CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery of missing mom Heidi Planck deepens after dog turns up

The ex said he was surprised when he did not hear from Planck in the following days because they usually spoke or texted every day. He realized something was seriously wrong when she did not pick up their son, Bond, as expected on Oct. 20.

“She’s a devoted mother who would never, ever leave her son,” Wayne told NBC.

Custody is shared 50/50, at least at this time, though there may have been ongoing custody issues. Per WS TOS, people not named as suspects may not be sleuthed, so the ex is off-limits, but I have to wonder if he and Heidi have as amicable a relationship as he portrays. Occam's Razor would normally point to the spouse or significant other in a missing person's case such as this, but this particular case has so many twists, Occam would probably throw in the towel and leave it for someone else to figure out. JMO
Sorry I deleted that post after I found the article that mentioned the texts and calls her ex said they normally shared daily. And yes! So many twists. MOO

Her ex has said nothing but good things about her. Doesn't sound like custody of the child is a issue at this time. It is highly unlikely that he is involved in whatever is happening. The supposed boyfriend is in San Francisco.

I still think this is about her job. If it's true that she has been expressing concerns about her name being too tied to paper work, it makes sense.

Her ex has said nothing but good things about her. Doesn't sound like custody of the child is a issue at this time. It is highly unlikely that he is involved in whatever is happening. The supposed boyfriend is in San Francisco.

Re: Potential Point of Contention (custody)
There are 2 sides to every story... and right now there is only one side telling it.

Just sayin'... IMO.

BBM

Planck told her friends and family that the company had "some tax filings that were due" and had complained that "her boss has her name on so much of their corporate paperwork," Wayne said.

Well that is very interesting……

Thinking it had to be the LLC Tax Filing Deadline of October 15th, pending they filed for an extension in April that is the only logical deadline.
Wonder if she signed the tax returns, if her name was all over the corporate paperwork I'd assume she'd have to sign. Just trying to show it could very well be connected to this deadline. It fits.

I've been mulling this case over in my brain, and I think I definitely rule out self harm. Because of the dog. A devoted mother doesn't abandon a dog, especially if her son was attached to it. I would think she'd have been more likely to ask the ex to keep the dog temporarily for some reason, or board him temporarily and leave the ex's name and # as an alternate emergency contact (for when she didn't show up for pickup). MOO

I think there is a lot going on in the background here that we are not privy to.

Ex portrays them as close enough to text daily but her friend uses the term "custody battle".
Shady boss who is currently under federal investigation for a huge fraud $43 mil.
She was the signatory on lots of paperwork.
She alluded to stress in her job but wasn't specific.
Ex gets her electronics four days after she disappears but doesn't go through them for four more days,and more surprisingly, has access/passwords to her electronics.

Not throwing shade at anyone, just an awful lot going on with Heidi that leaves a lot of potential scenarios.

moo

I think there is a lot going on in the background here that we are not privy to.

Ex portrays them as close enough to text daily but her friend uses the term "custody battle".
Shady boss who is currently under federal investigation for a huge fraud $43 mil.
Ex gets her electronics four days after she disappears but doesn't go through them for four more days,and more surprisingly, has access/passwords to her electronics.

Not throwing shade at anyone, just an awful lot going on with Heidi that leaves a lot of potential scenarios.

moo
yes - quite a lot going on here...

moo

Re the texting every day thing, the first statement from the ex was in the context of the half of the week where he has their son. When he said rarely a day goes by where they don’t hear from Heidi via text or a call, I took this to mean that her communication would be primarily with their son.

Thinking it had to be the LLC Tax Filing Deadline of October 15th, pending they filed for an extension in April that is the only logical deadline.
Wonder if she signed the tax returns, if her name was all over the corporate paperwork I'd assume she'd have to sign. Just trying to show it could very well be connected to this deadline. It fits.
Thank you for explaining that, I don’t have any knowledge around the tax subject in the US so I appreciate you taking the time to explain

I'm not sure if I am understanding what you guys are talking about. This forum kinda looses a lot of context due to the numerous pages of replies and the fact you can only see a handful on 1 page at a time.

I think you might be talking about something in reference to the Statement of Information to be submitted to the CA SOS for Arcadian Capital LLC, the LLC she is listed on as a manager. It's related to tax purposes because if you don't file that SI you can't file your taxes with the State Franchise Tax Board. It was filed on October 23, 2020. Although they are already late (its a really confusing schedule of when these need to be turned in), I personally they were under the impression their SI for 2021 was due again.

Arcadian/Statements of Information
The only corporation that comes up in a search for Heidi’s name in Corporationwiki is “Arcadian Capital LLC”. Calfornia law requires every corporation (including LLCs and foreign business associations transacting intrastate business) to file a Statement of Information with the Secretary of State every year listing its officers, address, and a person or designee where legal process (like a summons) can be legally considered properly served the corporation. If I'm not mistaken until 2019 there was no real consequence for failing to file one and no reminder to do so either. However now the state franchise tax board (the people who collect all the state's taxes) somehow enforce this which has resulted in increased compliance in this case providing documents and linking people that otherwise we’d have no idea about. As a result, it seems there is a 2019 and 2020 SI for Arcadian Capital Management LLC and the incorporation of an Arcadian Capital LLC (the one that lists Heidi as a manager), docs lists Heidi's home/the address that was recently searched on Helms Ave as the mailing address and the LLC's office as a private mailbox store in BH. These docs don't seem like they provide much else at first glance but if we look more closely at them there's more to the picture...

—The Managers
- Primary manager of LLC is MJN and JS is listed as the secondary manager.
2020 - Primary manager of LLC is "Heidi p wayne" and MJN is listed as the secondary manager. JS is no longer mentioned.

—Registered Twice
There are two entities listed: "Arcadian Capital LLC" which is organized in California and a "Arcadian Capital Management, LLC" which was organized in Delaware and therefore is as a "foreign" corporation whose registered with the SOS as such in order to allow it to transact intrastate business and pay their taxes. What the motive for having multiple corporations (as other have uncovered and I haven't looked at yet btw) is unclear but it's likely related to either a legal tax scheme like a REIT or an illegal scheme of some sorts and as such some law or regulation recently changed to require these be timely filed beginning in 2019 I believe. This might be important because it explains why these documents suddenly needed to be filed in 2019 and probably in this case rather unexpectedly by someone who maybe wasn't as versed in all the complexities of these documents, and possibly unaware of the fact that the documents would become public record freely available on the internet and permanent records of the company that cannot be un-filed or deleted even if there's a correction necessary. Once they're filed it'd be a crime for anyone to tamper with their contents or intentionally delete the record. This is contrary other jurisdictions like Delaware which is slightly less transparent and is very different from the popular perception that there is some anonymity in business registrations that had people registering their business in obscure states where that they'd never step foot in, like Wyoming, which protects privacy as a means to boost revenue from people seeking to register corporations anonymously who otherwise wouldn't be paying any registration fees to the state. My point here is that there's a strong possibility that these documents were filed by someone who was not aware they'd be publicly available and therefore may provide some valuable clues.

Last edited by a moderator:
—The Dates
Let's call the two corps "AC LLC" and "ACM LLC".

AC LLC ACM LLC (Foreign Registration in CA) AMC LLC (Delaware Registration)
09/26/2019 01/09/2019 06/02/2017

Important here is the establishment of the fact that the underlying entity ACM LLC was formed in 2017 and likely operating in CA prior to registering in 2019 and then after the state began enforcing businesses to file an annual report in 2019 these documents start showing up. Even more important to this case is the date of the most recently filed annual SI for ACM LLC (the foreign corp) which states it was filed on October 23, 2020. If for some reason it was believed that the SI for 2021 for AC LLC needed to be filed around the same time, it makes sense that someone might complete the form and a few days early, say October 17, 2021. Is this what Heidi went to Hope + Flower to do or on that premise or maybe just a coincidence?

Another revelation these few filings reveal is that whoever did this not only likely didn't understand what a lot about what the documents were for exactly for, they also didn't understand when they needed to be filed. It's a confusing schedule and every corporation must file during a unique window of time based on when the were organized so the SOS can process the massive amount of documents it must throughout the year and not on 1 particular date to prevent a bottleneck. My point is they failed to read/understand the schedule and ironically two possibly incriminating documents were filed totally unnecessarily in 2020 when there was no SI required for that year. Importantly, a 2021 SI was required to be filed for AC LLC (the one that had Heidi's name on the most recent and the Helms Ave address) by September 30, 2021 so it’s already late. I sort of think that they didn't pay careful attention to the actually very confusing schedule and genuinely believed it was due again on the same timeline as the Oct 23, 2020 filing.

—The Names
Notice the box for middle name says "Payne" and later fails to capitalize anything other than Heidi calling her "Heidi p wanye". People don't often write their own name on documents like this. Odd to see any name not properly capitalized on such a formal document too and seems to speak to a lack of professionalism, legitimacy, or a feeling that it was completed as a mere formality not to be taken seriously.

—The Signatures
Even more telling is the document isn't signed by Heidi. I know there is something in California about documents not requiring any signature at all if they're electronic, which might explain why the CA SOS didn't reject the filing this. Also, notice the 2019 one was signed so it's not like the SOS removes the signature to prevent potential identify thieves from having authentic signatures of business people. <modsnip>

—Inherently Deceptive
These documents are required specifically to identify people, create a paper-trail, and accountability, facilitate tax collection, etc. The point of them is to obtain information about corporations but its clear that whoever completed these had something to hide and was willing to improperly complete the forms in order to conceal the true set of info the requested which isn't even hard to properly supply. Both LLCs list a storefront in Beverly Hills which sells what are essentially non-USPS PO boxes aka a "real" address that can be used as needed. Most would think it's a suite number or an apartment number, not isn't a real address as the city and USPS don't recognize the number value as a unique address but the store obviosly can figure out who the mail is for based on the number. Why Heidi's address was listed as the "mailing address" of the AC LLC and the physical address as the PO box store isn't clear. Was this supposed to be flipped and the mail received at the mailbox store and her home instead the principal address of the business so they weren't thought to be using a PO box where one is expressly not allowed to be used? Was the document not meant to include the Helms Ave address at all? It asks for a street address for the person but did they not know that this doesn't mean it has to be their home address? Legitimate businesses rarely write down the home address of their corporate directors and instead list a a corporate office address because they obviously can reguarlly get mail there too. Was this a simple mistake, after all it did ask for their address.

<modsnip>

Heidi's Work Experience

According to others on this site, Heidi said was listed as a "controller "of a similar corporation but I doubt she performed the same type of duties as a controller of a legit med sized business. Also small businesses like the corps people have dug up here usually only have a couple of employees who are directors or managers, if any at all, and don't typically have "controllers". She has no real experience as an accountant listed anywhere, had no accounting degree, and no master's degree.

Helms Ave (Heidi's Home)
I also wonder if the Helms Ave address is a single family home? It looks large and as if there actually may be several units there which is supported by the Banc of California sign that Google Maps street view reveals from when the house was under construction. Banc of California is a commercial and business bank and unless the home was multifamily then it would seem to not be eligible for that kind of funding. Was the whole reason that Heidi was living in the Helms Ave address related to the SI issue? Was this slip up discovered and the subject of some sort of dispute? <modsnip> I'd maybe dismiss it an unimportant business relationship but then there's the address listed on the document for Helms Ave where it turns out that Heidi really was living as we know because it was searched the other day and confirmed to be Heidi's home. <modsnip>

Banc of California
Interestingly, I was looking at the Google street view of the house which shows the house while it was still under construction. If you look closely at the construction fence it says it was financed by Banc of California which is a commercial/business bank that allegedly has a sketchy past BANC: Extensive Ties To Notorious Fraudster Jason Galanis Make Shares Un-Investible | Seeking Alpha (thanks to whoever connected these dots earlier).

Federal Search Warrant
Could the SEC be the "federal agents" who served the warrant at Heidi's home on Helms Ave? Notice the news article clearly states "federal" agents but the video doesn't show any FBI presence. Who else then could be investigating her?

This goes right back to the security camera footage at Hope + Flower where Heidi's dog was found. The building has only 2 driveway entrances and all access points are covered by very high quality surveillance cameras. But according to unknown sources, the LAPD hasn't been able to see the tapes and hasn't asked for a search warrant either. Do they know something we don't? Maybe they have been told there is no footage and haven't seen the need to go blaming the building when in their eyes they already have a motive and possible suspects and don't have any need for the building footage.

<modsnip>

The police very well might have it wrong. After all they expected to find some sort of crime scene at her home for some reason and left empty handed. I say this because it may be important and otherwise a dead end to this case. I firmly believe that what Knox uncovered last night is of great importance to this case. If this case otherwise hits a wall then it would confirm what I am telling you.

There is a very possible link to explain why Heidi was in the building which is Douglas Elliman where she worked until September 2016. It seemed to be her last legitimate steady job. At least the last one that she was able to write down legitimate job duties for. Her Linkedin suggests that something happened in 2016 that lead her to be able to leave her very ordinary job at Elliman that seemed leigitimate and began working as a "controller" for venture capital firms which she had no real experience with.

Elliman Real Estate
Let's look at Elliman for a second. It appears to be a successful real estate firm, with a very professional and eloquent website boasting $29B+ in sales, "7,000+ agents" (likely some sort of loosely associated people--was Heidi one of these 7000 "agents"), and 100+ offices. However Google Maps reveals that the office are primarily located in LA, NY area and south Florida, and there are less than 20 offices located in commercial property having a storefront, and maybe a couple dozen personal residences/home offices some of which are quite modest although the website appears to show about 70 commercial locations that at least at one point had a legitimate Elliman sign up. Interestingly, the apparently have an office in Palms, the neighborhood in where Heidis home is. There is a single agent associated with the office, a female, but who knows if this is of any relation because they do have realtors all over who appear to only broker deals for Elliman which appear to be a successful real estate firm that really does a high volume of luxury deals. Not really %1 mega mansions (those are too few and far between to be profitable probably) but still far out of the reach of your average middle class person. They advertise their experience in multiple specialties a couple of which seem like they could be of interest to what Heidi may have been doing in the Hope + Flower luxury high rise towers in DTLA and it seems like there are high odds she was in fact there because her dog was found only 3 hours after she was last seen. For all we know the dog was found only minutes later by the next person who walked out into the hallway where the dog was for whatever reason. Although guessing from the number of apartments on each floor, the travel time from Downey to DTLA, and just my own experiences about how often I run into neighbors in the hallway is was probably more like 15-30 minutes after the incident that seperated Heidi from her dog.

Elliman’s Specialties
They list among their specialties services for landlord and tenants of high rise building like Hope + Flower and connections. From their website:

--Broker Network
“Our strategic international partnership with Knight Frank Residential, the world's largest privately owned property consultancy, enables us to market our properties to global audiences in 61 countries across six continents. Knight Frank Residential allows access to global information on purchasing trends, enabling the ability to forecast future activity in the marketplace and stay ahead of the curve. Together, we comprise over 26,900 real estate professionals representing an over $87 billion global new development portfolio.”

She is listed as an "agent" for these LLCs, not an owner/member, correct? This just means she is the individual to whom documents are to be delivered about the entity's (or entities') filings. It is highly unlikely, IMO, that HP was signing tax returns. Tax returns are not signed by an agent, but an officer/director/member, IME.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but the normal sequence of California license plates is number, letter, letter, letter, number, number, number... 1ABC123, so it seems her plate is a personalized plate, though I have no idea what it may mean, or who personalized it.

I vote not personalized. California re-introduced these "classic black" license plates back in 2015, and they have a different sequence of numbers than the standard white ones. Here's a photo of a random car I found online:

1013365d1453570393-1960-a-california-black-license-plate-image.jpg

She is listed as an "agent" for these LLCs, not an owner/member, correct? This just means she is the individual to whom documents are to be delivered about the entity's (or entities') filings. It is highly unlikely, IMO, that HP was signing tax returns. Tax returns are not signed by an agent, but an officer/director/member, IME.

Planck told her friends and family that the company had "some tax filings that were due" and had complained that "her boss has her name on so much of their corporate paperwork," Wayne said.
Missing California woman's ex-husband suspects foul play: 'Something's dirty here' | Fox News

I don't think we know for sure if she was or was not signing the paperwork. Just found the dates to be an interesting enough of a coincidence to note. But yes this was the first year I was involved in LLC taxes (and it will also be my last, wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy) and only owners of the LLC had to sign and they did not need to be notarized in my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16