Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we think no reward is being offered regarding this case? Tomorrow will sadly be exactly a month since her and her care have vanished. Typically rent is due at the beginning of the month as well so in a couple more weeks the landlords will not be out 10-12k in rent which is quite a lot. Do they evict and get a new tenant, who is responsible for all of her property and belongings? How does that work?

Also interesting, I feel like every time they say someone was last seen it is followed up by saying her credit cards/bank accounts have not been used either which I have never heard here.

(bolded by me)
“'There was no concern at all from my ex-wife's employer. It's a multimillion-dollar company, they didn't offer to hire a private investigator or put up a reward.”
Heidi Planck's ex-husband claims her boss was concerned about recovering her laptop | Daily Mail Online

Guess JW thought of a reward and was hoping her employer would offer. Maybe her family doesn’t have the monetary resources to be able to offer one, nor have the know-how for how to ask for one? Don’t know. JMO

Trash incinerators were banned in LA all the way back in 1957. In high rise buildings, including the H+F, there are trash chutes on each floor where residents deposit their trash. The trash travels to the bottom of the chute and is gathered in collection bins. When the bins are full they are swapped out for empty ones. The full bins are then picked up or emptied by regular waste removal companies.
I wonder if anyone has access to those bins before they are picked up. If a resident lost something, accidentally threw something important away, would an employee have access or would someone just be out of luck?

As I read last week, LE weren't even allowed access to anything by security at H&F.

Unbelievable, really.

I don't know that it's all that unusual to expect LE to get a warrant to view security tapes of H&F residents' and their guests' activities. If I lived in a building where I was being taped all the time when outside of my unit, I'd not want that given to LE (or anyone else) willy-nilly. I'd not think it should take long to get a warrant once it was known HP was last seen there. But if a judge wouldn't sign off on a warrant, then that suggests to me H&F definitely shouldn't have turned over tapes without one. After all, she wasn't reported missing for several days after being seen there.
JMO

(bolded by me)
“'There was no concern at all from my ex-wife's employer. It's a multimillion-dollar company, they didn't offer to hire a private investigator or put up a reward.”
Heidi Planck's ex-husband claims her boss was concerned about recovering her laptop | Daily Mail Online

Guess JW thought of a reward and was hoping her employer would offer. Maybe her family doesn’t have the monetary resources to be able to offer one, nor have the know-how for how to ask for one? Don’t know. JMO

Well, JW may have thought the company should do that stuff but I don't know that most employers would take any action immediately (other than maybe asking for a wellness check of the person's home from LE.) Their employee is an adult, she's allowed to go missing, she's allowed to fail to show up at work, and immediately hiring PIs to try to track her down would seem quite weird to me. We also don't know if HP has had other work disappearances. Obviously this one seems quite different but she may have disappeared for a week here or there before. If so, the company definitely wouldn't be doing a big search first thing.
JMO

I don't know that it's all that unusual to expect LE to get a warrant to view security tapes of H&F residents' and their guests' activities. If I lived in a building where I was being taped all the time when outside of my unit, I'd not want that given to LE (or anyone else) willy-nilly. I'd not think it should take long to get a warrant once it was known HP was last seen there. But if a judge wouldn't sign off on a warrant, then that suggests to me H&F definitely shouldn't have turned over tapes without one. After all, she wasn't reported missing for several days after being seen there.
JMO
Absolutely correct. It’s not unbelievable for LE to need a warrant. What happens if there was a crime and they didn’t get the tapes legally and they were thrown out as evidence? People would be irate.

Now we can finally discuss what we’ve read in the court docs we couldn’t discuss…I love they act as if they interviewed him too when in fact they just got this off statements from court docs. I feel like this is too much for DM to have published they could have summed it out without exact wording and why did they wait so long when they’ve these a while now?

To get more clicks. JMO

Absolutely correct. It’s not unbelievable for LE to need a warrant. What happens if there was a crime and they didn’t get the tapes legally and they were thrown out as evidence? People would be irate.

Hey, do we know if there are cctv cameras on each floor? Filming the elevators or entire hallway? Or actually in the elevators?

I'm thinking that with this info LE knows exactly where Heidi went and how the dog got loose in the hallway.

Moo.

Such a sad, scary situation. Seems like Heidi has been dealing with some serious mental health issues for a while now. The thing is, it also sounds like her son was not afraid of her and felt comfortble to reach out to her when she went silent.

I think having the job she has probably put her on edge even more, specially if she was really uncomfortable about her name being in a dense volume of important documents.

Why did JS went to her home and dropped off the muffins 2 days after she went missing? When was the last time he talked to her in person and by text/phone call? If she was ghosting him for 2 days, was the muffin drop-off a way to check if she was home? Were they fighting before she went missing?

I don't believe her ex husband had anything to do her disappearence, they seem to have a pretty civil relationship and his only concern is clearly the child's safety and well-being. I've never seen anything about him making ugly remarks about her, quite the contrary.

I feel really awful for Heidi, but I also feel bad for her son who clearly loves his mommy and just wants her back. I hope she's safe somewhere and eventually goes back home and gets the help she needs.

This is looking more and more like there won't be a happy ending though.

given that all that information came from court documents that the daily mail paid for, I imagine that JW and her friends did not want to share this information with the public, out of respect for Heidi and especially, her son. If they did not share it with law-enforcement directly, it was probably also because they did not want them to dismiss her case as voluntary missing. This is very common with a lot of families, who don't want to disclose anything negative about the missing person. But it definitely does explain why there seems to be a cone of silence over this case.
It's possible the son doesn't even remember anything mentioned on those court documents, so bringing this to light might actually be a really big shock to the poor kid.

I wonder if anyone has access to those bins before they are picked up. If a resident lost something, accidentally threw something important away, would an employee have access or would someone just be out of luck?

Yes, building maintenance has to have it, as sometimes people throw away dangerous materials and also, the bins have to be swapped.

It's possible the son doesn't even remember anything mentioned on those court documents, so bringing this to light might actually be a really big shock to the poor kid.
I agree and they could have summed it up more. No one needs to know the molestation/poop/pee comment it’s just not necessary. Just a low blow to her if she did have an episode and run off and comes back to the whole world being able to know such private things. And who knows if or how much her family knew about it if any really. Her cousin said JW was awful bc she always complained about him and the custody but if they all of that I’d think they’d agree with him as it’s wht is best for din ya know. And all the friends, coworkers and just anyone in general having this intimate knowledge seems unfair considering her son and his friends will all be able to know this now as well. It serves no purpose in helping find her just airing dirty laundry.

At the same time, I doubt she divulged many of those details to her friends? They got her side of the story about custody, but probably knew nothing about what's in those documents.

"Hey, I shot my son in the face with a. Nerf gun and it really upset him. Also, I pulled down my shirt to have him shoot into my cleavage". If she remembers any of that, it's not really going to be info offered up, even to close friends, imo.

I agree and they could have summed it up more. No one needs to know the molestation/poop/pee comment it’s just not necessary. Just a low blow to her if she did have an episode and run off and comes back to the whole world being able to know such private things. And who knows if or how much her family knew about it if any really. Her cousin said JW was awful bc she always complained about him and the custody but if they all of that I’d think they’d agree with him as it’s wht is best for din ya know. And all the friends, coworkers and just anyone in general having this intimate knowledge seems unfair considering her son and his friends will all be able to know this now as well. It serves no purpose in helping find her just airing dirty laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE