CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All we can really do is sit on the bench for a while and await news. LE is not talking. JW finally stopped talking. We can't sleuth the other player that is lurking in the shadows. We've talked everything else to death at this point.

I'm hoping for some kind of press conference, but I'm not holding my breath. LE hasn't made any statements or appeals since the beginning of this thing. jmo

I'm just sitting on the bench here hoping the Daily Mail will break out some more of that report they ran last evening, so we can get back to doing what we do, with lots to talk about. JMO

Last edited:
Would they put someone in protection and just leave 10yold son to wonder if his mother has died? Maybe they do that, but seems awfully disturbing if true.

Agree, I don’t think that’s how it works. I think the program is very rare and probably the majority of the population in the program are family members of the witnesses.

I'm just sitting on the bench here hoping the Daily Mail will break out some more of that report they excerpted last evening, so we can get back to doing what we do, with lots to talk about. JMO
I imagine the DM will do some digging on their own, perhaps try to get an interview, before publishing the rest of the details. We shall see. jmo

That and he has handed over her electronics to the police - including her work laptop despite the demands by her boss that he return it to JS.

"Wayne said he had spoken to Sugarman's assistant shortly after Planck disappeared and noted that her boss 'didn't appear to be too concerned that she had gone missing.'
... Sugarman seemed more interested in making sure that her work computer was returned.

'While I was on the phone with his assistant, I heard Sugarman in the background barking at his assistant to tell me, 'make sure he knows I want my laptop',' Wayne said. ...'The only thing they really seemed concerned about was Heidi's computer,' he added.
... Wayne said he never returned the laptop and instead turned it over to the police."

Ex-husband of Heidi Planck shares texts from their 11-year-old son as he is granted full custody | Daily Mail Online
Wow, the ex-husband checked obits.

That and he has handed over her electronics to the police - including her work laptop despite the demands by her boss that he return it to JS.

"Wayne said he had spoken to Sugarman's assistant shortly after Planck disappeared and noted that her boss 'didn't appear to be too concerned that she had gone missing.'
... Sugarman seemed more interested in making sure that her work computer was returned.

'While I was on the phone with his assistant, I heard Sugarman in the background barking at his assistant to tell me, 'make sure he knows I want my laptop',' Wayne said. ...'The only thing they really seemed concerned about was Heidi's computer,' he added.
... Wayne said he never returned the laptop and instead turned it over to the police."

Ex-husband of Heidi Planck shares texts from their 11-year-old son as he is granted full custody | Daily Mail Online

BBM...sounds very noble of him, but he allegedly did hold onto it, and her phone, for a week and a half before turning them over, apparently not considering there may be things on there that may be pertinent to the investigation into her disappearance. JMO

BBM...sounds very noble of him, but he allegedly did hold onto it, and her phone, for a week and a half before turning them over, apparently not considering there may be things on there that may be pertinent to the investigation into her disappearance. JMO
But..... (devil's advocate here) LE may not have wanted it back then. This investigation did not ramp up until after they connected the company IIRC. And, he was looking for that dog. Finding that dog may have meant finding her. MOO

Wow, the ex-husband checked obits.
I have to go back and look at that. I didn't see that. The sequence of events he recounted with JS is what caught me. MOO

Edit, okay I saw it.

I don't find that odd. I actually could see how someone could argue that it is exculpatory. She's gone for days. No trace of her. She has a BF who lives in San Francisco. If there is any report of a Jane Doe anywhere up or down the coast, that's potentially a crucial lead. LE was not fully in on the case yet. He was going solo until LE saw fit to raise the priority status after the link to the company and the public attention. MOO JMO

I have to go back and look at that. I didn't see that. The sequence of events he recounted with JS is what caught me. MOO

Edit, okay I saw it.

I don't find that odd. I actually could see how someone could argue that it is exculpatory. She's gone for days. No trace of her. She has a BF who lives in San Francisco. If there is any report of a Jane Doe anywhere up or down the coast, that's potentially a crucial lead. LE was not fully in on the case yet. He was going solo until LE saw fit to raise the priority status after the link to the company and the public attention. MOO JMO

does LE publish obituaries for Jane and John does?

Would they put someone in protection and just leave 10yold son to wonder if his mother has died? Maybe they do that, but seems awfully disturbing if true.
No, they don't do that. They don't abandon minor children. They probably wouldn't alert friends or extended family though, but wouldn't Ron off without explaining to a child.

But I don't think they would send her to WP because the 11 yr old, left behind, would be a huge target. I doubt she would allow that.

Last edited:
Here is the 'elephant in the living room' for me:

How is a woman who has no accounting degree or credentials, no college degree in business, making 150k a year plus 1.5k monthly bonuses as a bookkeeper?

I have to think there is something more to it than her being an awesome 'bookkeeper.'

How is a woman who has no accounting degree or credentials, no college degree in business, making 150k a year plus 1.5k monthly bonuses as a bookkeeper?

I have to think there is something more to it than her being an awesome 'bookkeeper.'
Can you say what you are thinking? Or message me…LOL

College education isn’t the only path to success anymore. Many of the world’s biggest companies are no longer requiring college degrees for some positions in their companies and some of the richest people in the world never graduated college. Your skills, experience, resourcefulness and drive can be enough to land you in the same position as a college educated person. We have multiple people in our company that make six figures with no college education.

Precisely because she is inexperienced and not formally trained as a Comptroller or CFO, maybe? The "Oh, she's not gonna catch onto anything. I just tell her what's right and what's wrong, and what to do, and that's the end of it." MOO Just a thought. Not fact, of course.

I was just reading about witness protection programs. Apparently, you can't take the family pet. I hope this link is permissible.

Odd Rules People In The Witness Protection Program Have To Follow
Parents Can Lose Custody of Children
The issue of children being relocated as part of the witness protection program is a controversial one. In instances where parents are divorced or not together, it can raise problems with access; if the child moves, or one parent is put into protection, then it would make staying in contact incredibly difficult.

The rules state that any parent who has joint custody or visitation rights must agree to a child being relocated - otherwise, they cannot enter the program. Contact is also limited to just 12 visits a year, supervised by marshals.

From your link - yeah Heidi wouldn't have any success with JW in the above. Said tongue in cheek~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett