemed like such a rare event, yet today there is a sad article about a mom who thought she had cancer and did not want to be separated from her family so she convinced her husband to go along with her plan.

Jen went downhill after the move to Woodland. This family had just made an even bigger move from Europe to the US when the mom started researching cancer. There are a few other similarities as well.

The family in Utah (with at least one apparently mentally unstable parent) had been planning their “departure” for months. It kind of makes me wonder what (deleted) information LE has found on the Hart’s computers. And did Devonte find out, thus precipitating his gathering food in preparation for escape? Turpin survivor #8 executed her long-planned escape just days before the family was scheduled to move to a more isolated area in the midwest where escape would be more difficult. As an aside, I wonder if Devonte was aware of the Turpin family escape and suddenly realized that his family had similarities. We will probably never know. :(

Sadly, we may never know the full truth about this tragedy.

I have learned an awful lot about life on the West coast, though.

They would need a connection and a source for these drugs. I think someone would have stepped up by now to say that was the case. imo.

Lol what would they say? “Hi LE, I’m a drug dealer and I supplied drugs to the two women who drove their kids off a cliff”. FWIW I don’t think they were taking drugs, but I also don’t think many drug dealers are rushing to out themselves to LE.

Because these two would book it, run for help at any point along the way, uncontrollable, two minds as one Devonte and Hannah are even more unpredictable? I'm still wondering about Naselle Wa. Something happened between CPS and that 3am text. Also, J&S were well connected to their community for decades. There is more than one tablet or phone that is in the ocean...

Thoughts run from bury the bodies elsewhere, kids took off from their home, to drop two kids under pretense of Sarah needs to go to the doctor, we'll be back... And then radio silence.

As they drove to think, make a plan, Jen might not have had it in her to kill Devonte if she was really connected to him? Maybe he and Hannah were really close, too. Devonte was freaking out trying to protect her?

Just some thoughts...

I understand everyone’s hopes and positive scenarios of where Devonte and Hannah may be located, alive. Unfortunately, I am not as optimistic. It’s been what, almost a month? Unless these kids are living off the grid with friends of JH and SH (which my gut tells me is doubtful), I don’t see how they could be surviving in the woods on their own for this long. I’m sorry if my comment upsets or offends anyone, that’s certainly not my intentions. I of course would be thrilled to hear these two precious kids are alive and well, but my gut tells me they are in the ocean ☹️

I am positive they didn’t qualify for welfare benefits. At $53k, they would barely qualify for Earned Income Credit so even there wouldn’t have gotten food stamps. Then add the adoption subsidy. Definitely wouldn’t qualify.

(Adoption subsidy is not taxed but is considered in regards to welfare benefits, buying houses, etc).

Do we know for sure that she made $53k? Or was that a salary listed on Glassdoor.com or a similar site?

I understand everyone’s hopes and positive scenarios of where Devonte and Hannah may be located, alive. Unfortunately, I am not as optimistic. It’s been what, almost a month? Unless these kids are living off the grid with friends of JH and SH (which my gut tells me is doubtful), I don’t see how they could be surviving in the woods on their own for this long. I’m sorry if my comment upsets or offends anyone, that’s certainly not my intentions. I of course would be thrilled to hear these two precious kids are alive and well, but my gut tells me they are in the ocean ☹️

Although hope springs eternal, I’m inclined to agree, bears. If nothing else, Occam’s Razor would point toward the ocean as the simplest explanation of their disappearance. But it seems that Devonte was planning something, so I guess we have wishful thinking that he succeeded, like the Turpin plan did. I really wish the police had been called in addition to CPS.

Please remember race is off limits.

Discussing race will only lead to arguments and blow the thread up.

Let's stick to the topic of the thread.

Thank you,
Tricia

I wish the kids were hiding out somewhere. I think there is zero possibility that some people at a "compound", especially pot farmers, would harbor kids being sought by the FBI, whose parents murdered their siblings.

To what end? Just keep a couple teenagers isolated in a secure compound until..what? Until they magically emerge at some point? And are able to say where they were?

What I could almost believe though is that the kids were being held by super anti-government paranoid people who feel the Harts were being persecuted and are trying to "save" the kids from that. (I would not expect them to be business operators with a pot farm though. Those people don't want trouble).

However, it doesn't make sense to me that the two who blew the lid off the reality the women were hiding, would be spared or left somewhere safe while the rest were murdered.

I really want to believe such a scenario but I can't.

Thanks for posting. Nice to see at least some specific descriptions of the individual children other than Devonte, although this is still pretty disturbing:

Bakhtiar visited the family’s home in West Linn a handful of times, she said. She would not see or interact with all the kids, usually just Devonte and Jeremiah. The rest would have their heads buried in books, she said. She remembers Abbi as outgoing, Markis as shy and Sierra as giggly.

She said she never heard Hannah speak.

Grrrr

Every state offers a subsidy for children considered special needs. Some states offer a subsidy for all kids adopted through the state. Subsidy may include a monetary amount monthly, medical, college, case management services, extra help for therapy/camp/etc.

It is complex, but people aren’t getting rich adopting kids. Sure, rarely, someone doesn’t provide for the children so it isn’t costing tthem. But it’s rare. Most of us are using every dime plus some to provide every opportunity for our children.

I can attest to this...all of my friends who have adopted through foster care have used the money they received to help with special services or better schooling etc, because of needs. I have one friend who was so excited her child wasn't presenting any issues...he just turned nine and unfortunately an issue came up and now...they are in therapy for his needs. Foster adoption always includes some sort of trauma...otherwise the children wouldn't need to be adopted. People raising healthy kids may not understand the added pressure on a family. For example, as I said my daughter had to be hospitalized last night :( the ordeal was the entire day from the moment her teacher called me to the moment the ambulance took her. I had to quit my job last year and work from home to be there for her many therapy sessions and to be available if we had an emergency...yesterday we had an emergency. Her subsidy helps me do that for her. I know many parents who are literally on the front lines helping their children, the small amount of money we get helps us, help them. We are not getting rich, but we are (most of us) using it to better the lives of the children in our care.

I can attest to this...all of my friends who have adopted through foster care have used the money they received to help with special services or better schooling etc, because of needs. I have one friend who was so excited her child wasn't presenting any issues...he just turned nine and unfortunately an issue came up and now...they are in therapy for his needs. Foster adoption always includes some sort of trauma...otherwise the children wouldn't need to be adopted. People raising healthy kids may not understand the added pressure on a family. For example, as I said my daughter had to be hospitalized last night :( the ordeal was the entire day from the moment her teacher called me to the moment the ambulance took her. I had to quit my job last year and work from home to be there for her many therapy sessions and to be available if we had an emergency...yesterday we had an emergency. Her subsidy helps me do that for her. I know many parents who are literally on the front lines helping their children, the small amount of money we get helps us, help them. We are not getting rich, but we are (most of us) using it to better the lives of the children in our care.

:heartbeat:

Thanks for posting. Nice to see at least some specific descriptions of the individual children other than Devonte, although this is still pretty disturbing:

I find it fascinating that this friend, who has defended Jen so vociferously, basically only had contact with 2 of the 6 kids and never heard one of them speak. This raised no red flags for her???

You’re the way an adoptive parent should be musemoon. Sending hugs for you, your family and your daughter. :heartbeat:I have friends with two adorable adopted sisters. The younger one (9) has extremely serious issues and was hospitalized at a treatment facility for many months, and eventually diagnosed bipolar (I think RAD too). It’s such a challenge, but at the moment she is doing much better. Her parents are terrific, and my heart goes out to them.

Sadly, it sounds as if Jen spent their subsidy traveling the country with the kids, according to the Oregonian story just posted.

[FONT=&amp]“Jennifer Hart drove hundreds of thousands of miles with her six children in tow. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]They danced in Bliss, Idaho, meditated in Zion National Park and made their own brass band in New Orleans.”

It’s a disturbing article IMO, with photos I haven’t seen before.

[/FONT]
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

And CPS did nothing about it.....?

Report was made months later.

From “fake news” on the interent, people think CPS has all kinds of big power. That is rarely true, There has to be a lot of info before they will act.

Just cuz someone calls up and says something does not mean it qualifies for investigation, A report months later is pretty much a loser.

I actually assumed it was either hot chocolate that had gone cold or literally nothing and it was just a prop.

Yeah. Actually a friend of mine has an almost two year old. She grabbed an empty beer bottle while dad was doing the recycling, and they snapped a photo while she put it up to her mouth. Personally, I wouldn't have posted it, but they put it on their private Instagram. Whatever. It was funny, and we all know they don't give her alcohol. Of course, they also don't neglect, abuse, or isolate her....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- 2010 abuse( / torture imo) case; court document as a PDF file:
https://www.scribd.com/document/375...-domestic-abuse-case-court-documents#download
- More detailed police report (putting the child under the cold water and hitting her) https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4427098/2010-12844-Report.pdf

Interesting thing: A child in the report stated that "all children got disciplined on Sunday." What are the chances that all children were bad? Or was that just the day they normally would be disciplined or the meaner mom was home?

Thank you! Interesting read and some new pics. Maybe the final side trip where Nasalle, WA showed up is because they went to the Astoria area. Not for the children, but for JH. In addition to the Astoria OR area, there are a couple film locations for the Goonies on the California coast, both of them south of Fort Bragg and north of San Francisco. Bodega Bay, CA and Goat Rock State Beach, Jenner, CA. Just wondering if the road trip was an attempt to relive those places from the movie. Places that gave JH comfort. Just a thought and MOO.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/locations

She loved animals, the outdoors, sports and ‘80s pop culture and made sure all the children did too. She spent months in 2015 making costumes to mark the 30th anniversary of The Goonies, a movie she memorized with her dad and brothers.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx