CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on the news that a small vigil was held on Monday. This will be the last weekly vigil. They will move to once a month. There was no video of the foster parents so I don't know if they were there.

The Ardenwood Farms search was cancelled because East Bay Parks said they needed a proper search team. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=260501485003

The morning newscast said that there would be a search of Coyote Hills and the Hayward shoreline this weekend.

The Hayward shoreline is not a bad place to look if god forbid he was placed in the water.

In that video, Jennifer says that she would not be at the search (Lake Elizabeth) and that her efforts were in finding Hasanni alive.

I wonder if they have hired a private detective. Or what efforts they are making to find Hasanni alive.

Thanks for the search update, ecatzippy. I hope they find him soon.

In that video, Jennifer says that she would not be at the search (Lake Elizabeth) and that her efforts were in finding Hasanni alive.

I wonder if they have hired a private detective. Or what efforts they are making to find Hasanni alive.

I can see her not taking part in the searches - at 7 or 8 months pregnant, the heat would be pretty awful.

However, I would like to hear more details on what their efforts amount to... perhaps she is taping LR if he talks in his sleep...? :crazy:

:D that made me giggle. Thank you whyaduck!

Volunteers keep search for missing boy alive

BAY AREA NEWS GROUP
Posted: 09/22/2009 05:29:36 PM PDT
Updated: 09/22/2009 05:29:36 PM PDT

Since this debacle is straight out of a "Law and Order" episode, the police investigation into Hasanni's disappearance has pretty much ground to a halt. Oakland Police Department officials have said they have no new leads and are not actively searching for the child because they don't know where to search.

Because there are no new developments, there is nothing for reporters to report. A few soldier on at the Tribune doing what they can to give the story some oxygen. Most of the media swarm right now, however, is focused on Antioch—ground zero of the latest child abduction atrocity.

With no real clues to go on, volunteers are checking remote areas near Hasanni's home in Fremont as well as in the proximity of Rockridge where Ross says he disappeared.

It's basically like looking for a needle in a haystack.

"Occasionally, you do get lucky and find the needles," said Tena Oakley, a gas station manager in Newark who has been helping search for Hasanni. "The police departments don't have the personnel but somebody has got to do it."

Some people say the volunteers are wasting their time.

But who is to say they won't find Hasanni?

At least someone is looking.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/opinion/ci_13396741?nclick_check=1

bolded by me.

I wonder how/why JC is making this distinction? I understand she is pregnant and it would be uncomfortable to be out searching.

But--for example-- Michaela Garecht's mother has been standing by at the search of Garrido's property in hopes of finding something related to her daughter's abduction which was 21 years ago. She needs to find her daughter, dead or alive. So I don't understand JC's attitude.

bolded by me.

I wonder how/why JC is making this distinction? I understand she is pregnant and it would be uncomfortable to be out searching.

But--for example-- Michaela Garecht's mother has been standing by at the search of Garrido's property in hopes of finding something related to her daughter's abduction which was 21 years ago. She needs to find her daughter, dead or alive. So I don't understand JC's attitude.
I might be in the minority but I do understand. Hasanni and his sister were income for LR/JC. She is not his mother. She is expecting her own child. I honestly believe the reason they fought so hard to be foster parents was for that monthly income, so LR could go to school. At the time it probably sounded like an "easy job" but I believe LR couldn't handle Hasanni's disability and not being "perfect". MOO

I've just joined Websleuths and have read some of the many postings at each of the three threads and very much appreciate all the details being posted regarding Hasanni - it helps me catch me up a bit. I haven't read all of them though. I live in Hayward and do want to join in searching for Hasanni. Shoreline to mountain top. He's somewhere between Fremont and Oakland more than likely - but LR had alot of time in the day to do whatever he did. So could have reached further out than these two borders.

I read that he had gone to a auto wrecking yard on the day of Hasanni's disappearance, and that two people there had seen Hasanni with him in the car. Do you think the police have opened up each and every car there, each and every trunk on those cars? If I had owned an auto yard, and this case had happened on the very day that LR had been there, I'd be opening up each and every car myself, just to make sure they were empty.

I want to walk towards the shore in Hayward, out by the golf course and surrounding areas there, where there seems to be a lot of open flat and rolling dirt lots just before you get to the water.... I'll try to read more of your postings that might fill me in better with details. From what I read, LR did not work.... did he ever? I think I saw someone had written his life is a mystery -

I'll keep in touch and write again soon... thanks -

Welcome, CastleKeeper!

I am so glad that there is a local, such as yourself, keeping Hasanni in your thoughts.

If you read more on the threads, you will see that many here have gathered a lot of information, the people here are great! Please, don't be afraid to add anything that you feel is important.

Bless you friend and prayers for Hasanni.

Welcome Castlekeeper Glad to have some else here SEARCHING for 'Little Man.
Great having a local along.
I'm fairly new myself but, have found everyone here to be great. I've felt apart of the group since my 1st few posts.
You'll be surprized at the amount of info that has been compiled here. If you can scan the older threads, you'll find all the info you are looking for, (except, the answer to " WHERE IS HASANNI " ? ) :waitasec: that is the QUESTION that is making us :crazy: but, we all continue to :banghead: searching... there has to be something, somewhere,

IMO, more than 1 person knows the truth and 2 people can't keep a secret.

ETA: Whoops sorry I posted the article before I read the thread & now half see that WhyaDuck posted it already!
Sorry about that...I'll leave it just the same...his name & the thread needs as much bumping to remind everyone about Hasanni still missing! TIA :angel:

Volunteers keep search for missing boy alive
Posted: 09/22/2009 05:29:36 PM PDT
Updated: 09/22/2009 07:27:04 PM PDT
<snipped>
Six weeks ago, 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell disappeared.

Just like that. No trace.

The police later would arrest Ross and Campbell. But the Alameda County District Attorney booted the case, saying there wasn't enough evidence to file charges against the pair in connection with Hasanni's disappearance.

Since this debacle is straight out of a "Law and Order" episode, the police investigation into Hasanni's disappearance has pretty much ground to a halt. Oakland Police Department officials have said they have no new leads and are not actively searching for the child because they don't know where to search.

Because there are no new developments, there is nothing for reporters to report. A few soldier on at the Tribune doing what they can to give the story some oxygen. Most of the media swarm right now, however, is focused on Antioch&#8212;ground zero of the latest child abduction atrocity.

We hear about every new wrinkle in the horrendous story of Jaycee Dugard's kidnapping. The condition of this poor young woman's cats, dogs, birds and mouse, even make the national news.

But not the disappearance of an African-American boy who weighs just 40 lbs.

What keeps Hasanni's disappearance from falling off the radar completely is that there are regular people in our community who care.

People like Sherri-Lyn Miller who has helped organize volunteers to search for Hasanni. They have scoured Lake Elizabeth in Fremont, the Coyote and Oakand Hills. They have held vigils. Now, they're planning an October benefit to raise more money for the search effort.

What makes a struggling print shop owner in San Leandro spend more than $1,000 of her own money to try to find a child she doesn't even know? To spend hours upon hours on the phone needling police and other officials to get permission to bring hundreds of volunteers to search rural park areas for the missing boy?

To pound the pavement at Bayfair Center asking stores to donate to the search effort?

The other day, I paid a visit to Miller at All In 1 Stop, her print shop on E. 14th Street in San Leandro. Stenciled T-shirts bearing the pictures of young men and women murdered on the streets of Oakland lined the walls along with the Tribune's homicide map.

Miller, a gregarious woman, had two phones going at once as she made plans for another volunteer search party this Saturday in the Coyote Hills area. She says Oakland police investigators have told volunteers to search certain areas.

"It's a 5-year-old out there," Miller said. "He deserves to be found.

The problem of course is, the only person who knows where Hasanni is, is whoever saw him last.

With no real clues to go on, volunteers are checking remote areas near Hasanni's home in Fremont as well as in the proximity of Rockridge where Ross says he disappeared.

It's basically like looking for a needle in a haystack.

What makes someone spend an entire Saturday combing through brush looking for a child who could literally be anywhere?

"Occasionally, you do get lucky and find the needles," said Tena Oakley, a gas station manager in Newark who has been helping search for Hasanni.

"The police departments don't have the personnel but somebody has got to do it."

Some people say the volunteers are wasting their time. :(

But who is to say they won't find Hasanni?

At least someone is looking.
:yes:

To sign up for the search contact findhassani@gmail.com.

Article:
http://www.mercurynews.com/columns/ci_13396741

I can't believe it has been 6 weeks since our little guy was reported missing....at least Miller is trying her best to keep his name in the media! :clap:

It's his birthday tomorrow & you would think someone....anyone from his family would be pleading for help to find him. They all have seemed to have gone into hiding, cause they know the truth....he is already safe in the arms of God & the angels. Though he still needs to be found & be properly buried & Justice served for him too! He should be just as important as any other missing child to the media. ITA with the comment about Jaycee's pets making national news....What about Our Hasanni???? He is still missing & the POI's (LR &/or JC) need to get what is due to them a room in a jail cell!

I'm :furious: that LE isn't doing anything at all in this case...What about calling Tim Miller or another team of expert to assist in finding his body??? They have declared this a homicide case...Well do something about before all evidence is gone that would enable you to charge the person/s responsible for it! I'm just as mad at LE right now as I am with LR & JC! If they are so innocent why aren't you pleading for the kidnappers to bring Hasanni home for his birthday??? It's because you don't want him found...cause when he is you know where your living quarters will be!

Sorry all for the rant....I'm upset just thinking about this little guy & the birthday he should be all excited planning....starting kindergarden has passed for him too! yet still no pleading from not a single soul from anyone in his family...not even Grandma....his mother...aunts...uncles...cousins etc.

Just Ms Miller pounding the streets, parks, woods etc. trying her best to find him! :clap:

P.S. OT: Sorry if I have typos I have antibiotic onitment in my both my eyes & things are a bit blurry for my infections. Off to have eyelid surgery on 1 eye today at 11:30am & haven't been able to sleep...toooooo nervous!!!! :winko: <<<<< me later today when I log in after surgery! :biggrin:

:praying: For Justice For Hasanni!

:angel:

:wave: Welcome to CastleKeeper Ws's!!!

welcome005.gif

:angel:​

Angel Who Cares, I hope the surgery goes well. Take care of yourself!!
Columbo

I might be in the minority but I do understand. Hasanni and his sister were income for LR/JC. She is not his mother. She is expecting her own child. I honestly believe the reason they fought so hard to be foster parents was for that monthly income, so LR could go to school. At the time it probably sounded like an "easy job" but I believe LR couldn't handle Hasanni's disability and not being "perfect". MOO

I get what you are saying--I think what I am driving at is that all the wailing & sobbing by JC, and speaking of Hasanni as "my son" by LR,etc,etc, doesn't match up with their almost total lack of trying to find any trace of him. I guess it's obvious, most of us agree, they think they are fooling someone....

~snipped from CastleKeeper~

I read that he had gone to a auto wrecking yard on the day of Hasanni's disappearance, and that two people there had seen Hasanni with him in the car. Do you think the police have opened up each and every car there, each and every trunk on those cars? If I had owned an auto yard, and this case had happened on the very day that LR had been there, I'd be opening up each and every car myself, just to make sure they were empty.

The last confirmed sighting of Hasanni was on August 6 at Wal-Mart.

JC allegedly saw him around 7 a.m. on August 10, when she left for work.

And you are right, it had been reported that 2 people had seen Hasanni at PYP, but law enforcement is not accepting witness ID (at least not in my opinion). We don't know whether they actually looked at the boy with LR or whether LR made a comment that implied the child with him was Hasanni. If it's the latter, then I can easily understand why LE is not taking that as a confirmed sighting.

Personally, I think Hasanni is on the other side of Oakland (well "away" from Fremont" so I guess there is more than one "side.")

IMO it was LR who made Hasanni disappear, and if he planned from the get-go to have Hasanni disappear from Oakland, I think he would not leave Hasanni between Oakland and Fremont. I think LR was coming from the wrong direction and would have pinged in the wrong place for his story to make sense. I think that's why he didn't call Jennifer. All that is just my opinion.

Since I thought JC would crack in jail if she knew something, I'm starting to think that she doesn't know anything. This leaves a whole lot of time (7 a.m.ish to 3ish) to do something with Hasanni's body.

I wish I knew what time he was at PYP. Because that sort of breaks things up as far as how far he could have traveled between there and arriving at Shuz.

Done babbling for now.

Are there limitations on what the money one gets for being a foster parent can be used on?

I guess I was thinking of it as "child support" type money ... shouldn't it pay for expenses for Hasanni and AC?

Are there limitations on what the money one gets for being a foster parent can be used on?

I guess I was thinking of it as "child support" type money ... shouldn't it pay for expenses for Hasanni and AC?

Well, it should be for the upkeep of the kid(s) - but I am sure there are many cases of people caring for children (in the most minimal sense of the word) for the $$.

ETA: I have one of these little jizo statues, and I'm going to light a candle for Hasanni on the 24th, on what would have been his 6th birthday.

jizo1.jpg

More about jizo from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizo

In Japan, K&#7779;itigarbha, known as *advertiser censored*&#333;, or Ojiz&#333;-sama as he is respectfully known, is one of the most loved of all Japanese divinities. His statues are a common sight, especially by roadsides and in graveyards. Traditionally, he is seen as the guardian of children, particularly children who died before their parents.

Take care Hasanni. We haven't forgotten you!

So, she's only interested in looking for a live Hasanni...

Gee, where have we heard that before? :rolleyes:

Next thing you know, LR will be toting a donation jar and buying a fishing er, I mean search boat.

PYP - I think I read that was in Hayward somewhere... my mind continues to think about this car yard. when I was a teen, my dad worked on cars and when he needed a part, he just went to the car yard and they let him in to wander to find it. I don't think it was supervised. They knew him after all those years and many trips there from time to time. I'm just thinking... wouldn't that be a place to leave a kid when no one was looking? just one possibility is all - there are gazillions of places he could have been left - and what was LR doing at a car junk yard - did he work on cars? did he need a part? for what? for whom? just questions..... Happy Birthday to little Hasanni tomorrow - such a cute little guy - (I was a single parent and raised two boys - so I just love boys - girls are okay too! just squeekier! :)) thanks all for the welcome - I was glad I could find my way back... so lets find him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy