CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Courtney Tascoe-Burris is an actress/model.

Yes I looked her up. She doesn't have any experience listed as a model/actress but she is young and I wish her luck.

If she should stumble across this post, I would also like to suggest she change her profile pic on her facebook if she wishes to create a "public persona" assisting victims, victims rights, or missing children. Nothing too risque but once your name is in the news, you're going to draw attention to yourself. JMHO.

Yes I looked her up. She doesn't have any experience listed as a model/actress but she is young and I wish her luck.

If she should stumble across this post, I would also like to suggest she change her profile pic on her facebook if she wishes to create a "public persona" assisting victims, victims rights, or missing children. Nothing too risque but once your name is in the news, you're going to draw attention to yourself. JMHO.

Yeah, the FB pic is a little... well, not the best for right now.

i totally agree with you. IMO Mr. Burris is an excellent attorney and i highly doubt he would be in cahoots with anyone. he gets a bad rap because he goes after cops, but if you look at the cases he represents people in, they are usually justified. he also gets a bad rap because when he comes for them, he brings it fierce. he's been right about this case so far, he said they jumped the gun with the arrests in order to try and press them and that is seemingly exactly what they did, as evidenced by them having to release the two for lack of evidence. i don't think i've ever read where he says that he thinks that they are innocent or anything.

I gave it some thought when I drove to pick up my daughter a bit ago and I really don't forsee a civil suit on behalf of JC coming from Burris given what we know so far.

He does make some very interesting comments in reference to LWR or lack thereof. I'm trying not to read anything into it because he isn't going to represent LWR once he is rearrested. As for JC, like I said I really don't see Burris filing civil suit against the LE. Burris specialty is LE misconduct and I haven't see any yet. JMHO. Yes he is very good at what he does.

Of course you know I went to the Walmart website and looked up if they carried minifridge's. LOL.

They do. In fact, when I saw them I remembered that I had seen them on a back to school college dorm aisle.

I only glanced at one of the types they carry but it only weighed Shipping Weight (in pounds): 46.7

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4858055

I think they might carry several types I don't know. Interesting theory.

LOL Kat, of course we knew you would go to the Walmart site. Thanks! and as WhyaDuck suggested - we should now get commission for spreading the word. :blowkiss:

Hope it isn't big enough to hold a small body!!! Trash pick-up is on Friday! Jennifer kissed Hasanni around 7:am Friday...and the neighbors do have trash pick-up I assume.

LOL Kat, of course we knew you would go to the Walmart site. Thanks! and as WhyaDuck suggested - we should now get commission for spreading the word. :blowkiss:

Hope it isn't big enough to hold a small body!!! Trash pick-up is on Friday!

I wonder if the stats for the minifridge search on the Wal~Mart site have spiked today.

ETA: Misspelled Wal~Mart... Yes, I live in a cave.

One more thought that is puzzling me about LWR. It's not really noteworthy but puzzles me all the same.

Given that Mr. Burris is known for prosecuting cases against LE for misconduct or brutality.

Why would LWR seek Mr. Burris out so very early in the investigation?

That sticks in my craw a bit. Because, most if not all parents/caregivers of missing children, once it is explained why it must be done, fully accept and facilitate the investigations into their life so that LE can rule them out quickly and move forward to find that child.

Now I could see if LWR had thought he had been mistreated after his recent stint in the pokey and afterwards sought out counsel from Mr. Burris.

But he didn't. He has been fighting LE tooth and nail since this all began, I call hogwash on his full cooperation with LE. LWR's up to something here IMHO.

One more thought that is puzzling me about LWR. It's not really noteworthy but puzzles me all the same.

Given that Mr. Burris is known for prosecuting cases against LE for misconduct or brutality.

Why would LWR seek Mr. Burris out so very early in the investigation?

That sticks in my craw a bit. Because, most if not all parents/caregivers of missing children, once it is explained why it must be done, fully accept and facilitate the investigations into their life so that LE can rule them out quickly and move forward to find that child.

Now I could see if LWR had thought he had been mistreated after his recent stint in the pokey and afterwards sought out counsel from Mr. Burris.

But he didn't. He has been fighting LE tooth and nail since this all began, I call hogwash on his full cooperation with LE. LWR's up to something here IMHO.

Yeah - if it had been "we're going to call an atty as a precaution," wouldn't it have been some low-profile one that they already had dealings with or something? You don't go to the big guns right away as a precaution.

Also, I notice you are using all three initials... only guilty people get the full three names. A sign, perhaps? :crazy:

I checked the Allied site and it confirmed that every residence in Fremont is required to have garbage service. They are also required to use the Allied service.

Originally Posted by ecatzippy http://www.fremont.gov/index.aspx?NID=139

There is only one company. Trash service is required at every residence in fremont.

Thank you! (from link, emphasis mine)

Allied Waste Services
All garbage services in Fremont are provided by Allied Waste Services. All residential and business properties are required by City law to have weekly garbage service.

So was the CSR wrong/lying or do they not have weekly service and are in violation of city law? Hmm!

I think we're set on the pickup being on Friday, so I don't believe they got rid of Hasanni that way.

Sorry to quote my own post too.

Based on ecatzippy's post, they either have none (which is violation of the city law) or Allied.

You're required to have weekly trash service, but you can also haul your garbage to the transfer station. http://www.fremont-recycling.com/

~snipped from link above~

IMPORTANT: We can only accept waste from the Tri-Cities, so please be prepared to show your identification!

Thank you in advance.

LR would not have gone there and showed ID. Not sure what Tri-Cities refers to but assumed Fremont is included since this is the Fremont Recycling and Transfer Station.

Yeah - if it had been "we're going to call an atty as a precaution," wouldn't it have been some low-profile one that they already had dealings with or something? You don't go to the big guns right away as a precaution.

Also, I notice you are using all three initials... only guilty people get the full three names. A sign, perhaps? :crazy:

LOL I'm sorry I just refer to him as LWR but I did drop the III haha :wink:

Exacadactly, when you don't have a job, your pregnant GF is supporting you while you pursue your dream of becoming a neurologist through volunteering at the local hospital and attending a medical class that will give you a "certification" in assisting ~ to go immediately to the "big guns" an attn who is known for his huge monetary wins for LE misconduct and brutality and not seek counsel from an attn who has experience in family law who might be better suited in advising how LE is conducting the investigation, or advise on how to retain custody of the other minor child...really makes me go "hmmm".

(Yes, I was being sarcastic about LWR heh)

Yes, I know that. Kat was just wondering specifically why she was in charge of the search efforts, so I was wondering if maybe she was the head of the Ascending Sisters organization that has taken on the case.

ETA: On closer inspection, FF, were you supplying me her first name? At first glance I thought you were letting me know about the relation to Burris. In any case, thanks.

Yeah, I was just giving a name reminder. I had typed it in the window immediately and then turned my attention away, so by the time I submitted it, it had already been answered.

bolded by me.

First I thought of OJ's lawyers--I'm sure they knew he was guilty but did they give a rip? I guess the difference is, there were 2 bodies. However, there's Hans Reiser -- his lawyer must have had some influence on him basically confessing and taking LE to the body of Nina.

I don't know why Burris' daughter would be involved, either.
Sorry if I'm rambling.

You aren't rambling columbo I understood what you are trying to say. Yes, Defense attn's will defend a client that we know that they have to know that the client is guilty. I don't think they can admit that publicly though, not sure.

I think the difference between the OJ case and this one is that in OJ's case the bodies had been found and homicide was the reason for their deaths.

I think the difference is here we have "no body" and as Mr. Burris said in one of his comments (something to the effect of) there is not evidence of a crime. So I am assuming that Mr. Burris doesn't have knowledge of where Hasanni is and is withholding that info.

LOL I'm sorry I just refer to him as LWR but I did drop the III haha :wink:

Exacadactly, when you don't have a job, your pregnant GF is supporting you while you pursue your dream of becoming a neurologist through volunteering at the local hospital and attending a medical class that will give you a "certification" in assisting ~ to go immediately to the "big guns" an attn who is known for his huge monetary wins for LE misconduct and brutality and not seek counsel from an attn who has experience in family law who might be better suited in advising how LE is conducting the investigation, or advise on how to retain custody of the other minor child...really makes me go "hmmm".

(Yes, I was being sarcastic about LWR heh)

:floorlaugh:

You aren't rambling columbo I understood what you are trying to say. Yes, Defense attn's will defend a client that we know that they have to know that the client is guilty. I don't think they can admit that publicly though, not sure.

I think the difference between the OJ case and this one is that in OJ's case the bodies had been found and homicide was the reason for their deaths.

I think the difference is here we have "no body" and as Mr. Burris said in one of his comments (something to the effect of) there is not evidence of a crime. So I am assuming that Mr. Burris doesn't have knowledge of where Hasanni is and is withholding that info.

I don't think Burris has any intimate knowledge of what happened to Hasanni and he does not seem to have any interest in criminally defending either of these two. It is my opinion that he his hovering near by Jennifer to sue the city/county afterwards.

That being said though if he was their defense attorney and had knowledge of what happened or where the body was he would be under no duty to report it. He would actually be in violation of his clients privilege. He would have a duty to encourage them to report this evidence to LE and he could not move, destroy, or instruct his client to move or destroy the evidence. But him not coming forward with info is not an indication in and of itself that he doesn't know.

I highly doubt he would ever allow himself to be in a situation where he had that information. Any defense attorney would cut you off before you told them anything of the sort. moo

Yeah, I was just giving a name reminder. I had typed it in the window immediately and then turned my attention away, so by the time I submitted it, it had already been answered.

Haha. Good. For a bit there, I thought I had suddenly become the only kid in the third grade that wasn't allowed to use a pen yet in your eyes. :p

What are the Ascending Sisters? I googled them but got nothing.

What are the Ascending Sisters? I googled them but got nothing.

They have a MySpace page, I know, but I couldn't find a website for them. I believe they are an African-American women's charitible organization in California. They are doing quite a bit for Hasanni's searches and fundraising, according to their Myspace.

I'm not sure someone could wheel around a minifridge in one of those regular shopping carts. But I guess that depends on just how mini this minifridge was.

I just went and looked at the one I bought my son at WALMART last year...I got the biggest one they had at the time. YES, it does fit in the cart, just about like the box in LR and JC's basket. It barely fits, but, you can balance it in there.

When it was asked if Hasanni would fit inside:eek: it would depend on the brand, but this was the biggest one they carried last year and there is NO WAY he would fit. The motor is on the bottom of the fridge(causing a large 'bump' in the bottom of the inside of fridge) that along with the little ice compartment, there is room for say a gallon of milk on the bottom shelf and a few sodas lying on the top shelf.

BUT~the BOX is WAY BIG ENOUGH...it came with LOTS of styrofoam about 2 inches or so around it on all sides...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine