CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the phone info on here seems to be that JW received both of the phones, from 2 visits to her house (1 by friend & 1 by police?). They were left at her house during her disappearance. One of which he didn’t look through for 4 days. Btw why does he have her phone & laptop passwords nearly a decade after they divorced? Nobody - including family - has mine, but I’ve read that people on here sometimes share them with their live-in family so they can share access to devices. Why would she share them with him though?

So if the 2 phones were found at her home - does she have a 3rd phone which she used at the football game? Or was it one of the 2 we think were found at home, meaning she must have returned to her house after the game? Or did she never have a phone at the game nor make/receive a call? Or has only 1 of the 2 phones actually been found?

I am also a bit confused about the video footage and whether it was actually the last footage of her at the house, and it’s timing. See also, did she return to the house, did she leave voluntarily but without a phone etc etc

!!!

It troubles me that we only have uncorroborated info from mainly one source. I’m afraid I don’t trust that info for a few reasons but am remaining open to being persuaded differently.

I don’t think it is some kind of “hit” because of her business dealings. I do think those dealings would provide an excellent smokescreen.

WHY WAS HP SO SCARED -- someone asked on the prior thread: She may not have received any threat other than the anticipation that the whole house of cards was about to collapse. After finding out that new bf did not come to her rescue, she MAY have asked for a meeting with [?Mr. Big?] as a last resort, and was offered a chance to escape/disappear until things 'got cleared up'....which she MAY have seen as a better choice than going to the slammer and devastating her son.

I don't believe eliminating HP would bring the SEC investigation of JS's fraud charges to a halt. She isn't the only source of information the Feds have. So, I don't think foul play from this sources likely. And, if she was that important a witness, they would have protected her far earlier in the investigation and it would not have been done in such a high profile, messy manner. MOO MOO MOO

WHY WAS HP SO SCARED -- someone asked on the prior thread: She may not have received any threat other than the anticipation that the whole house of cards was about to collapse. After finding out that new bf did not come to her rescue, she MAY have asked for a meeting with [?Mr. Big?] as a last resort, and was offered a chance to escape/disappear until things 'got cleared up'....which she MAY have seen as a better choice than going to the slammer and devastating her son.
ITA I have thought of the following scenarios.
1. Going into the formal witness Protection Program and NEVER seeing her son again.
2. Staying present and involved in the ongoing investigation and perhaps going to prison for her role. She would see her son but only while an inmate.
3. Disappear voluntarily until things settle down. This gives her the chance to see her son again some day in freedom.MOO MOO MOO

So the phone info on here seems to be that JW received both of the phones, from 2 visits to her house (1 by friend & 1 by police?). They were left at her house during her disappearance. One of which he didn’t look through for 4 days. Btw why does he have her phone & laptop passwords nearly a decade after they divorced? Nobody - including family - has mine, but I’ve read that people on here sometimes share them with their live-in family so they can share access to devices. Why would she share them with him though?

So if the 2 phones were found at her home - does she have a 3rd phone which she used at the football game? Or was it one of the 2 we think were found at home, meaning she must have returned to her house after the game? Or did she never have a phone at the game nor make/receive a call? Or has only 1 of the 2 phones actually been found?

I am also a bit confused about the video footage and whether it was actually the last footage of her at the house, and it’s timing. See also, did she return to the house, did she leave voluntarily but without a phone etc etc

!!!

It troubles me that we only have uncorroborated info from mainly one source. I’m afraid I don’t trust that info for a few reasons but am remaining open to being persuaded differently.

I don’t think it is some kind of “hit” because of her business dealings. I do think those dealings would provide an excellent smokescreen.

I was wondering why JW was allowed to keep Heidi's "electronics" after he reported her missing.
Understandably, the police did not yet have a warrant to search the devices ... but I would have thought they would keep them in their custody for the time being.

By the time JW started going through Heidi's "electronics", Heidi could have been missing for 7 days.

Jim said he took "one of her phones" after reporting Heidi missing and found a message about her dog.
He told The Sun: “I got Heidi’s electronics on October 21, and I probably started going through and checking on October 25."
New clues revealed in missing mom mystery from odd text to multiple phones

I don't believe eliminating HP would bring the SEC investigation of JS's fraud charges to a halt. She isn't the only source of information the Feds have. So, I don't think foul play from this sources likely. And, if she was that important a witness, they would have protected her far earlier in the investigation and it would not have been done in such a high profile, messy manner. MOO MOO MOO

There could be yet-undiscovered things; ie this may not stop current charges, but could prevent discovery of transactions that could form the basis of new allegations against different entities. JMO.

!!!

Obviously the prudent thing is to change it, especially after a divorce, but some people use the same password for decades. And when a kid is involved, it’s often easier for the kid to know the password to the parent’s phone; no password needed to call 911, but kid needs password to watch a show when he’s bored in a waiting room or send a quick text dictated by a parent in the shower. The phone password will give access to texts and probably to emails and any site she had her password auto-filled in. I don’t find it unusual that an ex (or perhaps the son, not the ex) knows the phone password. JMO.

Friends search for California woman missing for 2 weeks

At approximately min 1:43

“One of Planck’s friends told NBC, that she had once picked her up at the residential building where her dog was found, back in 2020, but no one knows anything more her connection to it”

This seems like a critical clue. HP must have known someone who lived in (or otherwise frequented) the building. The key for the police will be analyzing the security footage, which they now have, and taking a good “inventory” of the building’s residents or frequent visitors.

Missing California woman Heidi Planck: LAPD obtain security footage from building where dog was discovered

If HP was on the outs with her new boyfriend in San Francisco, as has been reported, perhaps she was meeting up with a previous acquaintance?

It has also been reported that the building is a hive of nefarious activity, so it is not looking good. :(

Heidi Planck case: Concerns over 'criminal activity' at building where dog found

Am I correct that the ex received her phone from a friend of hers on the 18th, but didn't do anything until the 21st? Hmmm? I find that strange, if true.

I don't know why the friend would take Heidi's phone (on the 18th).

Heidi was seen the day before, hadn't texted her son the night before. But why would they take her phone on the 18th? What if she was elsewhere, had forgotten to take her phone, and was coming home soon?

Missing mom's boyfriend who thought she 'ghosted' him is Zuckerberg charity exec

Now, it has emerged that the single mom had been dating Na’eem Salaam, 43, who works for the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative as a vice president for operations, according to his Linked-In account.

The organization is owned by Facebook founder Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan.

Stanford-educated Na’eem’s mom Amirah confirmed to The Sun that he had been dating Heidi and gasped "oh no" when told that she had gone missing.

We can't sleuth him, There is nothing at all to suggest he is involved in any manner in her diappearance. JMO

It’s the two different phones. The girlfriend gave JW one on the 18th. Supposedly the perdonal/back up ohone.
He went to do the wellness check with LE at the house on the 21 and found rhe workphone and laptops upstairs, after filing the Missing Person report on the 20th. They cops couldn’t take the phones and laps until the warrant was issued days later.
That’s why there was all the dialogue about finding the texts for the dog, the argument with Heidi’s boss’s personal assistant about giving them the work laptop Jim had in his posesión and then gave to LE.
It’s very messy and compounded by very sloppy reporting and a stressed out father and ex and friends who are all afraid to talk but have a need to . keep the case in the news.
But we can sort it out!

If the reporting that both phones have been found is accurate, and I don't believe it is, as the reporting has been all over the map, one article directly contradicting another, and various people saying different things in interviews, but even if only one phone has been found, I am wondering if there was possibly a third 'burner' phone that Heidi was using to communicate with someone, (maybe she was talking to the SEC, or thought she was, or maybe she just feared someone was listening on her other lines), especially if she feared she was in jeopardy for some reason. In this day and age, I cannot fathom someone with 2 phones leaving home with neither of them. I remember the time when I would get in my car and drive, just to get away from phone calls. Now if I get a mile away from my house, and realize I don't have my phone, I will turn around and go back to get it. I think that is just us as a society now. JMO

Last edited:
o

On the 18th? Really? So two days before JW reported her missing?
No, she went to the house on 18th to check on HP, she wasn't there. After the report was filed, JW returned to the house with the friend to check again and that's when they looked at the phone. At least that's what I got from the Nancy Grace interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485