CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has already been posted. This article claims the ‘hug’ photo was staged. I have always felt JH claim that the photo was taken without permission and they were ‘thrust’ into the public eye was off IMO. At first I thought this article was reaching because the before pics look like it was taken at night and the famous photo looked as if it were taken mid-day. If you look at the other people in the photos, they are the same in the published photo and these photos, indicating the initial photo may have been lightened and edited. I find it very interesting.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/12/was-the-ferguson-protest-hug-photo-staged

Adding to this with another link and commentary from another photographer who said it was fake, Devonte was talking to one of the moms and crying BEFORE taking the picture and the mom was trying to get the picture as well. The photographer also said that before taking the picture he looked terrified...

You notice there aren't many photos of the mom's holding signs or giving hugs. They used the children instead

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4b2mInT8u0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo- I don't think LE would have released a hint of this unless they were pretty sure.

Wrong turn too fast into the look out, slam on the breaks leaves marks in a certain direction in the dirt. Turn too fast, no breaks, leaves out of control marks in the dirt. But because the cars black box indicated the car was stopped, and then accelerated off the cliff, no break marks, indicates intent.

I think this would have to be coorborated by knowing timing of plunge. Maybe they know his from the car info. Did it happen when they knew where they were going? Acceleration or break failure ruled out? Speedometer at 90 does not indicate how fast they were going necessarily, foot on pedal with no tires on the ground., etc.

I'm surprised the SUV didn't burst into flames.

I think the definitive forensic reconstruction will tell so much more.

Skid marks can be accelerating or braking. Also, skid marks are only left on ashpalt. This was dirt that could easily be disrupted by weather or other vehicles between the time the suv went off the cliff and when it was found, right?

They said she jumped out of a 2nd story window to escape to the neighbor's.

They were living in hell with those 2 sadistic abusers that had most "fooled."

So incredibly heart wrenching & unfair.

I know she did. Jumped or climbed, blanket covered in brambles/weeds. She wasn't faking her fear. But if I pretend for a moment that maybe Hannah did struggle with her own demons in addition to the abusive discipline to try and cure those "demons". I'm talking bipolar or schizophrenia and total speculation. It is possible that she and Markis did or could not perform like the others due to some unknown factor, is what I'm thinking.

My speculation:

Devonte, as many have pointed out, seemed to be the favorite in lots of the photos and videos shared. If he is the one that initiated CPS, the mom(s) could have felt extremely betrayed. A sort of “but we expected so much more from you!” Kind of moment. Maybe rage. Maybe they hurt the ones that reported/talked to the neighbors and fled trying to figure out what to do. *All just my spec.

None of the kids look their reported ages in my opinion. Couple that with the child abuse conviction, the multiple CPS tip offs, and the reported food-withholding from the children, and I think the obvious conclusion is these children lived a life darker than anyone could have imagined. I don’t see how people are still defending the parents. I hope the children are at peace finally and have freedom from their monsters. MOO

"Data from the vehicle's software air bag module and software suggest the car had stopped at the scenic highway outcrop overlooking the cliff and then accelerated off the road, said Greg Baarts of the California Highway Patrol's Northern Division.
And that leads police to believe the crash may have been intentional.
"At this point in our investigation, that is the direction we are going," Baarts said."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/02/us/family-suv-pacific-coast-crash-what-we-know/index.html

"Data from the vehicle's software air bag module and software suggest the car had stopped at the scenic highway outcrop overlooking the cliff and then accelerated off the road, said Greg Baarts of the California Highway Patrol's Northern Division.
And that leads police to believe the crash may have been intentional.
"At this point in our investigation, that is the direction we are going," Baarts said."

link please

Skid marks can be accelerating or braking. Also, skid marks are only left on ashpalt. This was dirt that could easily be disrupted by weather or other vehicles between the time the suv went off the cliff and when it was found, right?

All good points, Poppy, weather variables, dirt impaction. Also tires have a signature width, tread. But the absence of hitting the breaks, or swerving hitting the breaks which would dig into dirt and grass and leave an imprint is my guess. And I think they can tell how fresh prints are, too.

I don't comprehend why as adults who were alarmed before about the abuse why tbe neighbors didn't bring Devonte inside and contact cps on the spot. All they needed for proof of what he was saying is to look at the child how frail snd skinnxy he was. They could've put an end to it right there if they just contacted cps and didn't wait a full week. It just didn't make sense to me. Also I wonder when Devonte stopped asking then for food if it was before or after cps was contacted.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Link please.

http://abc13.com/officials-deadly-suv-cliff-crash-may-have-been-intentional/3291231/

“Dana DeKalb said Devonte told her his parents were "punishing them by withholding food." The boy asked her to leave food in a box by the fence for him, she said. She told The Oregonian/OregonLive that Devonte asked for things like tortillas and peanut butter and eventually was coming over three times a day.

She said the boy's first words when he came to the door March 22 were: "Have you called?"

"I almost got the feeling it was more of, 'What are you waiting for, lady?" Dana DeKalb said.”

Ugghhh this is where racism comes in subtle ways and probably part of what these women faced often. The spokesperson calls Devote's mom "guardian" even though he was adopted by her four years prior and is his mom...not guardian. The story the cop tells sounds very organic and not scripted. The supplemental pictures taken don't really prove that the photo was staged other than exposing the natural curiosity of the crowd and Devonte's mom was probably discussing his tears with him, most likely reassuring him. It sounds like from this interview the cop initiated the conversation not Devonte or his mom.

Maybe these women were control freak family annihilators or possibly hyper sensitive to the constant criticism they faced which caused them to isolate. Moving once because someone has put a burning cross on your lawn, may make you paranoid in general. When the family issues (their own and possibly their children's) became too great, the isolation escalated their poor parenting choices leading to a fight or flight decision that most likely ended all of their lives.

MOO

My speculation:

Devonte, as many have pointed out, seemed to be the favorite in lots of the photos and videos shared. If he is the one that initiated CPS, the mom(s) could have felt extremely betrayed. A sort of “but we expected so much more from you!” Kind of moment. Maybe rage. Maybe they hurt the ones that reported/talked to the neighbors and fled trying to figure out what to do. *All just my spec.

None of the kids look their reported ages in my opinion. Couple that with the child abuse conviction, the multiple CPS tip offs, and the reported food-withholding from the children, and I think the obvious conclusion is these children lived a life darker than anyone could have imagined. I don’t see how people are still defending the parents. I hope the children are at peace finally and have freedom from their monsters. MOO

I think that Davonte may have told the "momsters" that he had been going to the neighbor's for food & that he was the one who told them to call CPS.

I hope that wasn't the case. JH wouldn't have taken that well, IMO.

It makes me think of the horribly abusive things that were likely spewed to him while blaming him for what she was about to do (drive them all off the cliff).

Is it possible they drove off it accidentally, like not realizing which direction they were going and thought they were headed to the road? No skid marks or signs of breaking could be because they were accelerating thinking they were headed back on the road?

Is it the three youngest who are missing? Is it safe to assume they were the smallest/lightest and were pulled out to sea?

I'm so glad we're off the subject of schools and dissing cities and cultures and educational methods!

Is it possible they drove off it accidentally, like not realizing which direction they were going and thought they were headed to the road? No skid marks or signs of breaking could be because they were accelerating thinking they were headed back on the road?

Is it the three youngest who are missing? Is it safe to assume they were the smallest/lightest and were pulled out to sea?

I'm so glad we're off the subject of schools and dissing cities and cultures and educational methods!
One missing is the youngest the other two tho were among the oldest. Hannah was the oldest girl and Devonte was the second oldest boy.

One missing is the youngest the other two tho were among the oldest. Hannah was the oldest girl and Devonte was the second oldest boy.

Hmm. I suppose it's too much to hope for that somehow the suv black box can tell anything about weight of the vehicle prior to the crash... Maybe that could tell something about who was in there at the time of the crash.

So perplexing!

Ugghhh this is where racism comes in subtle ways and probably part of what these women faced often. The spokesperson calls Devote's mom "guardian" even though he was adopted by her four years prior and is his mom...not guardian. The story the cop tells sounds very organic and not scripted. The supplemental pictures taken don't really prove that the photo was staged other than exposing the natural curiosity of the crowd and Devonte's mom was probably discussing his tears with him, most likely reassuring him. It sounds like from this interview the cop initiated the conversation not Devonte or his mom.

Maybe these women were control freak family annihilators or possibly hyper sensitive to the constant criticism they faced which caused them to isolate. Moving once because someone has put a burning cross on your lawn, may make you paranoid in general. When the family issues (their own and possibly their children's) became too great, the isolation escalated their poor parenting choices leading to a fight or flight decision that most likely ended all of their lives.

MOO
I don't believe the burning cross story.

Actually many of the black, Native and Korean adoptees who grew up in white families are the ones saying it is not a great idea. Of course, they would have the most experience and insight into the matter.

Here is a well-balanced, realistic article on the subject, neither totally negative nor totally positive - https://www.npr.org/2014/01/26/266434175/growing-up-white-transracial-adoptee-learned-to-be-black

Of course it's not a 'great idea.' Ideally, the children would stay with their own families. And ideally, they could stay within their own clans, if at all possible. But there are a lot of black children in the system. And a lot of native children needing care. And at one time, there were a lot of Korean babies in orphanages, and local families were not adopting them.

I find it curious now, that some are complaining about those pesky white people for stepping up and doing so. In an ideal world, there would not have been a need for these babies to be adopted. I just think it is backwards to be finding fault with the families who stepped forward and cared for the babies, because they were not 'the same skin color.' JMO

ETA:

from the link above:

"He says that while a black home may be best for a black child, he's not opposed to transracial adoption.

"Here's what gets people upset: Part of my story is, I was 13 months old, and according to the social workers in my file, I'd already been passed over by two or three black families because they considered me too dark," he says.

His parents were among the first wave of transracial adopters, and did their best to prepare him for the real world. Parents today can do even better, he says."

I read a news report yesterday that stated the highway patrol estimated the vehicle speed to be 90mph. It did not state how they determined that. That is one reason they believe it to be intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall