CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious about her car. Obviously LA is a huge metro. If it’s downtown, there are tons of private parking lots usually manned by a security/enforcement guard. We also have Union Station 2.5 miles from the building where the dog was located. I have trouble believing it wouldn’t have been ticketed and flagged by now if it was parked and unpaid in DTLA after this amount of time.

(edited formatting and reply feature, sorry! Newbie here ☺️)

True. But IMO the leap from corporate/financial deception to foul play is a big one! Obviously not unheard of though.
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the corporate intrigue theory myself. The Martha Stewarts and other white collar criminals in the US don't really have a history of taking each other out. That's not to say such a thing is impossible though. jmo

I’m curious about her car. Obviously LA is a huge metro. If it’s downtown, there are tons of private parking lots usually manned by a security/enforcement guard. We also have Union Station 2.5 miles from the building where the dog was located. I have trouble believing it wouldn’t have been ticketed and flagged by now if it was parked and unpaid in DTLA after this amount of time.

I have nothing to base this on, other than a gut feeling, but I think her car has been found and thoroughly processed, and is in police custody. I think if it had not been, the search for it would be headline news nightly, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:

Plate readers, plate readers, plate readers!! Should I say it again? LE has not said Boo about the investigation, very close to the vest. The only reason we know half of what we do is because JW loves to talk to media.

Who's to say LE doesn't have the RR in impound already?

Just curious ... what do you think happened to Heidi?
I try to maintain a truly open mind, and there's not enough information yet to even have a gut instinct, like I often have.

I object to jumping to conclusions that are based on fictional thrillers, especially the kind that tends to treat blondes as disposable plot devices. I think each disappearance is all about the actual individuals involved: their unique character and personality, their mental state at the time, and the exact circumstances.

Women usually disappear because of their personal relationships, or simply because they are targetted as female. Especially when they are attractive, blond, etc. They may also have mental health problems.

Last edited:
I have nothing to base this on, other than a gut feeling, but I think her car has been found and thoroughly processed, and is in police custody. I think if it had not been, the search for it would be headline news nightly, and that doesn't seem to be the case.
I think there’s a good possibly of this as well. We’ve had no additional details whatsoever since the original reporting.

I try to maintain a truly open mind, and there's not enough information yet to even have a gut instinct, like I often have.

I object to jumping to conclusions that are based on fictional thrillers, especially the kind that tends to treat blondes as disposable plot devices. I think each disappearance is all about the actual individuals involved: their unique character and personality, their mental state at the time, and the exact circumstances.

Women usually disappear because of their personal relationships, or simply because they are targetted as female. Especially when they are attractive, blond, etc. They may also have mental health problems.
Yes, crimes against adult women are generally very, very personal or very, very random with little in between. Self-harm or voluntary disappearance are possibilities as well. jmo

It just looks like David and Angela own the property so must rent that house out to her but who knows who actually pays for it. They have other property in the area as well. My BIL does this too, he buys property, fixes it up and then creates the LLC name for the particular address so it is its own entity type of thing. What is interesting though is that in the Google

Exactly...not to mention there was nothing said about a bf before, then her mom said someone she had been dating/seeing but didn't make it seem like anything serious or that had been going on a long time, then her ex goes on and on about him and how he is such a great guy and he wouldn't have done anything to her as if he knows him very well, but then we find out that he wouldn't come to visit her that weekend and that he lives in SF so how the heck does the ex feel like he knows him well enough to rule him out.

I am not saying I think he had anything to do with it but just find it on in such a short interview he would go out of his way to talk as if they are super close - has bf come down to LA since he has been missing either? Hes not in the press trying to get answers so makes me seem like it was a fairly casual/newer thing. If they did share custody and her and bf go between SF and LA to see each other I find it hard to believe he hung out with them a lot let alone knew him very well at all. I would think he would have said something like she/my son have only said nice things about him or the couple times I've briefly met him he seemed like a good guy but to act like you know the bf so well as to not question him at all when nothing makes sense as to what happened to her/very little leads after so long is just very odd IMO.

Also find it odd that a woman from the SEC would call her ex-husband of 9 years to ask what he thought about her boss...why would the SEC think that the ex she divorced almost a decade ago would have serious insight into her boss/job, even if they were very close how would the SEC know that and instead of asking specific ?s with dates and what not it sounds like they just asked what he thought of her boss...doesn't sound professional or realistic to me at all...

The ex does qualify his statement about the bf, saying:

“I'm no detective for sure, but he seems like a really great guy.”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3983953/heidi-planck-missing-argued-boyfriend-ghosting/

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

The "circumstances" so far in this case point to Heidi's employment. No one so far, has come forward to point to a dangerous or concerning relationship or MH issue, I think that's worth noting here. I'm not sure what you mean by- conclusions based on fictional thrillers and the blonde thing. I rarely look at anyone's physical appearance as a precursor to being a likely crime victim.

Her ex, close friends, and Mom - in essence those who know her best. Have all pointed to issues Heidi herself raised about her concerns and stress at work. Of course that doesn't mean she had undisclosed issues which led to her disappearance. So I agree there are many possibilities, including she left on her own and is certainly not deceased. I'm hoping for the best outcome for her son's sake.

LE as of October 28 said her car has not been found and provided pictures and plates when they reposted the missing persons flyer.

You'd think it'd be headline news but how can it be if the police don't bother to put the word out that they are still looking for her car and give updates so reporters know the facts and know they are reporting the story in a way that won't hurt their credibility. The news headline at present other than this woman vanished should be that the police don't seem to be doing anything to find her or solve any crimes in LA for that matter. Crimes don't get solved in LA unless they solve themselves and even then its not a given. It's lawlessness and while most people are good some people are evil and are quickly picking up on the fact there's no more police around here.

Putting up a flyer and helping federal agents execute a search warrant which they are required by to do in any case is an embarassment. The likely fact that the video footage wasn't pursued and has since been lost is troubling. They don't care and it's obvious. I like the police, but not as much as I don't like the crime they are failing to prevent.

Last edited:
I know many people were stumped on the plates and what they meant but I never saw someone say it could be "you be for kisses hugs and kisses" like UB4OXO like XOXO that people use meaning hugs and kisses. Also not sure what that would have to do with anything anyways but just never saw someone offer that as a meaning.

I have no direction I'm leaning toward. Just about anything is possible with what little we know.

About the only thing I am close to certain about is that she didn't go into some sort of Witness Protection Program because some level of LE would know and there wouldn't be a mispers report, or it would be quietly cancelled.

MOO

The ex does qualify his statement about the bf, saying:

“I'm no detective for sure, but he seems like a really great guy.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3983953/heidi-planck-missing-argued-boyfriend-ghosting/
Mom 'argued with boyfriend who thought she was ghosting him' when she vanished
Haha yes but after he says "But Jim insists Heidi's new man is a "great guy", adding: "I don’t have any worries about him, he’s a great guy."
He added: “I'm no detective for sure, but he seems like a really great guy. “As I said, I'm not a detective, but I can pretty much assure you that that’s not it.”

I just feel like that is an odd way to talk anyways. I am not a detective but have "no worries" about him and can assure you he has nothing to do with her disappearance? Just weird again for someone he probably hardly knows? And I also find it interesting regarding how he knew about the fight the week before...did he tell him that or did she tell him that?

Do we know anything about the stairwell access in the complex? Is there a door that requires key card access or is it open access once inside the building? I know security is pretty tight there. Could the dog have wandered up there from a different floor? Perhaps it followed someone in to the building from nearby? (Wherever Heidi's last location was) Followed someone up the stairs? Or it was dropped there but maybe on a different floor and just snuck around until those people found it?

Edit. The reason I ask is bc it takes away the significance of the 28th floor. It could be any floor that the dog was dropped..if that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member