ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely could be internet. I live in the woodland/La Center area and a lot of us have that. I just got xfinity service but prior to that had satellite internet. And old owners/renters in our area seem to move and leave dishes on the roof lol. I have 2 on my roof and never used either of them.

Ha ha, us too. When we bought our house there were 3 or 4 dishes still attached to our roof from where the previous owners had gone through various services.

I think it's pretty common in this area to wait for nice weather to put our "outside" stuff out. We have so much rain and some wind that it just gets trashed and blown around. Right now, I only have 2 chairs stacked and a table covered in plastic in my yard. Once the weather mellows and warms up, the kid stuff and more chairs, etc. will be set up outside. I hope that made sense :)

We do the same. We have one table/chairs set that's too big to fit into our storage building so it stays outside year round. The rest of our "outdoor stuff" remains packed away in the storage unit until sometime around early June.

We do the same. We have one table/chairs set that's too big to fit into our storage building so it stays outside year round. The rest of our "outdoor stuff" remains packed away in the storage unit until sometime around early June.

They have a shed I wonder why the purple Kayak outside on the patio.

Here you can see the DeKalb’s house next door. This is where Hannah went to get help at 1:30am. She had escaped out her window DeKalbs said she was covered in weeds and blackberries wrapped in a blanket.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/

47e9f437416c5e63a98cb68936e87a2e.jpg

They have a shed I wonder why the purple Kayak outside on the patio.

It may just be because it's waterproof. Maybe? That is just my guess based on something I would do :) I am guilty of having several acres and a shop that isn't packed full but then have left things out over the winter just because they are waterproof (i.e. Kiddy pools, plastic furniture, empty planters, etc.) and once the rain starts, I don't even want to deal with anything outside.

I am totally disgusted. They talked about the horrible background these kids had. Yet they thought nothing of beating a six year old till she was black and blue and sticking her head under cokd water.

And this was the second group of kids they were saving. What kind of hideous show was that?

The damaged cinder block retaining wall seems really odd. Anyone have experience with driveway retaining walls falling over/being damaged?

The wall tapered down at that point, where it stuck out into the driveway. There's only ten full-size blocks that have been knocked down, and the foundation blocks and some of the cap blocks are still in place. But each of the blocks that was knocked over would be about 40 pounds.

My immediate thought was that they were leaving in a hurry, and hit the end of the wall with their SUV. But if they hit the wall hard enough to displace at least 400 pounds of concrete block, that would have caused pretty noticeable damage even to an SUV.

My second thought was that the front of Sarah's car (in the picture) looks a little jacked up (almost like it hit something low to the ground, and pulled the bumper out while trying to reverse), so she may have hit it sometime before they left. The deKalb's mentioned that the wall was knocked over by the time the family left, implying it was still up the day before. That said, I'm guessing a car impact would have broken some of the blocks, and they seem pretty intact when you zoom in.

(Pure speculation: Either someone not thinking clearly, or someone who didn't know how to drive well yet, tried to leave in the car after Sarah got home? If the wall was hit by a car, it was hit from the near side, as if someone was trying to drive away from the house. Even if the kids weren't allowed to drive, they might have picked up a lot from observation, or tried to figure it out on their own. This might connect, too, with the other neighbor's observation that Devonte had been in his car awhile ago.)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• dfbf503c-39d8-11e8-9860-fd16d2dff851-1560x1066.jpg
    dfbf503c-39d8-11e8-9860-fd16d2dff851-1560x1066.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 739
  • dfbf503c-39d8-11e8-9860-fd16d2dff851-1560x1066.jpg
    dfbf503c-39d8-11e8-9860-fd16d2dff851-1560x1066.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 728
I wonder if Jen and Sarah's families had a close relationship with the children prior to them moving? Were they visiting? Were they calling on birthdays, Christmas and so on? Was any family member actually checking on the children?

Thanks. Gosh for six kids family of eight nice big property one little table and three chairs and the canoe from the birthday video. Very strange IMHO

Yes, and what's noticeable to me- 6 teens in the home and NO bikes, No basketball hoop, NO trampoline, No outdoor

activities for kids. Kids that age have mini-bikes, ATV's, etc.

I wonder if Jen and Sarah's families had a close relationship with the children prior to them moving? Were they visiting? Were they calling on birthdays, Christmas and so on? Was any family member actually checking on the children?

Obviously not. For whatever reasons, sounds like the two women cut off their past families also.

Yes, and what's noticeable to me- 6 teens in the home and NO bikes, No basketball hoop, NO trampoline, No outdoor

activities for kids. Kids that age have mini-bikes, ATV's, etc.

They could be kept inside somewhere. Except for the occasional Nerf gun that gets left out by accident, just to look at our house you wouldn't be able to tell that kids live here. I mean, open the garage and it looks like the Toys R Us warehouse but, from the outside at least, we don't have anything visible. Bikes are kept up. I won't let our kids have trampolines or ATVs. And I don't like visible clutter.

These are kinds of things that I have a hard time judging from simple pictures because there are so many variables involved.

Obviously not. For whatever reasons, sounds like the two women cut off their past families also.

Right. I was under the impression that they did cut off their families but I was wondering when that happened and if they ever got a chance to meet the children and be somewhat engaged on their lives at some point.

Right. I was under the impression that they did cut off their families but I was wondering when that happened and if they ever got a chance to meet the children and be somewhat engaged on their lives at some point.

An early article said the women cut off the families because they did not approve of their parenting style. LE said

they talked to some family who had met the children. I think this was done also to help identify the bodies.

An early article said the women cut off the families because they did not approve of their parenting style. LE said

they talked to some family who had met the children. I think this was done also to help identify the bodies.

Oh wow. That is really sad.

The neighbors mentioned those blocks in the interview apparently they left in a hurry after CPS and left it that way.

“The two women in the crash were a married couple and had been under investigation by police and child services officials in the three states where they had lived. The deaths also have raised suspicions about the motives of the two women, both white, in adopting black children.“

Sickening. These poor kids were failed by everyone. Family, friends, CPS everywhere they lived. They tried to help themsleves. They sought out help. But these pathetic excuses for parents up and left every time it got too hot. I bet the abuse was MUCH worse than what we know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...v-plunged-off-a-cliff/?utm_term=.4aff6f695774

I hope they search thoroughly for diaries

From what I've read, Jen and Sarah were estranged from their families.
Sad, really.

Having watched and lived horrible abuse in my own family, I can guarantee you the behind closed doors treatment

of these children is way worse than what has been portrayed so far.

Usually abused children are so brainwashed and beaten into good behavior, going outside the family and telling

outsiders is the last straw for victims. IMO, at that point it really was a life or death situation for those children.

We may never get the true physical condition of these children due to the accident and conditions when found.

Inside that home was nothing but a concentration camp. That's the reality of why they ran. You can't argue about

not starving your kids when they're 50-75-100 lbs. underweight. You can't defend the physical and psychological

condition when the children can all talk and tell on you. This is why they ran. And they both tried to erase all signs of their

middle class concentration camp. IME and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en