Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The theory of what happened to Heidi has nothing to do with JS, her job, or ex-husband. That stuff was a side issue, with JS likely being worried about company information stored on that laptop.

Supposedly, Heidi attended a party in a penthouse at H+F. She suffered a reaction to something she consumed there. Instead of calling 911, a coverup ensued. Her body ended up in a trash chute, hence the LAPD search of Chiquita Canyon Landfill. All just MOO.

@Knox -appreciate your post.
I have followed this case from the beginning so I am aware of the theory referenced. But I have sooo many questions.

Why did Heidi abruptly leave her son’s ball game to attend a party downtown?
Who invited Heidi to the party - who gave her drugs ? Iirc there was some drug history in Heidi’s past that caused her to lose custody of her son at one point but she had supposedly been “clean”. Was she lured to the party by someone paid to do so etc. Was it really an accidental overdose or a set up.
There are many unknowns.
We really don’t know for sure who she was with once she enters that building downtown, what exactly transpired and how she ended up being fed to the garbage chute into the dumpster - we really don’t know if the event was orchestrated or unfolded organically.
Of course given her past it is entirely possible she had sought out drugs on her own. Or it’s also possible that someone who knew about her struggles and wanted to get rid of her set her up. It’s been know to happen.
Totally my own thoughts and opinions.

Obviously I don't know what really happened to HP any more than any of us do. I hope for HP's son's sake the case is eventually definitively solved but I'm not sure it will be. However, from the beginning it seemed like the idea reported in the press that JS MUST have had something to do with HP's disappearance/death came from HP's ex, JW.

JW made LOTS of very public accusations against JS, especially early on. And while JW and HP did share a child, JW had clearly moved on with his romantic life nearly NINE YEARS after the divorce. It wasn't clear to me though JW really thought HP should move on or at least that she should move on without his (JW's) explicit blessing. JW seemed to resent HP's involvement with JS. I also wondered if it was a romantic relationship in any way at any point.

Frankly, IMO and JMO, it seems to me JW continued to try to insert himself into HP's life to an unhealthy degree. I think we've all seen that happen with a divorced couple (regardless of which partner instigated the divorce.) In this case after HP disappeared, JW took items from HP's home including HP's work computer. (A female friend had a key, JW did not.) And only days later did JW turn the computer over to the police. Obviously JW had no right to do that. There's no doubt the computer belonged to JS, HP had it because she worked for JS. The computer contained private financial information belonging to JS and his company, and if there has been grounds to do it, LE would have needed a warrant to seize the computer. It was certainly clear to everyone including JW that JS wanted the laptop back. (And why wouldn't he? It was his and most of us would not want our private business records floating around who knows where.) But JW seemed determined to prevent JS from claiming his property. He may have thought he was protecting needed evidence in the case (JW, the caped super-hero aiding LE, justice and the American way-- but if he had noble motives, why did he wait days to give the computer to LE?) or he may have simply been determined to "punish" JS for his involvement with HP (JW the long-divorced ex-husband who still considered HP "his property." A man who would happily spend his time p_ssing on any male "competitors" while his own fiancée waited patiently in the wings.)

Shortly after HP disappeared, according to press reports JW was clearly quite angry JS wouldn't discuss HP with him, the EX husband. At that point no one knew HP was really gone for good & if I had been her and I wasn't gone, I would have been livid to discover my boss gave my EX any private information about me. I'd be willing to bet JW's intrusiveness was known at HP's workplaces. He did gush over HP's San Francisco Facebook-connected boyfriend ("I don’t have any worries about him, he’s a great guy.") But IMO the gushing came across as quite false. IMO it was designed to 1) make JS seem more unacceptable by comparison 2) make JW seem more open-minded than he was about HP's romances and her right to an independent private life. 3) And realistically, how likely is it JW knew the BF well enough to evaluate his character? It's not as though he and his ex-wife went on double dates!

I don't doubt JS is an unsavory character. I don't doubt some other members of his family may be too. We've seen some of that play out in other court cases. And if he was paying HP very much and was supplying job "perks," given her reported fairly basic "skill level," one has to wonder why. After the fact JW made a big stink about HP probably engaging in illegal activities for JS (but I'm pretty sure he happily accepted and expected to receive the relatively high child support payments HP paid & she needed a way to pay those.)

I also think there's a big difference between fraud/other "white collar" crimes and murder. We know JS and his colleagues engaged in the former per court cases but that doesn't mean he, his colleagues or anyone in his family killed HP or anyone else. Ex-husbands also kill (or have ex-spouses killed) and there ARE an awfully lot of accidental ODs related to fentanyl.

I don't know if HP liked parties, I've read mixed accounts on that point. There are a fair number of photos out there of HP that appear to have been taken at parties. But people do change. Her regular fairly heavy Adderall use is documented in court filings posted to Quora. Doctor shopping has become more of a challenge for heavy users of prescription drugs. And at the time of her disappearance many regular users were turning to street suppliers for Adderall and many street drugs contain Fentanyl.
MOO
Yes to all of this!
Her ex’s constant finger pointing at others, as well as his other actions and behaviors surrounding Heidi’s disappearance as reported in msm - very curious.
Jmo

The theory above is what they want people to believe. If you knew Heidi (which I did not but I have had the pleasure of getting to know people who did), you'd know she hated parties/crowds. She'd go to make an appearance then quickly leave, at most. Also, if you look into the Sugarman family, you will quickly realize how crooked they are. All of them (Hilda, Michael, Steven, and Jason). I've spent YEARS looking into this case and there is no world in which the Sugarmans have nothing to do with what happened to Heidi.

MOO.

WITH YOU 1000%!

The party theory doesn't make sense to me, because who brings a dog to a party in a upscale residential building? It makes more sense for her to, for some reason, be at the building intending to be in and out quickly maybe picking up or dropping off something. I can see her not wanting to leave the dog in the car (thank God she didn't).

It’s LA. There are dogs everywhere. JMO.

She could've just been "picking up" and figured she'd be back before her son's game ended.
She could've seemed weird to people at game bc she was in withdrawals maybe.
Addiction comes in all shapes and sizes. Not our place to judge.
Yes, this is my thought as well, a pick up. That wasn’t the first time she had been there, she and her dog were seen there previously- according to MSM. I suspect something laced with fentanyl.

were all of her last text messages released to the public? LE could know exactly what happened.

Thoughts:

Obviously she received a text that was “urgent”. Otherwise why bring the dog and why leave your kids game.
I don’t think it’s the ex. LE says 4 or 5 people know exactly what happened. Ex could have hired someone, but 4 or 5 people?? And 9 years divorced is a long time. People move on.
I don’t think it was an accidental overdose at a party. First, the dog. Who wants to keep tabs on a dog at a party? Also, seems like if there were 4 or 5 witnesses, one of them would have flipped. Only one person sold the drugs - why are the other 3 to 4 risking a murder charge to protect someone from a drug dealing/using charge?

It also doesn’t really seem like a purely work related thing. If you and 4 others kill someone because they have super incriminating work information, don’t you make sure to at least get the laptop?

Drug pickup seems reasonable. If she was a regular, I could see her bringing the dog especially if the place was familiar. But again, wouldn’t someone have flipped??

The other possibility that seems plausible is something work adjacent. She got involved in or learned something that wasn’t necessarily directly related to her job. Not a white collar crime. An urgent work issue could have caused her to leave the game in a hurry. And 4 or 5 people could be directly involved so each person is equally incriminated by whatever it was. No flipping. Also, the laptop could be an afterthought in this scenario.

Moo

Frankly, IMO and JMO, it seems to me JW continued to try to insert himself into HP's life to an unhealthy degree.
Fully agree. He expected her to answer his calls at any time of the day (or night) and she not only provided support for him, but the entire family (including Elizabeth and their children). Not surprised Heidi seemed to leave her son's game annoyed. Who wants to drive to DTLA in the middle of a game on a Sunday?
I don't know if HP liked parties, I've read mixed accounts on that point. There are a fair number of photos out there of HP that appear to have been taken at parties. But people do change. Her regular fairly heavy Adderall use is documented in court filings posted to Quora.
Heidi did not like parties according to her best friend. She felt anxious at them and would often leave shortly after arriving. She was a professional though, so she'd still go for a short time just to "show face". Additionally, her Adderall use was only "excessive" according to JW in the divorce filings in an attempt to get full custody of Bond. Heidi's own psychiatrist provided a statement saying she did not abuse the medication (this is also found in the divorce files, FYI).

MOO.

I don't think the ex is involved either. I bet he was so vocal because they share a kid together, and the kid was old enough to understand what was going on and was even sending texts to Heidi asking where she was. I think he was just trying to advocate for his child.

Ex could have hired someone, but 4 or 5 people?? And 9 years divorced is a long time. People move on.
He had taken her to court over their son/child support less than 6 months prior to her disappearance. The court docs include texts between them that suggest they absolutely hated each other up until the day she disappeared. Not suggesting I think he hired anyone, but their relationship at the time wasn't sunshine and rainbows... quite the opposite. MOO.

He had taken her to court over their son/child support less than 6 months prior to her disappearance. The court docs include texts between them that suggest they absolutely hated each other up until the day she disappeared. Not suggesting I think he hired anyone, but their relationship at the time wasn't sunshine and rainbows... quite the opposite. MOO.
Many divorced couples don't play nice with each other, he might indeed be a jerk - but what does that have to do with Heidi's death?

If her best friend knows all intimate details of Heidi's life, who was she visiting at H+F and why?

LE obviously has a good idea what happened to her, but weren't able to find her body at the landfill - only DNA in key locations at H+F. Soon it will be three years since she disappeared. So if the 4-5 people who know what happened remain silent, will her son just never receive an answer as to what happened to his Mom?

Idk. I know people get crazy over custody issues but murdering your ex 9 years in - when you are actively pursuing legal options - I don’t see it but of course people do stuff every day that I can’t fathom.

Idk. I know people get crazy over custody issues but murdering your ex 9 years in - when you are actively pursuing legal options - I don’t see it but of course people do stuff every day that I can’t fathom.
Actively pursuing legal options and constantly not getting what he wanted. The text exchanges between them in more recent years were telling. Again, all in the court docs throughout the years.

I’ve lived in a bunch of high rise buildings and its always a chore to shove your garbage bag down the chute. No way you are putting an adult down a chute.

I don't think the ex-husband killed her or had her killed. (The statement I made earlier was simply that ex-husbands DO kill ex-wives, sometimes long after a separation or divorce. And I expect an ex killing an ex-spouse happens more often than an employer killing an employee.)

But I do think the ex's repeated public statements from the start that her boss was responsible weren't helpful. It's one thing to say that to LE or to his own close friends. But repeatedly grabbing headlines about the guilt of Heidi's boss kept the focus off of Heidi, IMO.

I also think her ex shouldn't have stolen from her house the laptop that belonged to her boss. Eventually he turned it over to LE but I'm sure he tried to access it first. I believe he also took a phone from her house. He had no right to do that either and if he did, I'm sure he tried to access that device too. For all we know he ended up destroying evidence.
MOO

I don't think the ex-husband killed her or had her killed. (The statement I made earlier was simply that ex-husbands DO kill ex-wives, sometimes long after a separation or divorce. And I expect an ex killing an ex-spouse happens more often than an employer killing an employee.)

But I do think the ex's repeated public statements from the start that her boss was responsible weren't helpful. It's one thing to say that to LE or to his own close friends. But repeatedly grabbing headlines about the guilt of Heidi's boss kept the focus off of Heidi, IMO.

I also think her ex shouldn't have stolen from her house the laptop that belonged to her boss. Eventually he turned it over to LE but I'm sure he tried to access it first. I believe he also took a phone from her house. He had no right to do that either and if he did, I'm sure he tried to access that device too. For all we know he ended up destroying evidence.
MOO
Right, a "friend" of Heidi's had a key to her home (which I always thought was kinda odd) and went in, took her computer and laptop, and gave them to JW, who kept them for a bit (a week or so if I recall correctly) before handing them over to LE. Her phone is how he found Seven (the dog), since the people who found the pup had texted the number on his collar. Not sure how he knew her password though. He claims he didn't go through either devices...

MOO

Two adults can "hate" each other without literally resort to murder. They may have not get along, but this is his son's mother and I think that's why he has been vocal, not because he personally likes or cares about her, but because she is his child's mother and his child loves and cares about his mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back