Identified! CA - Humboldt Co., WhtFem UP55390, 25-30, body in wooded area near Old Stagecoach road, Feb'80 - Denise Gail Cruz

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interestingly, the other medicine (Doxepin) has also been traditionally used as a sleep aid as well, though it has been rescinded as of late in the States. Anxiety/Depression seems like the more realistic answer, though.
(Via: Drugs & Medications)

Her PMI is 3 weeks but it looks like she's in pretty good shape in the post-mortem photos?
That's the interesting part, as if something or someone made her remains preserved. Typically, from what I've read, three weeks-old corpses are already in a stage of advanced decomposition.

That's the interesting part, as if something or someone made her remains preserved. Typically, from what I've read, three weeks-old corpses are already in a stage of advanced decomposition.
It was February, so I imagine that had a role in it. Humboldt County is pretty far north compared to, say, Los Angeles.

I was looking again at the photos of this Jane Doe, and her earlobes look to be attached and in a unique way. Unless that’s a defect in the photo? Might be something to look for in a potential match.

Her PMI is 3 weeks but it looks like she's in pretty good shape in the post-mortem photos?
I'm probably wrong, but I always thought PMI-Post Mortem Interval-wasn't the time of death, but when the autopsy was performed. So they could have had her remains in storage for 3 weeks before performing the exam. This is just my take on things, I've heard different explanations for what the date means.

I'm probably wrong, but I always thought PMI-Post Mortem Interval-wasn't the time of death, but when the autopsy was performed. So they could have had her remains in storage for 3 weeks before performing the exam. This is just my take on things, I've heard different explanations for what the date means.
The PMI is the time that has elapsed since death. I think they work their magic and come up with their best educated guess at time of death. The PMI would be from that time up to when the body was discovered. So, how long had the person been dead when they were found; or when were they likely last alive. Because that gives us a place to start trying to figure out who the person could be. I think, among other things, having had photos of the body at the scene and time of discovery would be taken into account and I’d imagine that would (should) be factored in to their final estimation.

But, now that you bring it up though, I guess I don’t know for certain either. :confused:o_O I may have made us all more confused. LOL

Post-mortem interval - Wikipedia

Lisa Jane Borden was thought to be traveling around and possibly hitchhiking in California. Her height is listed as 5 ft 8- 5ft 11 and 140-150 lbs. At 19, she is a bit young for the UID, but otherwise seems possible to me. Last date of contact is October 1979.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Edited to add Victoria's sketch for comparison. Hope this is OK? I assume we should not use the image of the UID deceased.

Original.jpgScreen Shot 2020-09-17 at 3.14.51 PM.png

Bit more about Lisa from Charley Project that is possibly of interest:

Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Borden has a scar on her left hand. She had metal and screws implanted in her left hand after it was injured in an accident.

Perhaps rules her out, but I was thinking of the grafts and possible accident mentioned for this UID.

Good catch! According to public records he is in his late 70s now, so definitely could have been practicing back when this Jane Doe was found.

According to a 1982 newspaper article he involved in a lawsuit; it states he practiced in Portland, Oregon at the time. So could potentially be an Oregon connection with this case?
There was an Arnold Linnemann Petersen II who lived in Modesto, CA in 1982 then later in Portland, Oregon.
The clothes she wore could be used, donated clothing she got in a shelter or a donation bin. Maybe DNA will be the answer to getting her name.

I finished checking the MP profiles removed today and all of them were from 2022-2023. However, there are 30 resolved cases that were removed that were either not publicly viewable or were added/removed since my last check earlier today. (1 case from AL, 26 from FL, 3 from TX). No way to know who those MPs were, unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back