CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is correct, except I believe the tire marks are from when the car was pulled back up onto the cliff. The reports are there was no tire marks indicating where it went off. Theoretically the car could have gone off at any angle, but they would have definitely been heading for the edge of the cliff.

Additionally, if you click on the photo set (says "39") at the top of this article, there are many pictures of the scene on the cliff.
http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2018/03/for_devonte_and_his_siblings_p.html
Photos of the marks in the dirt, and along the cliff, come with the notation that they are from the tow truck pulling the smashed vehicle up. Also there is a photo of part of a door panel along the cliff, which supports the idea that the doors flew open/were torn off. Any unbelted passengers would have been flung out the doors.

The Harts adopted two sets of siblings. Both sets were from southeast Texas.
http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2018/03/for_devonte_and_his_siblings_p.html

"Jennifer and Sarah Hart adopted the children from southeast Texas in 2006 and 2009, said Tiffani Butler, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.'

Thanks, that answers my questions.

So these kids had travelled from TX to MN to OR. That's a lot of work involved for CPS/social services in just keeping track of the kids and making sure they didn't fall off the radar.

How horrible
Prayers for the family.
Why on earth after being found guilty of abuse of the kids were they allowed to pull them out of school and homeschool them? That should make automatic CPS checks monthly or something IMO we are failing to protect children. We have to find a way to do something again red flags were flying for awhile before this happened

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I absolutely don’t know the situation here but I have been through more than one false CPS claim - I have a son with Aspergers who told the people at school more than once that my husband was abusing him which he is definitely not. My son feels abused when he has his computer taken away from him after he has caused a fit so badly he broke a window....he told school folks he was abused because he hit his foot during a tantrum. So yes stuff like this does happen and after a while it just becomes demeaning. CPS has never found cause against us and they realize the situation we are in. We are to the point where we are on a no investigation status with CPS but yes I've considered just taking him out of school because anytime he's having a bad day or an accident happens (I accidentally tripped over his foot once so he hit me in the face - he doesn't understand accident vs on purpose) - the school will call CPS at the drop of a hat. At some point you're just done with it. So I'm not saying that is the case with this family but it's not always so obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry but what awful women. You don't adopt that many children if you are capable of getting stressed enough to beat a child over a bathtub. How selfish to not let the children live.

Does anyone know what kind of job/ career Sarah had?

*They must have been doing well financially, to purchase the Woodland home on 2 acres in May 2017.

I just watched the local news and it said that one of them worked at Kohl's in Vancouver....I will see if I can find a link to that from the same station. As far as purchasing the home, it is public record and was $375,000.00. To me, being from this area (Portland metro and then La Center/Woodland area), that is a great price. They may have sold a home or homes prior, have good jobs, inheritance, loans, etc...you never know what the financial background is. I keep seeing what appears to be a business card tucked in the door and wondering if CPS and/or a deputy left it before the family took off. Personally, I feel that before approaching the house, a background report of some sort report showing the prior assault and situation surrounding the charges, would have raised a flag. Maybe someone could have figured out a way to talk to those children before it ended up like this. Heartbreaking :(

If you watch the drone footage looking back at the cliff, you can clearly see the tire tracks continue over the edge and downward.

[video=youtube;sF1pygUSdOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF1pygUSdOc[/video]
Isnt that where the car wss pullrd up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Isnt that where the car wss pullrd up?

It demonstrates where the SUV was in relation to the road; that is, not in a position to be merging back onto the highway as suggested. Had this been the case, the vehicle would have been found a little farther south, just past the turnoff. Just MOO.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rested-ASSAULTING-daughter.html#ixzz5BC2cBQS3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Unknown when the first 3 kids were adopted, but articles say they already had 3 kids when Devonte and his 2 sibs were adopted in 2007.

So all of the kids were adopted BEFORE the couple was legally married, which is very confusing and intriguing. I wonder if both of the moms completed the legal adoptions, or only one of them?

The circumstances of the adoptions raise all kind of red flags, IMO. As well as the multiple moves (becoming more isolated with each move), conflict with authorities, isolation, estrangement from the women's families, kids escaping from the homes to ask for help, adjudicated abuse, and the contrast with the eloquent (but improbable, IMO) stories of idyllic family life told online by Jen, and her friends.

Layer over all that adopted kids with previous deep trauma and ongoing special needs, and the women's intense passion for political and social justice causes (with a lot of long distance travel), and this looks very much like the kind of religious child abuse cases we read about-- just with a progressive/ liberal non-traditional family, instead of a conservative, fundamentalist religious family. The abuse pattern is identical, IMO.

I don't think this crash was an accident.

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strange. i have a mutual friend with jen. goodness.

I hadn't had any interactions with her but several of my friends made posts on social media about this case, coming to the defense of both women. I was surprised to learn that we have 16 friends in common. I'm VERY conflicted about this one. On the one hand, I am reading the same articles as everyone else and I've formed some of my own (perhaps not so positive) conclusions. On the other hand, there are people in my life who I know and trust that are coming to the mothers' defense and sharing information that isn't being posted in the articles. So it's kind of difficult to look at this story with neutral eyes. I DO know that people can put on good "fronts" with the public and even hide things from their close family and friends. And yet...gosh, I just don't know what to think. This might be one case that I just have to back away from.

Is there a link to court documents in MN?

(Most recently) I hesitate to say I'm an adoptive parent because of recent dysfunctional adoptive family episodes in the media. I want to echo what I also see as red flags and why I don't believe this is an
"accident."
~Multiple moves
~Family cut-offs (family connections tend to keep us in open communication)
~home schooling (yes=isolation) IMO in THIS situation
~Three of the missing are indeed siblings, and one of the siblings, Devonte complained about "being hungry" and "mean parents"
~Prior substantiated abuse (spankings, cold baths, and withholding food)
My hope is that the 3 siblings either ran away prior to the CPS call or they were not in the SUV and are safe.

This article has more info about one of the daughters. I had not seen it posted but apologize if it has been. This gives me chills...

“Bruce DeKalb recalled how one night, about three or four months after the Harts moved into the house next door last year, Hannah Hart pounded on his door. She was “covered in weeds” after jumping out of the family’s second-story window and running through the woods to reach DeKalb’s house, he said. She ran up DeKalb’s stairs, found the bedroom and woke up DeKalb’s wife, Dana.

“That kid was totally losing her mind, just rattled to the bone,” Bruce DeKalb told The Washington Post. “You can’t fake that.”

Sarah and Jennifer Hart and the rest of their children then rushed into DeKalb’s house, looking for Hannah. They found her upstairs, crouched between the bed and the dresser. After Jennifer Hart spoke with Hannah, she came down and apologized to the DeKalbs.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...f-cliff-had-troubled-home-life-neighbors-say/

None of the instances involve the same child. The first one involved AH, the second involved HH, and the third involved DH. I also find it interesting that the same mother who AH said punched her is the same one driving the SUV and the same one who spoke with HH convincing her to come home. I hope I am wrong but it seems like she was the one in control and abusing the kids. If she is the one who actually adopted the kids, could that be why SH confessed to the initial charges and why she put up with the abuse? I don’t know a lot about adoption and I know that not all CPS claims are accurate, but I see red flags all over the place with this one.

Hwy hugs the Pacific Ocean heading north and south along the coast. In some stretches there is land, as much say as a large farm area with animals grazing, between the hwy and the ocean. As you go further north into Mendocino County, parts of the hwy are very close to the cliffs directly above the ocean. It’s not the sort of East coast many of us have seen, which usually has little more than sand dunes and then a flat sandy beach which is on the ocean.Some of the Mendocino coast has high dramatic rocky cliffs below which the ocean strikes the base of the cliffs. Some areas have tidal pools which you can climb down to and there are very few areas that have a small beach area. At night there are no streetlights on Hwy 1 and thus it would be critical when driving not to get close to the ocean side of the hwy. It is beautiful by day but never a place for a casual drive. Because one wrong turn or mistake and you literally would fall over the cliffs and depending on the rocks, either fall straight into the ocean or get smashed by rocks on the way down. The only way to be absolutely safe at night would be to follow any road heading east off of Hwy 1 and thus away from the coast. There is no scenario where GPS would direct you to drive off the hwy into the ocean.

I hesitate to say this because I just started reading about this case and have not reviewed all details, e.g., photos of how and where the vehicle crashed. It sounds like it landed at base of rocky cliff in the ocean. The missing children, depending on the tides, may have been swept out to sea.

I hadn't had any interactions with her but several of my friends made posts on social media about this case, coming to the defense of both women. I was surprised to learn that we have 16 friends in common. I'm VERY conflicted about this one. On the one hand, I am reading the same articles as everyone else and I've formed some of my own (perhaps not so positive) conclusions. On the other hand, there are people in my life who I know and trust that are coming to the mothers' defense and sharing information that isn't being posted in the articles. So it's kind of difficult to look at this story with neutral eyes. I DO know that people can put on good "fronts" with the public and even hide things from their close family and friends. And yet...gosh, I just don't know what to think. This might be one case that I just have to back away from.
People who have spent their entire lives practicing gaslighting other people become really great at it.

People being gaslighted have trouble accepting that they've been duped once they figure it out, and they don't want anyone to know because they feel stupid and embarrassed. But they were tricked by a manipulator so they shouldn't feel bad about themselves, and they should warn others.

Trust the accountings of the kids, as told by those who have no bias. The reason kids continue to be abused is because society continues to fail them by not believing them, and by believing the liars and cryers.

Sounds like his "mom" forced him to hug the police officer so she could take a picture to portray her "perfect progressive family" appearance.

He was probably crying because he's literally hugging help, but unable to get help.

twisted.

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/12/was-the-ferguson-protest-hug-photo-staged

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 12.32.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 12.32.33 PM.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 924
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 12.32.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 12.32.45 PM.png
    719.5 KB · Views: 917
After reading some comments from friends of this family, I reserve judgment until all the facts are in. If these children were being mis-treated, it will come out. If these children were dealing with trauma and food insecurity, the onset of adolescence could make it worse, which will come out. All I know is the outpouring of love for this family, coming from their extended network of family and friends, is enormous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46