CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Harvey Weinstein, Weinstein Co. Face Class-Action Racketeering Lawsuit Over Sexual Harassment

The mountain of litigation stemming from allegations of sexual harassment and assault against Harvey Weinstein continues to grow. On Wednesday, six women filed a proposed class-action lawsuit in federal court in New York against the disgraced film producer and his former companies, claiming that the system that exposed them to harassment from Weinstein was akin to organized crime.

“Harvey Weinstein is a predator. Bob (Weinstein) knew it. The board knew it. The lawyers knew it. The private investigators knew it. Hollywood knew it. We knew it. Now the world knows it,” the plaintiffs said in a joint statement. The six plaintiffs are: Louisette Geiss, Katherine Kendall, Zoe Brock, Sarah Ann Masse, Melissa Sagemiller, and Nannette Klatt.

I hate Weinstein as much as anyone but RICO was not meant to be used like this. MOO.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/11/harvey-weinstein-paz-de-la-huerta-rape-charges-unlikely/

HARVEY WEINSTEIN Rape Charges in Paz de la Huerta Case... HIGHLY UNLIKELY

De la Huerta has said she told her therapist about the rapes, but our law enforcement sources say it's not as clear as that. Law enforcement is aware of a correspondence in which the therapist recollects the 2010 session this way:

"I recall you reporting to me a sexual encounter with Harvey Weinstein involving intercourse in your apartment in 2010 that resulted in you feeling victimized. I recall you telling me that it felt coercive to you and that you didn't want to have sex with him, but felt you had to as he was a man of power and rank and you couldn't say no to his sexual advances."

Our law enforcement sources say the therapist's recollections do not show a lack of consent sufficient to prove rape

I guess my original post didn't illicit a response - I am so SICK of naked women being exploited in movies.

I guess my original post didn't illicit a response - I am so SICK of naked women being exploited in movies.

I agree. But the feminists will all rant and rave that women should be able to be as naked and as sexy as they want - on screen and off, with no fallout, no comment and no judgement. I understand that to a *point*, but it’s getting ridiculous. Does every movie need a scene in a strip joint? A soft *advertiser censored* scene? A violent rape? 90% of the time it’s purely superfluous and salacious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a feminist and I gotta say, women should be able to be as naked and as sexy as they want - on screen and off, with no fallout, no comment and no judgement!!!!

/s

Except for the feminist part.

[emoji106]❤️[emoji8]

ETA: One of my best, most beloved friends was Tex. She was a guitar-playing lead singer in a punk band. She was also a died-in-the-wool feminist. She also was a pretty hard-right conservative, housewife, stay-at-home Mom and home-schooled her kids for several years.

She also was a feminist.

I miss her. She died from cancer a few years ago. It was the only thing whose *advertiser censored** she couldn’t kick.

Feminism is a lot of things, but its essence is that a woman has the right to live their lives in a way that best suits them, and be treated with respect as a human being. THAT is liberating. THAT is a powerful woman.

I’m a feminist and I gotta say, women should be able to be as naked and as sexy as they want - on screen and off, with no fallout, no comment and no judgement!!!!

/s

Except for the feminist part.

[emoji106]❤️[emoji8]

ETA: One of my best, most beloved friends was Tex. She was a guitar-playing lead singer in a punk band. She was also a died-in-the-wool feminist. She also was a pretty hard-right conservative, housewife, stay-at-home Mom and home-schooled her kids for several years.

She also was a feminist.

I miss her. She died from cancer a few years ago. It was the only thing whose *advertiser censored** she couldn’t kick.

Feminism is a lot of things, but its essence is that a woman has the right to live their lives in a way that best suits them, and be treated with respect as a human being. THAT is liberating. THAT is a powerful woman.

It's all about consensual activity. Women should be free to do as they want. They shouldn't be forced into sexual situations against their will.

It's all about consensual activity. Women should be free to do as they want. They shouldn't be forced into sexual situations against their will.

Yes, that’s absolutely key. Thank you. That’s a key driver in feminism and the fight for equality.

So poignant. Selma Hayek’s column about how she was treated likely resonates with many women on many levels.

Lots more at the link:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...lma-hayek-harvey-weinstein.html?smid=tw-share

(snip)

“When so many women came forward to describe what Harvey had done to them, I had to confront my cowardice and humbly accept that my story, as important as it was to me, was nothing but a drop in an ocean of sorrow and confusion. I felt that by now nobody would care about my pain — maybe this was an effect of the many times I was told, especially by Harvey, that I was nobody.

“We are finally becoming conscious of a vice that has been socially accepted and has insulted and humiliated millions of girls like me, for in every woman there is a girl. I am inspired by those who had the courage to speak out, especially in a society that elected a president who has been accused of sexual harassment and assault by more than a dozen women and whom we have all heard make a statement about how a man in power can do anything he wants to women.

“Well, not anymore.

(snip)

“I did not care about the money; I was so excited to work with him and that company. In my naïveté, I thought my dream had come true. He had validated the last 14 years of my life. He had taken a chance on me — a nobody. He had said yes.

“Little did I know it would become my turn to say no.

“No to opening the door to him at all hours of the night, hotel after hotel, location after location, where he would show up unexpectedly, including one location where I was doing a movie he wasn’t even involved with.

“No to me taking a shower with him.

“No to letting him watch me take a shower.

“No to letting him give me a massage.

“No to letting a naked friend of his give me a massage.

“No to letting him give me oral sex.

“No to my getting naked with another woman.

“No, no, no, no, no …

“And with every refusal came Harvey’s Machiavellian rage.

(snip)

“...from sweet-talking me to that one time when, in an attack of fury, he said the terrifying words, ‘I will kill you, don’t think I can’t.’”

So poignant. Selma Hayek’s column about how she was treated likely resonates with many women on many levels.

Lots more at the link:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...lma-hayek-harvey-weinstein.html?smid=tw-share

(snip)

“When so many women came forward to describe what Harvey had done to them, I had to confront my cowardice and humbly accept that my story, as important as it was to me, was nothing but a drop in an ocean of sorrow and confusion. I felt that by now nobody would care about my pain — maybe this was an effect of the many times I was told, especially by Harvey, that I was nobody.

“We are finally becoming conscious of a vice that has been socially accepted and has insulted and humiliated millions of girls like me, for in every woman there is a girl. I am inspired by those who had the courage to speak out, especially in a society that elected a president who has been accused of sexual harassment and assault by more than a dozen women and whom we have all heard make a statement about how a man in power can do anything he wants to women.

“Well, not anymore.

(snip)

“I did not care about the money; I was so excited to work with him and that company. In my naïveté, I thought my dream had come true. He had validated the last 14 years of my life. He had taken a chance on me — a nobody. He had said yes.

“Little did I know it would become my turn to say no.

“No to opening the door to him at all hours of the night, hotel after hotel, location after location, where he would show up unexpectedly, including one location where I was doing a movie he wasn’t even involved with.

“No to me taking a shower with him.

“No to letting him watch me take a shower.

“No to letting him give me a massage.

“No to letting a naked friend of his give me a massage.

“No to letting him give me oral sex.

“No to my getting naked with another woman.

“No, no, no, no, no …

“And with every refusal came Harvey’s Machiavellian rage.

(snip)

“...from sweet-talking me to that one time when, in an attack of fury, he said the terrifying words, ‘I will kill you, don’t think I can’t.’”

What a great article. She really nailed it.

Not sure if I can link to a celebrity Twitter account, but Rose McGowan tweeted this evening that Harvey Levin from TMZ is harassing her and that Harvey Levin is on Harvey Weinstein's payroll. You don't need a twitter account to read tweets.

Matt Damon Is Being Destroyed On Twitter After A Trainwreck Interview About Sexual Abuse

Matt Damon isn’t done talking about Harvey Weinstein (or sexual misconduct in general, for that matter.) In a trainwreck of an interview with Peter Travers for ABC about Damon’s new film Downsizing, Damon was questioned about his former collaborator Weinstein and the floodgates that have since opened in Hollywood with abuse victims coming forward. Rather than coming back with a relatively prepared answer, Damon began with what seemed to be a smart, thoughtful response and quickly pivoted to sharing his opinions on what he believes to be a “spectrum of behavior” when it comes to sexual misconduct:

https://decider.com/2017/12/15/matt...xual-misconduct-comments/misconduct-comments/

Matt Damon's on Hollywood Sexual Misconduct Scandals: 'There's a Spectrum'
Actor slams Harvey Weinstein for alleged behavior but says Louis C.K. should be forgiven

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...pectrum-in-sexual-misconduct-scandals-w514152

In a recent interview for ABC's Popcorn with Peter Travers (hosted by Rolling Stone's longtime film critic), Damon lauded the men and women who have come forward with their stories of sexual harassment, assault and abuse at the hands of boldfaced names like Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Louis C.K. and Al Franken, among many others. But the conclusion that he has drawn, Damon said, is that not all misconduct is created equal.

"I think it's wonderful that women are feeling empowered to tell their stories and it's totally necessary," he said. "I do believe there's a spectrum of behavior. … You know, there's a difference between, you know, patting someone on the butt and rape or child molestation, right? Both of those behaviors need to be confronted and eradicated without question, but they shouldn't be conflated."

He's kind of stating the obvious here, imo. But I do disagree with his assumption that Louis CK hasn't done anything criminal.

Using Damon's own logic
, he shouldn't conflate Louis CK's behavior with "patting someone on the butt." If there's indeed a continuum and if allegations of Weinstein (rape, etc.) and Moore (alleged child sexual abuse) are at one end — then allegations (that CK has admitted to, btw) of exposing his genitals and performing sex acts on himself in front on non-consenting women are not at the "opposite" end. They are not comparable to rear-end patting.

That's almost funny. ... Almost.

I'm not sure Damon is informed enough about any of these issues to be taken literally. Obviously.

As for what Damon would do if allegations came out against him? He says:

"We would then go to mediation and organize a settlement," he said of lawyering up in such a hypothetical situation. "I'd go, 'I don't want this out there. … it's going to be overshadowing the opening of this movie. How much money do you want?' The lawyers would get together, and they do this cost-benefit analysis, and they'd go, 'Oh, this is what it's worth.' And I look at the number and go, 'OK, I’ll pay it, but you can never talk about this again. You're fu*king lying about this, but never talk about this again.'"

So, he'd just "do this cost-benefit analysis" and pay off accusers, no questions asked? I don't believe that, either.

But that's just my own humble opinion.

He also claims he, nor nobody he worked with, knew anything about Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct.

MOO

Not caring for Meryl Streep's response on HW. She stood have stayed silent imo. She didn't and looks to me like she has much to hide as far as previous knowledge of the allegations. When one goes on and on as MS did in this response - one usually reveals more than they should.

I wasn't deliberately silent. I didn't know. I don't tacitly approve of rape. I didn't know. I don't like young women being assaulted. I didn't know this was happening.
He needed me much more than I needed him and he made sure I didn't know.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/entertainment/meryl-streep-rose-mcgowan/index.html

I'm pretty convinced, by MS, that she did in fact know. HW needed MS more than she needed him, in MS's opinion? After all these years the public needs to know that now?

Even Jane Fonda apologized for saying nothing when she knew what the accusations were all these years.

Not a big fan of MS to begin with - I like some of her movies, others I felt she just showed up to be in the movie with little interest in the script. It was mostly her manner and speeches at award ceremonies that turned me off.

I am really worried about the sexual abuse situation in Hollywood but I strongly disagree with those who have voiced on newspapers -and with slogans in marches- we should believe all women who have spoken out against this perv and other men who have been accused of doing the same thing.

We should not IMHO; we should not let our judgment become clouded by emotions and we should look at this on a case by case basis.

Yes, many of these sexual abuse tragedies took place but among the dozens and dozens of women who are speaking out now there are not only victims.

There are other two types of women as well:

1/those who used their sexuality to their advantage in order to move up the Hollywood career ladder and

2/ those who have never been any good at acting and are currently taking advantage of this situation to "jump on the bandwagon" not because they truly care about those women who have been raped and victimized -they don't- but because they are thinking "Hey, this is a good chance to get my name on the spotlight again"

I also disagree with those who have attacked Pamela Anderson on forums for saying something many of us females are thinking and which is very simple: Use your common sense. If a man invites you to go up his hotel room, say no. It is as simple as that. Don't get yourself in a situation which would 1/place you in jeopardy and 2/make you lose your dignity as a woman and as a human being.

Kudos to Salma Hayek for speaking out. I cried reading her letter on this issue. She has had to put up with sexual harassment, so much discrimination for being a Mexican national and so on and on... and she has proven to be a woman of integrity.

As for Meryl Streep... I better not say what I think of her behaviour and comments on this issue as it would not sound politically correct... at all.

I am really worried about the sexual abuse situation in Hollywood but I strongly disagree with those who have voiced on newspapers -and with slogans in marches- we should believe all women who have spoken out against this perv and other men who have been accused of doing the same thing.

We should not IMHO; we should not let our judgment become clouded by emotions and we should look at this on a case by case basis.

Yes, many of these sexual abuse tragedies took place but among the dozens and dozens of women who are speaking out now there are not only victims.

There are other two types of women as well:

1/those who used their sexuality to their advantage in order to move up the Hollywood career ladder and

2/ those who have never been any good at acting and are currently taking advantage of this situation to "jump on the bandwagon" not because they truly care about those women who have been raped and victimized -they don't- but because they are thinking "Hey, this is a good chance to get my name on the spotlight again"

I also disagree with those who have attacked Pamela Anderson on forums for saying something many of us females are thinking and which is very simple: Use your common sense. If a man invites you to go up his hotel room, say no. It is as simple as that. Don't get yourself in a situation which would 1/place you in jeopardy and 2/make you lose your dignity as a woman and as a human being.

Kudos to Salma Hayek for speaking out. I cried reading her letter on this issue. She has had to put up with sexual harassment, so much discrimination for being a Mexican national and so on and on... and she has proven to be a woman of integrity.

As for Meryl Streep... I better not say what I think of her behaviour and comments on this issue as it would not sound politically correct... at all.

In the video posted above (BBC interview with Harvey's former assistant), she explains the meetings in the hotel rooms. Harvey regularly and routinely held business meetings in his hotel suites. That context helped me understand why someone would go to a man's hotel room.

And, even though he did hold legit business meetings in hotel suites, some women refused to meet with him there. They were wise - and perhaps warned by others to be careful.

The interview really was helpful in understanding some aspects of the cases that are hard to understand. For those who ask, "Why didn't the women say something?" the interview will give an example of what happened to a woman how DID say something 19 years ago.

jmopinion

Nevermind. I said something nasty about Harvey and don't want to go to the punish chair, so I deleted it.

Liars get outed pretty quickly in situations like this, which is why I stand by my words that we believe first and let the wrinkles get ironed out as the situation progresses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back