Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She seems to have some connection to the building (staff recognized her dog, friend picked her up from there once)—so likely she was visiting with someone she knew. Evidence of “incident,” seems to align with police getting search warrant for building. Obvious evidence (blood etc) would likely have to have been inside an apartment — otherwise tenants would have noticed/reported it. So with a warrant police may have been able to search inside someone’s apartment. Perhaps the search of HPs home was to look for evidence connecting HP to a person at H&F (MOO)?

If she were killed by someone who lives at H&F, I would guess it a crime of passion. A big apartment building is not the most convenient way to hide a crime and dispose of a body. Plus, leaving the dog to be found wasn’t smart.

Has anyone determined exactly when The Muffin Man made his appearance? Current timeline seems to indicate a four-day window. I suspect this showing (ALL we have seen of him) is to establish an alibi: he knew what was happening at the time he was making his delivery.
It should have the sources linked behind it, but there were two reports, one said two days before and one said two days after. I haven't been able to find anything that confirmed the date one way or the other.

She seems to have some connection to the building (staff recognized her dog, friend picked her up from there once)—so likely she was visiting with someone she knew. Evidence of “incident,” seems to align with police getting search warrant for building. Obvious evidence (blood etc) would likely have to have been inside an apartment — otherwise tenants would have noticed/reported it. So with a warrant police may have been able to search inside someone’s apartment. Perhaps the search of HPs home was to look for evidence connecting HP to a person at H&F (MOO)?

If she were killed by someone who lives at H&F, I would guess it a crime of passion. A big apartment building is not the most convenient way to hide a crime and dispose of a body. Plus, leaving the dog to be found wasn’t smart.
LE has a ton more that they haven't revealed. If they are searching the landfill in a specific spot then they think they know the exact day the "evidence" arrived there. They didn't know this until a day or two ago at most or they would have been there already. LE developed something over the weekend- perhaps they finally were able to get through all the camera footage for the week or so after she disappeared and saw something. The reluctance of the building management to allow a search of common areas or to cooperate is going to be the focus of a civil lawsuit by the family IMO.

Do we know where the trash room itself is located? Meaning do residents have access to the room where the garbage chute leads? If so, maybe the chute wasn’t used.
Not in my experience. Once you dump the trash down the shoot it falls down many floors (depending on where you live in the building - but all the trash goes down one chute) directly into a dumpster, which would be outside, usually in an alley if you’re in a city, which a garbage truck would then empty. In my building, there were gates around the dumpster and it was locked (so you couldn’t go to the alley and dump something in directly, or go inside the dumpster to get something out).

Not in my experience. Once you dump the trash down the shoot it falls down many floors (depending on where you live in the building - but all the trash goes down one chute) directly into a dumpster, which would be outside, usually in an alley if you’re in a city, which a garbage truck would then empty. In my building, there were gates around the dumpster and it was locked (so you couldn’t go to the alley and dump something in directly, or go inside the dumpster to get something out).
. In my building each floor has a small room with a door; in those rooms are bins for compost and large cardboard recycling, one shute for trash and another for recycling. They all end in the 1st floor of the parking garage in dumpsters that they rotate to the alley for pick up when full. One thing that happens is folks either out too large items and causes things to back up or the close the shute when moving the dumpsters so items will back up in the shute.

LE has a ton more that they haven't revealed. If they are searching the landfill in a specific spot then they think they know the exact day the "evidence" arrived there. They didn't know this until a day or two ago at most or they would have been there already. LE developed something over the weekend- perhaps they finally were able to get through all the camera footage for the week or so after she disappeared and saw something. The reluctance of the building management to allow a search of common areas or to cooperate is going to be the focus of a civil lawsuit by the family IMO.

Perhaps the DNA analysis results from what they found at H&F.

The delay could have occurred due to pending lab results, forensics and/or a warrant to search the landfill. There's also a good chance things were delayed last week due to the holiday.

The delay could have occurred due to pending lab results, forensics and/or a warrant to search the landfill. There's also a good chance things were delayed last week due to the holiday.

That was my thought to. Everything is running behind. The decrease in work force is felt across every industry. My husband is still waiting on lab results from blood work two weeks ago and we used to get it within 3-5 days.

Wow! I'm just now seeing this and I come here and see the activity here has accelerated:
Police Search Landfill North of Los Angeles in Disappearance of West LA Woman Heidi Planck

I mistakenly assumed that LE had not found her car, but apparently they found it weeks ago, probably not long after the search settled on the H+F building. AND they apparently found something in the building that leads them to believe she died there. I thought I read in one news article where the trash chute wasn't large enough to allow an adult person to be sent down the chute.

If she was killed in that H+F bldg. the killer wasn't very smart in leaving the dog there or perhaps he couldn't catch it.

I was somewhat wary of her ex, but only slightly so. The biggest connection to what happened to her - to me anyway - seemed to be with her employer. Now I'm thinking her ex probably has no connection to what happened to her. Whoever is responsible I hope we see an arrest soon.

Wow! I'm just now seeing this and I come here and see the activity here has accelerated:
Police Search Landfill North of Los Angeles in Disappearance of West LA Woman Heidi Planck

I mistakenly assumed that LE had not found her car, but apparently they found it weeks ago, probably not long after the search settled on the H+F building. AND they apparently found something in the building that leads them to believe she died there. I thought I read in one news article where the trash chute wasn't large enough to allow an adult person to be sent down the chute.

If she was killed in that H+F bldg. the killer wasn't very smart in leaving the dog there or perhaps he couldn't catch it.

I was somewhat wary of her ex, but only slightly so. The biggest connection to what happened to her - to me anyway - seemed to be with her employer. Now I'm thinking her ex probably has no connection to what happened to her. Whoever is responsible I hope we see an arrest soon.

Not to get too graphic, but because an intact adult person may not fit into the chute, it does not mean that an adult cannot fit under any circumstances. Dismemberment has happened in other cases I have followed here, and cannot be ruled out here. Apparently, LE found enough forensic evidence at H+F to conclude that she probably died there. JMO

I see the opposite with JW. Imo, he defended her character to a fault, despite knowing the backstory of her mental illness. I can't recall one bad thing he has said about her. I think many are under the impression that JW released the court records. They are public records the media obtained themselves.

Moo.
JW words and actions are not in agreement. MOO

Unless the one to five people statement is meant to mislead, LE must know where and what happened, otherwise the only thing they could say with any certainty is that one person knows what happened. MOO MOO MOO
I wonder if the 1 to 5 people statement refers to the people that LE told such as mom, ex, friends and not the number of perpetrators of crime. MOO

They would have known almost immediately if enough tissue/blood was found to indicate a fatal incident. It may have taken some time to confirm the DNA was hers but you might presume that it was for investigative purposes. Something was learned very recently however that pointed them to the landfill and had a very specific date associated with it- to search a specific area of the landfill they would need to provide the landfill operator with a date (they keep meticulous records of what gets dumped where and when). To me date means time stamp which means video. I presume they looked at video from the date she went missing first and then had to look at more days and locations before they identified something- which may explain the delay. There may have been many dozens of cameras inside and outside the building and the parking area where her car was located. 100's if not thousands of hours of video.

The reluctance of the building management to allow a search of common areas or to cooperate is going to be the focus of a civil lawsuit by the family IMO.

Respectfully snipped by me.

I agree, however they will hide behind their right to require a search warrant. I'm sure their attorney is doing the talking for them. It's all about covering their tail end rather than doing the right thing.

I doubt it. There are dumps open to the public to use for disposal of personal trash and larger items.

Also, the landfill is in Castaic which is 41 miles from downtown LA where the building is located. It would take at leasts 45 mins in very light traffic but actually much closer to an hour.
i live in another ca city and our trash hauler has you schedule large item pick up w no fees (trying to cut down on trash and dumping) i dont know of any that allow you to just go, but in the smaller town i grew up in, the local dump did allow ppl to take refuse.

It’s surprising that DTLA waste would go to Castaic.
The landfill is closed on Sundays and whatever happened was early evening anyway.
It does accept waste from the public and small
Commercial haulers.
This is what it accepts:
The following materials are accepted for disposal by Chiquita Canyon:

• Municipal Solid Waste
  • Green Waste
  • Construction & Demolition Debris
  • E-Waste for recycling
  • Using Chiquita
in a city as densely populated as LA im not at all surprised.

There was reference by one friend in an early interview to having either dropped off or pick up HP from H+F once before, I think maybe even a couple of years ago? I'll have to go back to find out. There was also a more recent article saying she was known to the staff, but I don't recall whether that was related specifically to this incident or more generally as in they saw her regularly.

I'm going to go with it was someone she planned to meet up with, regardless of whether she knew them well or not.
Given the building security as described in a previous thread, I think she had to have known the person or persons who last saw her. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett