CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an apple and cinnamon candle all ready for Hasanni tomorrow. It's fall, and it seems about right for the occasion.

And me and the tot are going to celebrate and watch the Spongebob movie.

Happy birthday, Hasanni.

I won't be able to get here until after work tomorrow, so ~

:HappyBday Happy Birthday, Hasanni! :HappyBday

Keep Hasanni's name out there! Please, tomorrow: siggy-note, Twitter, blog, facebook, email, myspace and talk about Hasanni. Keep him in peoples' minds, hearts and prayers.

Here are some useful links for this purpose:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1129016&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/hassani-campbell

http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/hassani-campbell.html

ETA: Though, the reward is out of date, and do note even this has "braces on his legs" in the description, which you might want to mention. sigh.

I have an apple and cinnamon candle all ready for Hasanni tomorrow. It's fall, and it seems about right for the occasion.

And me and the tot are going to celebrate and watch the Spongebob movie.

Happy birthday, Hasanni.

Would you care if I threw in some decorations of balloons and such?

Novice Seeker

Thinking of Hasanni. You are in the hearts of many, sweet boy!

:blowkiss:

Family Privately Commemorates Hasanni Campbell's Birthday

Posted: 5:03 pm PDT September 24, 2009
FREMONT, Calif. -- The family of Hasanni Campbell will be privately commemorating his sixth birthday Thursday, while volunteers are organizing another search for the missing Fremont boy on Saturday. Sherri-Lyn Miller, a San Leandro print shop owner who has been organizing regular searches for Hasanni, had originally planned to hold an event for the boy, but it was called off out of respect to the family.

Hasanni's grandmother, Pamela Clark, said the family "is just in seclusion" Thursday. However, Miller said that organizers will be searching Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont starting at 8 a.m. Saturday.

The boy's foster mother, Jennifer Campbell, works at the store. Ross, 38, and Campbell, 30, lived with Hasanni and another child, a 1-year-old girl, in Fremont.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/21108876/detail.html

I wonder if she is back working there or if this is just more bad reporting? Sorry ... I see this is the same story as posted above, but am leaving it anyway. Is KTVU the same as Channel 5?

From same link as above. Where is the family who loves him? Why are strangers the only ones making the effort to find this little boy?

Miller said people wishing to join the search can call (510) 276-9090 or send an e-mail to findhasanni@gmail.com. Volunteers will also be at the Rockridge Street Festival on Sunday, wearing T-shirts and passing out flyers with the goal of "getting his picture back out there," Miller said.

God Bless Ms. Miller. I wish I was nearby so I could help.

You have a beautiful soul Ms. Miller, thank you!

..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY,..... 'Little Man,.....

Wishin you could be here to celebrate being 6

.....We could have had a Great Sponge Bob Party..... :sponge:

We won't just let It go, Buddy,
.....We'll keep searching

Hi all and sorry for my absence! I've been sick and it's just tough when there's nothing going on and nothing to work with . . .

I left my birthday wishes for Hasanni but didn't want to leave anything negative on that thread . . . anyone else notice the findHasanni website is still, dare I say, crap? Plus, it doesn't even mention anything about this being is sixth birthday. Disgusting. At least we are all sending him our wishes . . .

Going to catch up a little :run:

Hi all and sorry for my absence! I've been sick and it's just tough when there's nothing going on and nothing to work with . . .

I left my birthday wishes for Hasanni but didn't want to leave anything negative on that thread . . . anyone else notice the findHasanni website is still, dare I say, crap? Plus, it doesn't even mention anything about this being is sixth birthday. Disgusting. At least we are all sending him our wishes . . .

Going to catch up a little :run:

I didn't look today, but it is sad that no one updated for his birthday.

Happy Birthday Our Little Guy Hasanni!
So sorry :angel: is late with your birthday wishes!

168.gif

P.S. I didn't forget about our little guy...I had eyelid surgery & was having a rough day from swelling, vision, & pain yesterday! I even was talking about him during my surgery to the DR! :blowkiss:
:angel:​

I don't know if this will post correctly so that you can view it, and I'm sure you've probably already seen this - but posting in case you hadn't. It helps to get the 'story' of what happened straight from the horse's mouth. To see him say it. I hold an ounce back that he didn't do something himself to Hasanni, just basing it on the fact of what happened to Jaycee Dugard and it turned out to NOT be her step-father as everyone had thought all those years when she turned up (thankfully and unbelievably) this summer as a truly kidnapped person - I made some notes from reading things today and am going to drive around to a few places in the Hayward area or beyond, just to get moving so I'm not sitting still here doing nothing. maybe take a walk around if the scene compels me to...

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/js/2.0/video/evp/module.js?loc=dom&vid=/video/crime/2009/08/13/ng.missing.dad.cnn" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from <a href="http://www.cnn.com/video">CNN Video</a></noscript>

~snipped~

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/js/2.0/video/evp/module.js?loc=dom&vid=/video/crime/2009/08/13/ng.missing.dad.cnn" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from <a href="http://www.cnn.com/video">CNN Video</a></noscript>

Not sure what you were trying to show us. I'll try to find it based on the www.cnn.com/video

What gets me is that there was no scent of Hasanni in that driveway. And that nobody in that very busy downtown area saw Hasanni.

Jaycee's stepdad saw the car, gave description of the kidnappers (which it turned out, was spot on). We don't have that luxury (if you'll excuse the term) here.

ETA: To answer your question on your previous post, according to Louis Ross, he was at PYP looking for a part to an older car he is working on. Reports on his actions there conflict with one another: He either left the child/children in the car or did not get out of the car at all.

This is the transcript from the Nancy Grace video from August 13.

~snipped~ to only include the info on Hasanni.

GRACE: Very quickly, a 5-year-old little boy afflicted with cerebral palsy, braces on his ankles, missing. Take a listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Authorities in Oakland, California are searching for clues in the case of missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell who is disabled with cerebral palsy.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Police say around 4:00, they received a call for help from the 5-year-old boy`s father. He told officers he drove his son to Shuz of Rockridge where the boy`s mother works so he could leave the child in her care.

Police say the father left the boy in the BMW of the back lot of the store while he walked around to the front to unlock the door. When the father opened the store`s back door, he told police his son was gone.

LOUIS ROSS, HASANNI CAMPBELL, MISSING CHILD`S FOSTER FATHER: I feel responsible for this.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Immediately, there was this -- five or six cop cars right after that. It was pretty quick. A number of our regulars ran out to try to see if they could find the little boy.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The entire area was shut down by investigators as search dogs combed for clues. Police fearful Hasanni may have been abducted.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: The very latest in this case, to Henry K. Lee, "San Francisco Chronicle" reporter. What about it?

HENRY K. LEE, REPORTER, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE, COVERING STORY: Well, Nancy, it`s been several days since anyone has seen Hasanni. And we do know that the -- his foster father, Louis Ross, has taken a polygraph. Still no signs of the little boy, Nancy, as every hour becomes critical.

GRACE: To Sebastian Kunz, KNEW Radio, I understand that he has agreed to a polygraph?

SEBASTIAN KUNZ, REPORTER, KNEW RADIO, COVERING STORY: That`s correct, Nancy. In fact, that went down yesterday, according to the reports we`re hearing. Now, the foster mother in the case did not want to take a polygraph. She is six months pregnant and was concerned there might have been a health risk involved there. But in fact, the foster father did take a polygraph test yesterday.

GRACE: With me right now, special guest, that foster father to Hasanni, Louis Ross. Mr. Ross, thank you for being with us.

ROSS: You`re welcome.

GRACE: Mr. Ross, I understand that you volunteered to take a polygraph.

ROSS: Yes, I did. We have nothing to hide. And basically, it was just -- this has been a traumatic experience but we understood that the police have a job to do, and that -- part of that job is really on everybody so polygraph was basically a normal process.

GRACE: Mr. Ross, I really admire that. Mr. Ross, explain to me in the moments that we have left, everyone wants to know, you left the boy in the car. But now that I understand what you`re telling us, it`s much more innocent than it sounds.

ROSS: Yes. And that`s part of our frustration. I mean outside of our son being missing, the information that`s being put through the media, the majority of it is incorrect. Let`s begin with where my son was when I left. This is a routine that we have had for the past four to five months, because actually I`m in a class from 6:00 to 9:30 on those nights, and there is a time window where we needed someone to watch the kids.

I would be in class, and Jennifer would be at work. Their aunt. So I would drop the kids off at the store, and they would stay in the back room and play with each other until she got off work, and they would all come home together, and I would see them at 9:30, 10:00 at night when I got home from class.

As normal routine, I would pull into the back park -- there`s a little small parking lot behind the store that accommodates about two to four cars. I would pull into that parking spot, then proceed to basically get out of my side, walk around, open up the door for Hasanni.

And because that was normal routine, Hasanni is not as physically disabled as has been portrayed in the media. Number one, he does not wear silver leg braces that`s been thrown out there in the media, which is kind of disconcerting, because to me, that was a discriminator.

If I`m scanning, looking for a child and you tell me he`s missing and he`s wearing silver leg braces on the outside of his clothes, that`s what I`m looking at. We were extremely frustrated to say that that story got out. And it was.

GRACE: Right. Aren`t they small, white braces on his ankles?

ROSS: Yes. And you.

GRACE: OK.

ROSS: Don`t need to wait for you to see them as if you actually -- he was wearing shorts.

ROSS: And even then you would actually have to look down in his spleen.

GRACE: So you open the door, and you`re in this back parking lot, and then what happened?

ROSS: I opened up his car door. While I open up the door, he`s has already taken off his seatbelt from his car seat.

GRACE: Right.

ROSS: And he`s standing up, waiting to get out. As I walk around to hit the side with his sister, I say Hasanni, go stand by the back door. He`s done this a couple of times before.

I grab his sister, who`s 19 months, and I take her with me.

GRACE: Right.

ROSS: Before leaving the car, I pop the trunk of the car and open the trunk and I shut the door. So at this time, his door is open, and the trunk of my car is open. And then I proceed to the front of the store. At the front of the store, I don`t walk inside. I`m still on the sidewalk. I see their aunt. She knows why I`m there. I tell her, open up the back door.

ROSS: She turns to walk to the back to open up the door. I then circle back, the same way I came, right around the corner, to basically hand over Alia. By the time I got there, Jennifer is already out of the store, walking toward me, asking where is Hasanni, and I say, what do you mean, where is Hasanni, and I look around to the side, and he is no longer there.

GRACE: Everyone, with me right now is Hasanni`s foster father, Louis Ross. He`s been the subject of intense, intense scrutiny being the last one with the little boy. His explanation is perfectly crystal-clear. He is taking your calls.

As we go to break, I want to wish a very happy birthday to a New York friend of the show. A proud mother of three, beautiful Anita Torres. Happy birthday. And thank you to Annette Rosy and Borders Bookstore, Columbus Circle, New York, for hosting a book signing just before we went to air. Thank you.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Back to the father of Hasanni Campbell, a 5-year-old little boy. He is not wearing big, silver leg braces, wearing little plastic, I think, white color braces around his ankles. He simply can`t jump or run. You wouldn`t even notice them unless he had on shorts.

Louis Ross, it sounds like he was only standing there unattended for just a matter of seconds. Maybe less than a minute. Maybe a minute at most.

ROSS: It was about two to five minutes. And this was our -- this was our routine for months.

GRACE: And what flashed through your mind when she said where is Hasanni?

ROSS: Initially, it didn`t hit me. He`s probably standing around there, probably just got -- when Hasanni gets frustrated, he freezes. So I thought he would still be on the side. And we all thought -- even Jennifer thought he was probably just hiding and joking around.

GRACE: How did you come to be his foster father?

ROSS: To make a long story short, his biological parents are not in a position mentally to take care of him. So Jennifer had gotten involved with their lives, and visiting them, and we were approached by social services, would we be willing to take them.

One of the concerns was Hasanni most likely would not be placed, but his sisterly Alia who was the infant, would be the placed so they would be split up. So we basically agreed.

GRACE: So you took them in even while your wife is pregnant, right?

ROSS: She became pregnant after the fact, that`s correct, and we`re engaged.

GRACE: Everyone, won`t you help us? This little boy with cerebral palsy, missing. 510-238-2641.

Let's stop and remember Marine Lance Corporal Jeremy Lasher, 27, Oneida, New York, on a second tour. Met his baby boy the first time after the first tour. Lost his life 48 hours after last speaking to his wife.

A volunteer firefighter back home with a big heart and smile. Loved landscaping, music, drawing, favorite football team, the New York Giants. Leaves behind parents, Vicki and Gary, brother Ryan, also serving Marines, widow Andrea, baby boy Caiden.

Jeremy Lasher, American hero.

Thanks to our guests, but especially to you. I`ll see you tomorrow night, 8:00 sharp, Eastern. And until then, good night, friend.

END

Here is video on NG but starts where I've changed text to blue: YouTube - Disabled Boy, 5, Vanishes; Stepfather Under Scrutiny

I think this is what you were trying to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mamabear2024