CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loreet and Columbo, I agree with both of you. I guess when the inconsistencies come in is when I start to question the story. There are many things that don't make much sense, but I suppose could be explained away. The one I have the most trouble getting past is the fact that Hassani disappeared into thin air within a matter of a couple minutes. If LR had said it'd been even ten minutes, maybe. But only a couple minutes for a handicapped boy to either walk away or for someone to have been able to get him from the car and carry him away? Just doesn't seem possible.

I agree, a few minutes does not seem like alot of time, but I do think it is enough for someone to grab a 30 lb child who may not completely understand he is being abducted or threatened, stow them away in a car/van and take off. If this drop-off was a routine for this family, I believe it plausible that someone might have seen their "system" before and was waiting on this day, just as the odds do not favor the innocence of the foster parents.

I am unsure why the pregnant foster mom was unwilling to take a lie detector test, though, if they are innocent -- there are no drugs involved and no physical hazards to the baby -- stress, yes, but more stress than your child being missing? I think not.

Anybody know what medication(s) Hassani was on?

There's something that just popped into my mind that I am not "getting". It's been said that Ross didn't go into the store, he just stood at the front door--is that correct? So if he was just standing there, and someone took Hassani from the dead-end alley, they HAD to enter the alley from College Ave, and emerge on College Ave, right adjacent to the store....so wouldn't Ross have seen that, with his peripheral vision or if he turned his head? It seems like he would notice someone dodging in and then emerging with Hassani in their arms?

Of course this theory totally depends on whether or not Ross actually entered the store--I keep hearing that he did not go in.

There's something that just popped into my mind that I am not "getting". It's been said that Ross didn't go into the store, he just stood at the front door--is that correct? So if he was just standing there, and someone took Hassani from the dead-end alley, they HAD to enter the alley from College Ave, and emerge on College Ave, right adjacent to the store....so wouldn't Ross have seen that, with his peripheral vision or if he turned his head? It seems like he would notice someone dodging in and then emerging with Hassani in their arms?

Of course this theory totally depends on whether or not Ross actually entered the store--I keep hearing that he did not go in.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:clap: Precisley :thumb:

Father of missing Fremont boy leaves home with police this afternoon
Posted: 08/14/2009 02:17:26 PM PDT
Updated: 08/14/2009 02:36:05 PM PDT
<snipped>
Two Oakland detectives driving an unmarked police car led the foster father of missing 5-year-old Hassani Campbell away from his home this afternoon for additional questioning.

The two investigators were at Louis Ross' home on Roxie Terrance in Fremont on Friday afternoon, and at about 1:30 p.m., the officers exited the home and waited at their vehicle, which was half parked on the sidewalk.

A few minutes later, Ross emerged from his family's two-story home wearing a light-colored dress shirt and dark colored pants.

He walked swiftly across the lawn and got into the back seat of the police vehicle. The car then drove off.

Today's visit with Ross was a routine part of the investigation, police said. The lead homicide investigator assigned to the case had not previously spoken directly with the boy's foster father, and wanted to get up to speed. Ross was not taken to the police station.

SEE VIDEO:
http://www.qik.com/video/2526712

Reach Ben Aguirre Jr. at 510-353-7011.
Read his blog at:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/tricitybeat

And Twitter Feed At:
http://www.twitter.com/benaguirrejr

Article:
http://www.mercurynews.com/alamedacounty/ci_13093572
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father of missing Fremont boy leaves home with detectives this afternoon
Posted: 08/14/2009 02:05:04 PM PDT
Updated: 08/14/2009 03:11:51 PM PDT
<snipped>
Two Oakland Police detectives driving an unmarked car took the foster father of missing 5-year-old Hassani Campbell away from his home this afternoon for additional questioning.

The two investigators were at Louis Ross' home on Roxie Terrace in Fremont this afternoon, and at about 1:30 p.m. the officers exited the home and waited at their vehicle, which was half parked on the sidewalk.

Today's visit with Ross was a routine part of the investigation, police said. The lead homicide investigator assigned to the case had not previously spoken directly with the boy's foster father and wanted to get up to speed. Ross was not taken to a police station.

Ross earlier this week took a polygraph test, reportedly administered by the FBI, but the results have not been released.

Police have been investigating Hassani's disappearance as a missing persons case but have called in homicide investigators. Meanwhile, today it was disclosed that earlier on the day Hassani was reported missing, Ross was seen at a Hayward salvage yard, possibly with the boy in the car.

According to Oakland Police, officers on Thursday visited salvage yards on West Winton Avenue and showed photos of Ross to people there as part of the investigation.

Article:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_13093246

:angel:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:clap: Precisley :thumb:

This is sort of an "aha" moment! It would explain the ever-changing stories! "Uh-oh, if they know I didn't go into the store they would wonder why I didn't see something...."

Thanks for the updates Angel. So now the story about the salvage yard is possibly Robert was in the car. Doesn't sound like anyone there physically saw him.

This link is to the rear parking area, behind the Shuz store.
Take a look at it through the street view, and then 'walk' to the front door of the store, if you'd like.

I am trying so hard to refrain from jumping to conclusions. I don't want the foster dad to be responsible, we have had so many of those lately, trusted authority kills child...I need just one case where the kid comes home safe, the bad guy goes to prison, FBI and local LE grouse at each other for a while over who gets to claim the credit and everybody goes home with a nice happy glow at the end of the day.

But, here in the real world, it looks worse and worse for Ross, and also for Hassani. If Ross did do something to him, then he more than likely is dead. If Ross and other known parties aren't involved, it still looks bad for Hassani, because LE has focused hard on Ross that the most precious hours and now gone and wasted.
At this point, I don't see how it can end well.

This link is to the rear parking area, behind the Shuz store.
Take a look at it through the street view, and then 'walk' to the front door of the store, if you'd like.

Is that a blind doorway off of the right side of the drive, or does it go anywhere?

I agree, a few minutes does not seem like alot of time, but I do think it is enough for someone to grab a 30 lb child who may not completely understand he is being abducted or threatened, stow them away in a car/van and take off. If this drop-off was a routine for this family, I believe it plausible that someone might have seen their "system" before and was waiting on this day, just as the odds do not favor the innocence of the foster parents.

I am unsure why the pregnant foster mom was unwilling to take a lie detector test, though, if they are innocent -- there are no drugs involved and no physical hazards to the baby -- stress, yes, but more stress than your child being missing? I think not.

Anybody know what medication(s) Hassani was on?

Are we sure she's not taking it because it could hurt the baby ?
Maybe with all the chemical/hormonal fluctuations the tests are less accurate ? Could there be a higher incidence of false positives ?
If that's the case, they may not have wanted her to take it. IDK

Is that a blind doorway off of the right side of the drive, or does it go anywhere?

Good question...if it is a door, then it could blow my theory* right out of the water. I zoomed in as much as I could, and it looks like there might be a metal grill or heavy wooden door in that little shear wall that would lead to the backyard of the house there.

* My theory that the alley way was a dead end, and a kidnapper would have to enter and exit via College Ave, and thus, Ross should have seen him/her if he didn't go into the store, but just stood at the front door.( LOL, this has probably been everyone's theory all along and I'm just slow to catch on! )

I guess someone could have been lying in wait behind that door, if it is a door....

Are we sure she's not taking it because it could hurt the baby ?
Maybe with all the chemical/hormonal fluctuations the tests are less accurate ? Could there be a higher incidence of false positives ?
If that's the case, they may not have wanted her to take it. IDK

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6961528

The story at the above link indicated the reason JC didn't want to take a polygraph was the stress to the baby.

This link describes the relationship of pregnancy to the administration/taking of polygraph tests:

http://www.polytest.org/polyfaq2003.htm

Q: Can a pregnant woman be tested?
A: It does not affect the outcome of a polygraph exam to test a pregnant woman unless the fetus is making excessive movements or causing pain to the mother during the exam. Many examiners will not test a pregnant woman under any circumstances, but others are ok with testing after the first tri-mester. Some examiners will test only with a note from the woman's physician stating that there are no complications from the pregnancy and that the stress of taking a polygraph would not impact the health of the mother or fetus. Note: Most examiners in Texas are not permitted to test a pregnant person.

I just watched the interview with Nancy G. & Foster Dad Ross. I really felt the father was sincere, well spoken & frustrated. I really do not think this is parental abuse. JMO
I pray for a good ending to this story. God bless you,Hassani!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi